Justin Fields comp is Dak Prescott???????

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rustle Wellsome

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Fields is Steve Young. Or better yet, Moon with wheels. In other words, he has the potential to be a goat. As a husker fan I despised watching him go against Nebraska. Young man has game. Hes bigger than Mahomes and Watson. We gonna see greatness. Chi city gonna be lit in 6 months.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, I know every physical attribute about him is different. I get it. But every time I watch him bomb it, I just think, "Fuck it, I'm going deep".

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know but imagine what this team could do with Dak's production.

I suspect fields is more athletic and his arm stronger, but not a bad comp.

Get worried if the have a Dallas comp for one of our defensive picks.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Dak comp was regarding near identical size from my understanding. Also ability to manage the offense as a calm leader.

The other comps are better yet, which Fields is even faster than and according to that perfect 130 test score, also smarter.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
At this point, I’d be happy if the Bears picked up his 5th year option which would mean he’s decent, lol.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would rather us start "20 why Trubisky failed" threads than go over comps for Fields

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I've heard Dak. I've heard a more athletic Josh Allen. I've heard a slightly less dynamic Deshaun Watson. I've heard Cam Newton. I've heard Daunte Culpepper.

Here's something to keep in mind:

Fields is really unique, because he's an extremely athletic, mobile quarterback who's also a pocket passer.

He feels comfortable inside the pocket, and most of his biggest throws were from there.

But he also knows when to break contain and take off, or extend plays.

This is actually pretty similar to a more-athletic Patrick Mahomes.

One of the biggest myths is that Mahomes is a great runner. He's not. He's extremely slow and awkward as a runner. But he has such good mobility and escapability, and is great at throwing outside of the pocket and/or on the run.

Now, Fields in college didn't show a huge aptitude for throwing on the run or throwing from outside of the pocket, but imagine Mahomes' same mobility and escapability in a more athletic, quicker body. That's Fields.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Im thinking Fields comp is a more mobile, bigger armed, Tom Brady.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've heard Dak. I've heard a more athletic Josh Allen. I've heard a slightly less dynamic Deshaun Watson. I've heard Cam Newton. I've heard Daunte Culpepper.

Here's something to keep in mind:

Fields is really unique, because he's an extremely athletic, mobile quarterback who's also a pocket passer.

He feels comfortable inside the pocket, and most of his biggest throws were from there.

But he also knows when to break contain and take off, or extend plays.

This is actually pretty similar to a more-athletic Patrick Mahomes.

One of the biggest myths is that Mahomes is a great runner. He's not. He's extremely slow and awkward as a runner. But he has such good mobility and escapability, and is great at throwing outside of the pocket and/or on the run.

Now, Fields in college didn't show a huge aptitude for throwing on the run or throwing from outside of the pocket, but imagine Mahomes' same mobility and escapability in a more athletic, quicker body. That's Fields.
Yep; never understood why people say Mahomes is a good runner. He's really not. Imagine if Fields can blend some Patrick Mahomes with Deshaun Watson. This pick only looks better and better.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im thinking Fields comp is a more mobile, bigger armed, Tom Brady.

Ya, he's definitely comparable to Tom Brady in terms of pocket presence... But he runs like Walter Payton and has an arm like Elway. He's probably about as smart as Stephan Hawking and I heard he can actually fly... Also, he shits gold and vomit's diamonds...