Justin Fields breakdown

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
That's just it. Pro Days don't tell you a lot and you said that you don't care for them but it was still enough to move Jones down for you and I agree that he looked anything but special. It's such an inexact science.
Agree about the ProDay stuff, it can typically hurt you more than it helps you. In Jones case, I think it hurt him, in Field case he might have made people think about going back to the film because he had a very good day throwing.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I gotta give this guy props for having Herbert graded so highly.
interesting his perception of Field's aloof or arrogant press interview he compared him to Kyler Murray, just before reading that I thought he reminded me of Cam Newton....Newton was a physical specimen...a winner with supreme confidence(arrogance?) that was sometimes off putting to teammates. Teammates have done some work on Cam to make him "one of the boys". I've heard a great coach say once that the QB is of the team...but above the team.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
well now that i've hopped on Field's jock Orlovsky is saying that people in the know say that Fields is "last one in, first one out" of practice and his stock is supposedly dropping

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
DeliriousAggressiveCub-size_restricted.gif

EachArtisticIrishterrier-size_restricted.gif

IllinformedWellmadeAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

LightLameAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

IncomparableConstantArkshell-size_restricted.gif

SourTautAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

HighlevelThinIndochinahogdeer-size_restricted.gif

FluffyEmptyDorado-size_restricted.gif

ShallowVengefulHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

LimpAlertGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

DecimalSnivelingGuanaco-size_restricted.gif

FrayedGracefulAntlion-size_restricted.gif

TiredCautiousCoati-size_restricted.gif

From watching all these clips, Fields seems like a 1 read or take off type of guy. I didn't see one completion or even much of any attempts at a 2nd read. If this is a consistent part of his game he will have a hard time in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would be happy to have him.

Ya but that's from playing Call of Duty.
The only raps I ever hear about him have to do with his attitude. Sometimes it's just a college thing. Sure can't complain about his effort on the field. Now we need a scandal and maybe he falls to 20.(y)

some photos hitting a bong might do the trick lol

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well now that i've hopped on Field's jock Orlovsky is saying that people in the know say that Fields is "last one in, first one out" of practice and his stock is supposedly dropping

This could be legit but it is also lying season. This could be a manufactured rumor to intentionally drop his draft stock. It would be a shitty thing to do to a 20 something year old but tis the season.

From watching all these clips, Fields seems like a 1 read or take off type of guy. I didn't see one completion or even much of any attempts at a 2nd read. If this is a consistent part of his game he will have a hard time in the NFL.
Apparently OSU’s passing O is based on option routes so Fields had to wait for his WR to make a decision before he could make his. So while it looks like he is making 1 read and then taking off he could be just simply running out of time after waiting for his read to make a decision and then getting out of there after he doesn’t like what he sees. NFL reads can be taught if the player is committed.

What I see is someone who is accurate to all levels of the field with a big arm and A+ athletic traits.

After watching Trubisky sky his passes over his receiver’s head for the last four years watching Fields highlights (I know it’s just highlights) was refreshing. He is built like Cam but plays like Watson.

All that being said my QB evals are historically bad…

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can clearly see him going through his progressions in the first two GIF’s. Also, one of the big knocks on Fields is that he doesn’t take off and run enough. He tends to try and buy time in the pocket for too long to make a throw rather than taking an available running lane.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This could be legit but it is also lying season. This could be a manufactured rumor to intentionally drop his draft stock. It would be a shitty thing to do to a 20 something year old but tis the season.

Apparently OSU’s passing O is based on option routes so Fields had to wait for his WR to make a decision before he could make his. So while it looks like he is making 1 read and then taking off he could be just simply running out of time after waiting for his read to make a decision and then getting out of there after he doesn’t like what he sees. NFL reads can be taught if the player is committed.

What I see is someone who is accurate to all levels of the field with a big arm and A+ athletic traits.

After watching Trubisky sky his passes over his receiver’s head for the last four years watching Fields highlights (I know it’s just highlights) was refreshing. He is built like Cam but plays like Watson.

All that being said my QB evals are historically bad…
I'd take him but those options should be known at or right after the snap. It's not like the WR actually has an option but instead is supposed to take the correct one which is an early read from both him and QB. Biggest issue for me is not making progressions or finding open outlets under pressure. I hope the last in 1st out stuff is somewhat on point. It's college and he's smart. If he applies himself in becoming a pocket 1st passer in the pros, sky is the limit. That last sentence is why you see him fall a bit. GMs and coaches having concerns about his pocket play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can clearly see him going through his progressions in the first two GIF’s. Also, one of the big knocks on Fields is that he doesn’t take off and run enough. He tends to try and buy time in the pocket for too long to make a throw rather than taking an available running lane.
or the available outlet at times. I think these college players get overly dissected. He's got the stature, traits and tools. Just draft him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'd like to watch more tape, but the Bears have no chance at Fields, so I won't waste my time.

All this speculation of him falling is BS, and any team that takes Wilson over Fields has a clown show for scouting.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to watch more tape, but the Bears have no chance at Fields, so I won't waste my time.

All this speculation of him falling is BS, and any team that takes Wilson over Fields has a clown show for scouting.
Who's speculating. It's all a gag and wishful but nobody expects him to be available at 20. I'd consider a move for him if he falls enough to not cost the farm but I don't actually see it happening. That said, almost every draft has a significant surprise.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Who's speculating. It's all a gag and wishful but nobody expects him to be available at 20. I'd consider a move for him if he falls enough to not cost the farm but I don't actually see it happening. That said, almost every draft has a significant surprise.

I was referring to speculation by the media, not posters.

They are trying to create stories again.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I was referring to speculation by the media, not posters.

They are trying to create stories again.
It's the same thing every year. They need to create narratives to drive ratings and make money. The whole Mac jones to the 9ers thing is hilarious. In a division with Murray Stafford and Wilson nobody is giving up 3 first rounders for Jones to compete against that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's the same thing every year. They need to create narratives to drive ratings and make money. The whole Mac jones to the 9ers thing is hilarious. In a division with Murray Stafford and Wilson nobody is giving up 3 first rounders for Jones to compete against that.

I wonder if the 49ers know the Jets are taking Zach Wilson, so they already know they're getting Fields.

That makes sense. I know some ppl think the 49ers like 2 or 3 QBs....but I cannot see giving up that haul without some insider intel.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
This kid has some real touch on the ball - best deep throw I've seen since Russell Wilson.

Imo he will be a better pro than Zack Wilson

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the 49ers know the Jets are taking Zach Wilson, so they already know they're getting Fields.

That makes sense. I know some ppl think the 49ers like 2 or 3 QBs....but I cannot see giving up that haul without some insider intel.
Fairly certain that is the case. Gotta remember Robert Saleh has ties and a good relationship with his former bosses Lynch and Shanahan.