Justin Fields Deep Ball Project

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is from BrickWallBlitz, dude does a "Deep Ball Project" Yearly:

Capture.PNG

THE NUMBERS FROM 2021-22

Fields' 58.62% deep accuracy percentage would rank fourth in the 2020-21 Deep Ball Project, while his tight window accuracy would rank first.

Fields in particular thrived on passes of 31 yards and beyond. Whereas Mitchell Trubisky's stereotype was that he could not throw to his left, Fields has instead cornered the Chicago market on throws there. Continuing the theme of the quarterbacks I've charted as of this writing, his deep accuracy under pressure was higher than his accuracy without any pressure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just for a comparison, here is mitch/dalton last year(2020):

screen-shot-2021-02-15-at-12.13.17-am.png

screen-shot-2021-02-15-at-12.13.28-am.png

Eat shit @Black Rainbow

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I mean that's great, but deep balls are only part of the game. You gotta flick the shallow stuff as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky's inability to throw left was false...over his career here he throw just fine to the left.

Trubisky could not throw deep and I don't think Nagy's game plan allowed for much deep. That was painfully evident with What Nagy drew up for Fields.

I'd just as soon throw out any stat from the Nagy era as some sort of baseline.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Glad to see his tight window accuracy so good, but it sucks that he has to do that to get completions. I watch other games and see receivers get open in a zone, or turn in a route and get separation from their man. Rarely see players in Bears uniforms do that.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
"Left: 1/10"

Can't throw left. /sarc

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
"Left: 1/10"

Can't throw left. /sarc

what about the across the field overs to mooney? i swear i remember seeing a handfull of those.. seemed like their money play... maybe they were intermediate and the handful were just a few... always drank during the game.. already starting to forget most of the season on offense minus the scramble and hitches

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yep. His season was not as bad as advertised. I believe if he has a competent coach, the narrative around Fields would be much different.

The full article stated that two of his interceptions were based on accurate throws.

Not surprising, just kinda backs up what we all knew outside of Black Rainbow.

Fields has the goods if you give him a clean pocket and weapons to work with. Shit, he had more accurate 20+ yard passes than mitch and dalton combined in 2020.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The full article stated that two of his interceptions were based on accurate throws.

Fields has the goods if you give him a clean pocket and weapons to work with. Shit, he had more accurate 20+ yard passes than mitch and dalton combined in 2020.
Exactly this.

I want to bitch slap anyone who thinks Fields is a bust.

Reactions: Myk

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Im honestly surprised its only 2. Maybe this past season is blending in with 2020 where a few of Mitch's were just bad tips by the WRs.

The whole story of how this season played out was just bad. This is why most of us didn't trust Nagy's "process" when he said Fields couldn't win the starting job. You have to earn trust and Nagy hasn't.

No starting reps. Zero gameplan for Fields when he did start. On and off starts due to injury. Mediocre at best receiving corp. And even with all of that, i think he showed enough high end flash + what he showed in college to make me think he'll be alright. Not to mention the maturity and toughness.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields was set up to fail the moment he heard his name called lol. The offense doesn’t fit anyone, we just have guys at most positions except RB, the way Nagy “integrated “ Fields in before Dalton got hurt was r3tarded, the way he phased out Robinson etc