Just me, or was the officiating particularly horrible today?

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
Super happy that the Bears came away with a W, but ffs, the officiating seemed particularly horrible today. Between non-calls, roughing the passer, TDs called back and penalties generally overall this game was a lot closer than it should have been IMO.

I don't like griping about this sort of thing, because it generally balances out and goes both ways, but today was pretty bad IMHO.
The refs are out to get us. I wrote the league. All losses here out are on their heads. 15 wins!!!!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Listen, I wanted it to be a TD too, but you people claiming he caught it and especially “made a football move” are just a liiiiitle bit homers. Or drunk. Or both.

Please, for comedic relief, tell us what that football move was. He didn’t have the ball when he cam down. What move?????

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate the Calvin Johnson rule, I don’t see how that doesn’t apply to the Arob’s catch. You have to control the ball even after going to the ground. Remove the defender on this play, and it’s an incomplete pass if he loses the ball after hitting the ground.

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Super happy that the Bears came away with a W, but ffs, the officiating seemed particularly horrible today. Between non-calls, roughing the passer, TDs called back and penalties generally overall this game was a lot closer than it should have been IMO.

I don't like griping about this sort of thing, because it generally balances out and goes both ways, but today was pretty bad IMHO.
As usual...they seem to focus only on roughing the passer situations (they even seem to invent them imho) and almost never on holdings on our pass rushers...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Listen, I wanted it to be a TD too, but you people claiming he caught it and especially “made a football move” are just a liiiiitle bit homers. Or drunk. Or both.

Please, for comedic relief, tell us what that football move was. He didn’t have the ball when he cam down. What move?????
I thought the final motion of the Falcons DB was pretty telling. He jerked the ball from AR's hands. It's iffy IMO until that point. It was a tie goes to the runner sort of moment until he jerked the ball away. They were both on the ground at that point though so I'd call that a TD.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Yes! It was awful. So many missed holds on ATL and a couple of garbage roughing penalties that shouldn't have been flagged. The Robinson TD catch was a terrible reversal, and they missed at least 2 offsides penalties on ATL that were just blatantly obvious. I called them out in real-time as they happened.

That's what makes this win even more miraculous: The fact that they had to overcome their inept offense and swiss cheese defense AND the officials. This win feels like it was earned more than the Lions win, though. I thought the Bears earned that W more than the Falcons lost it. Some of those throws Foles' had to make were pretty ridiculous. He could have had 5 touchdowns had it not been for a bad overturn and a drop by Miller. His WR's didn't help him much until late.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
ARob was complaining to the official afterwards about it too.
What do you expect him to do?

There is no way under any interpretation of the rules an objective observer says he caught that ball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes! It was awful. So many missed holds on ATL and a couple of garbage roughing penalties that shouldn't have been flagged. The Robinson TD catch was a terrible reversal, and they missed at least 2 offsides penalties on ATL that were just blatantly obvious. I called them out in real-time as they happened.

That's what makes this win even more miraculous: The fact that they had to overcome their inept offense and swiss cheese defense AND the officials. This win feels like it was earned more than the Lions win, though. I thought the Bears earned that W more than the Falcons lost it. Some of those throws Foles' had to make were pretty ridiculous. He could have had 5 touchdowns had it not been for a bad overturn and a drop by Miller. His WR's didn't help him much until late.
I didn’t see the first half but saw a missed offside on atl DE in third. Clearly lined up off side.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Only losers complain about the officiating. I expected more out of you @nvanprooyen
For what it's worth, I wouldn't have created this thread if we lost. That's some pussy ass bullshit in my opinion. But since we won, and are well outside of the "excuse zone", I thought it was in the realm of stuff that was worth discussing. Because I truly felt the officiating was flat out terrible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm not sure it hasn't been worse the 1st 2 games. At least the reviews corrected some of the errors. The amount of holding that Mack has been facing before today was ridiculous.