Justin Chase Claypool comments

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
There is no way to get an accurate measure of what Claypool is from the chaos that was last season. The o-line was a mess. Fields was running for his life on most drop backs. There was no true number 1 receiver in Chicago last year. Claypool was dropped into that mess, obviously with no training camp reps with Fields, midway through the season. No one would have been successful last season with those ingredients.

Claypool had 62 catches for 873 yards and 11 TD's in his rookie season. That was 2020. He's 6'4" 238 lbs and he's 24 years old. Trading a number 2 pick for a guy like that seems like a reasonable gamble given his measurables and potential. Maybe he's a bust. Maybe he'll become an electric playmaker. Every GM whiffs on picks and trades. No GM bats .1000. I like Poles' willingness to try to add what could be a dynamic playmaker to a team that lacks exactly that. We should have a much better idea of who Claypool is by late November or December. Give it time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The question is....was Claypool properly incorporated into the offense? The guy is 6' 4" 238 Why was he not utilized
in match ups to take advantage of his size.

Big issue last year is fields never felt comfortable.

You can't waste your #1 WR running a go route when you have sam mustipher getting pushed back.

Hopefully, it should be fixed this year. Claypool should beast in single coverage on the outside.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Claypool is gonna be a very good WR for us. His size and speed are top notch and he has a large catch radius. I think he will be fighting for the 1 spot before seasons end. Anyone trying to judge Claypool off last year is short sighted and looking at the wrong stuff.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The contract battle between Claypool and Mooney should be a fun watch.
I agree it should be fun to watch. My only concern will be if it has the potential to become contentious if the ball isn't spread around enough that they feel like it's jeopardizing their pay days. If Fields spreads the ball around and utilizes all the weapons, it's possible that they will get opportunities but may not get the numbers that would justify the big payday they might be hoping for (i.e. showing some WR needy team they might be a WR #1 worth overpaying).

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Hoping he produces but one thing Poles has done well this offseason is put the bears in position to replace both Claypool and Mooney in ‘24 if needed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hoping he produces but one thing Poles has done well this offseason is put the bears in position to replace both Claypool and Mooney in ‘24 if needed.

Now imagine a world where both claypool and mooney play well and you don't have to worry about WR next year.

Much as I want Marvin Harrison, having a top 10 pick from the panthers and going defense would be amazing!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Now imagine a world where both claypool and mooney play well and you don't have to worry about WR next year.

Much as I want Marvin Harrison, having a top 10 pick from the panthers and going defense would be amazing!
Yeah if both work out then a top 10 pick on DE would be great.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
in claypool's defense. It's got to absolutely suck to run wind sprints for over 2 hours knowing you may get 1 ball thrown your way. Mofo had Mitch Trubisky, Fields and Pickett throwing his direction, lol

this is claypool and mooney's contract years. they playing a position that pays big bucks (2nd highest paid position in nfl). Both them have high motivation to train and work hard but it can go down hill quick if they not getting targets and the losses mount again for another loser season.

"Chicago and the losses sucked the fun out of football" David Montgomery
This is a make-or-break year for Claypool's career. Mooney won't be done whether he gets an extension or not.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Claypool was robbed in the Dolphins game. He was straight up mugged in the air. That was PI all day every day. Refs just didn't want to throw the flag and fuck up the tank.
Terrible calls there may have been 2 that game that can't be defended by officials.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The acquisition of DJ Moore pushed down Claypool and Mooney to where they should be in the pecking order. Claypool isn't a #1 WR and anyone expecting him to show out during a tank season was delusional. The trade was meant to get ahead of the WR market and support Fields in the future. On its own, it doesn't look great but in context it's part of a larger plan that seems to be developing. We'll see how that goes with a compliment of weapons around Fields and better OL play in front of him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What I do want "Las Velus" to do... is take the top off the defense and catch 2-3 bombs every game. And maybe get 4-5 Td's this season. I'm hoping we hit the jackpot with Jones. Go Bears !!

2-3 bombs every game, huh?

These are examples of "bombs". It's a deep pass

Justin Herbert Throws Bomb From To The Endzone From The 50 yard line| Chargers vs Bucanneers​

why do you refuse to quote like a normal person?

There ya go above. Happy Memorial Day

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Or Brock

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini