Justin Fields excuses poll.

Which of these excuses will be used the most Sunday night in GB that weren't used for Dalton?

• Total voters

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said Mitch would be the greatest bears QB ever
1 positive post outta 100s of negative.

The whole reason this board started viewing me as negative is because of Mitch.

I'm sure I could find ONE positive post about Mitch in your history, but I don't sweat you like you sweat me. ?

msadows

Liked Posts:
1 positive post outta 100s of negative.

The whole reason this board started viewing me as negative is because of Mitch.

I'm sure I could find ONE positive post about Mitch in your history, but I don't sweat you like you sweat me. ?

Dude I was the biggest mitch nut hugger and not one person gave two fucks about you back then.

I think you're trying too hard to be anytime.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch apologist - never forget.

Yup, right up until I wasn't. ?‍♂️ And guess what, if Fields follows in Mitch's footsteps my opinion on him will change too! Imagine that, it's almost like people's opinions on things can change over time as new evidence is presented. Crazy concept I know! But whatever, carry on trying way too hard to troll the board despite telling everyone you were going dark. Fuckin loser. ?✌️

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Take a break man, for your own sanity.

No one is making excuses for fields, he's a rookie on an awful team. That isn't an excuse, its a fact.

There is reality and then whatever you have going on in your head right now.
Based post.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, right up until I wasn't. ?‍♂️ And guess what, if Fields follows in Mitch's footsteps my opinion on him will change too! Imagine that, it's almost like people's opinions on things can change over time as new evidence is presented. Crazy concept I know! But whatever, carry on trying way too hard to troll the board despite telling everyone you were going dark. Fuckin loser. ?✌️
I give you credit for that.

Just like I'm sour on Fields until he has better performances, then my opinion will change. People here don't seem to understand you can change your view when the player plays better/worse.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer

But I’ll use the excuse that it’s really hard for a rookie qb to play catch up all game after the packers score 4 tds in the 1st
I've been told that part of Fields game is deep shots and his "average yards in the air" is really good. Being down big early should force him to pass more - gives him a chance to shine.

No one expects him to win the game.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been told that part of Fields game is deep shots and his "average yards in the air" is really good. Being down big early should force him to pass more - gives him a chance to shine.

That’s my pre game excuse and i’m sticking to it!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I heard some people make all kinds of excuses for Dalton, but yeah, whatever the truth is is the truth.

If he sucks on Sunday, then he sucks on Sunday. He’s had good games and bad ones.

Fields, Lawrence and Wilson all have more INTs than TDs and a passer rating in the upper 60s/low 70s. Lance hasn’t looked great when he’s been in either. Mac Jones has looked good, but is he a win-because-of guy?

I’m happy to sit back and watch it play out.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Nagy only throws it 40+ times a game when Dalton’s playing.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of he sucks on Sunday, then he sucks on Sunday.
This.

If he sucks, he sucks. It's a game to game thing. If he plays better, I'll say he played better.

The reason these takes have gotten so outta control is because you're not allowed to say Fields had a bad game without ppl getting emotional and taking it out personally on a poster who simply stated their opinion. (Obviously it's escalated over the weeks, but the genesis is simple.)

msadows

Liked Posts:

He also said that Monty would be a bust and worse than howard.

Its almost like players take time to develop. Who woulda thunk it.

Halftime is trying his hardest to Attention Whore.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to think about Monty. I cannot believe all the hoops we jumped thru to draft him. I think he's an above average receiver, but we only target him 3 or 4 times a game. I think he's a below average runner. Even considering the o-line, a good runner will break a big one eventually. He's only good for like 55 yards per game. To get a 100 yards this guy would almost have to rush 30 times...lol. He isn't better at rushing than the two guys he replaced - he's actually been a downgrade.

I know ppl are going to pile on the o-line, but just like with Mitch there are times when you can evaluate a player independent of the o-line especially with a large sample size.

I pointed out that Monty's 40 times are the same as the guy who he replaced and was told that he was hard to tackle and had more "wiggle." I knew the "wiggle" thing was bullshit, and being hard to tackle is only a plus in the NFL if you're Derrick Henry or The Bus or Craig Heyward - I knew a 215 to 220 guy breaking tackles at Iowa State wasn't going to do the same in the NFL.

I don't care if he eats Beyond Meat if he's good.

Chicagoans are going to love him because no one will have to excuse his play for 3 years like Mitch. Ppl won't be searching for excuses every week.

This you?

I thought you said we wouldn't be searching for excuses. Why are you searching for them?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This.

If he sucks, he sucks. It's a game to game thing. If he plays better, I'll say he played better.

The reason these takes have gotten so outta control is because you're not allowed to say Fields had a bad game without ppl getting emotional and taking it out personally on a poster who simply stated their opinion. (Obviously it's escalated over the weeks, but the genesis is simple.)
Nobody cares what you have to say about what you think about Fields. We only care about what you have to say about what others think about Fields. Don't try to shift from your shtick!