Just got the call from the Cubs

czman

Liked Posts:
So I just got the call about season tickets. I thought it would take about 5-10 more years, only took ~7. Not sure I want the tickets yet. Anyone know hard it is to sell day tickets or tickets in general?

I am bot in a place where I can go to 81 games and most people I know either don't like sports, are broke, or have to work weekdays like me.

Any thoughts from season ticket holders past or present would be appreciated.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I just got the call about season tickets. I thought it would take about 5-10 more years, only took ~7. Not sure I want the tickets yet. Anyone know hard it is to sell day tickets or tickets in general?

I am bot in a place where I can go to 81 games and most people I know either don't like sports, are broke, or have to work weekdays like me.

I would think you can sell high on certain games. May have to go lower on smaller game but you probably make a profit. Just time on your part, but I think they will have a team competing this year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure about baseball or cubs season tickets, but I know NBA tickets there is an app that basically sells season tickets you don’t want to use for you ahead of time. You basically just tell the app which games you want to sell off and for how much and it finds the buyer for you. I would imagine it works the same way for MLB

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

You wont make much money unless they are a playoff team. I had them 2015-2019. For 2-3 years, it was great. Could sell above face value if I couldn't go. But there were a lot of games where I had to sell below face or even give them away.

My best suggestion: Find a group of friends to split with. That's what I did.

czman

Liked Posts:
You wont make much money unless they are a playoff team. I had them 2015-2019. For 2-3 years, it was great. Could sell above face value if I couldn't go. But there were a lot of games where I had to sell below face or even give them away.

My best suggestion: Find a group of friends to split with. That's what I did.
Do you even think making money is possible if they are not in the playoffs and selling playoff tickets? I just don't want to take a bath on this since I won't be able to go to most games.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Do you even think making money is possible if they are not in the playoffs and selling playoff tickets? I just don't want to take a bath on this since I won't be able to go to most games.
It's possible. But very, very slim. That was just my experience. I had 200 level under awning between first and home. Great seats. Rough selling weekday games.

Bleachers were a little easier.