Justin Fields' first throw for the #Bears was the exact same play Andy Dalton had on the previous play: a pre-snap RPO

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know which I'm less surprised about, Nagy calling the same play on back to back downs or that Fields saw the field better than Dalton.
I was hoping this year would be different I don't understand why Nagy is still a head coach. How many chances can this guy get and still mess up?

Joker85

Liked Posts:
I was hoping this year would be different I don't understand why Nagy is still a head coach. How many chances can this guy get and still mess up?

At this point he's tied to the GM. And the GM is tied to the Pres. And the Pres is died to the 100 year old owner who probably doesn't want to blow up the brain trust and hope they are good in 3-4 years.

And that's what it would take, because each rung is responsible for the ineptitude beneath them. Why fire Nagy but keep the dunce that hired him? Why fire Pace and keep the guy that hired him? And his predecessor? Why fire the President and ignore the ownership that enabled him all this time?

The franchise is rotten, hence decade after decade of the same old Bears.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I remember watching these plays live thinking “Did Nagy just call the same exact play”. I wasn’t 100% sure until now. Nagy is an idiot. I hope he keeps proving to be one so there is a higher chance he gets fired at some point.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point he's tied to the GM. And the GM is tied to the Pres. And the Pres is died to the 100 year old owner who probably doesn't want to blow up the brain trust and hope they are good in 3-4 years.

And that's what it would take, because each rung is responsible for the ineptitude beneath them. Why fire Nagy but keep the dunce that hired him? Why fire Pace and keep the guy that hired him? And his predecessor? Why fire the President and ignore the ownership that enabled him all this time?

The franchise is rotten, hence decade after decade of the same old Bears.
Crazy Teddy has been with the president since 1999 and with the Bears since 1984.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense didn't figure it out. Fields completed the pass and set up what should have been a TD. The Pats were famous for running the same play with different personnel. They won a SB against the Rams by running the same play 3 times in a row and scoring their only TD the final time. I swear Bears fans need to educate themselves and stop bitching about everything.

"They're gonna come back to that, I promise you," NFL on CBS analyst Tony Romo said after the play. "They just saw what that looked like."

Romo, as usual, was spot-on. The Pats lined up and ran the exact same play, hitting Burkhead for a quick seven yards to the Rams 31-yard line. The only difference was flipping Burkhead and Develin to different sides of the field.

The usage of the play twice led Romo to opine to Jim Nantz that it could easily be run one more time. The Patriots spotted "a weakness" and they were hellbent on exploiting it.

"Came back with the exact same play, just made it look different, Jim, with motion. Gronk's running a seam, Edelman's in the . middle of the field," Romo explained. "They are going to ride this play. Once they find you have a weakness, it's going to keep coming at you now."

Sure enough, they did just that.

"Same exact play again," Romo noted before the snap. "Edelman over the middle ...?"

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's compare a Super Bowl winning organization, with the greatest QB to ever play the game, and one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game with Matt Nagy and Andy Dalton.

But yeah, some people need to educate themselves. ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's compare a Super Bowl winning organization, with the greatest QB to ever play the game, and one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game with Matt Nagy and Andy Dalton.

This is a stupid response. The fact is the Bears going back to it worked so in this example the comparison is accurate. Both teams ran the same play multiple times and it was successful for both teams. Should I pretend Fields did not complete the pass just because he isn't Tom Brady? Bears fans have reached a new height of stupidity. They are now complaining when a play works.

Bears fans - Why does Nagy go away from what is working?
Bears fans - Why does Nagy stick with a play that worked?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a stupid response. The fact is the Bears going back to it worked so in this example the comparison is accurate. Both teams ran the same play multiple times and it was successful for both teams. Should I pretend Fields did not complete the pass just because he isn't Tom Brady? Bears fans have reached a new height of stupidity. They are now complaining when a play works.

Imagine pretending like a play worked twice when the first time they ran it, it gained exactly 0 yards. And then calling people stupid.

Fields made a better pre-snap read, and made a nice quick pass.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine pretending like a play worked twice when the first time they ran it, it gained exactly 0 yards. And then calling people stupid.

th

Moving goalposts. Here was the original comment.
I don't know which I'm less surprised about, Nagy calling the same play on back to back downs or that Fields saw the field better than Dalton.

This is suggesting it is stupid to call the same play twice in a row. I then show the Pats won a SB running a play 3 times in a row and now the argument changes to.

So now the issue isn't that the play was run two times in a row but apparently you are only allowed to run it two times in a row if you are a SB winning org with the greatest QB ever. To which I point out where are you guys crying when the play was successful as Fields got 9 yards on it.

So now we have gone from you don't run two plays in a row to you don't run two plays in a row unless you are a winning org to you don't run two plays in a row unless both plays were successful.

Next it will be you don't run two plays in a row unless it is a Thanksgiving game but only if it is the Lions and the first game of the day.

Of course, in the real world, it seems obvious Nagy saw something the first time it was run and so he called it again and proved to be right when Fields had a 9 yard completion.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

It’s not what he goes away from it’swho, specifically with the run game. You can come out of the closet Nagy-sexual, this is a safe place

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Another point I failed to mention the first time is that this is actually a great way to develop Fields. Dalton runs a play, Nagy and/or Dalton realize there was something they missed the first go around so Nagy puts Fields in their right after to run it again and learn from whatever insights they got from the previous play.

Not sure how this is a bad thing when again it worked. Fields got 9 yards the 2nd go around.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s not what he goes away from it’swho, specifically with the run game. You can come out of the closet Nagy-sexual, this is a safe place

This has nothing to do with what we are discussing. Nagy is not a good coach. The things you guys are whining about specifically in this thread are stupid.

This would be like if Hitler said the sky was blue and you guys whined that it wasn't then when I point out Hitler is right in this specific instance, you guys respond by crying about how I am a Nazi. It is quite stupid and devoid of logic.

Nagy was right to call the play again given it was successful the 2nd go around. That doesn't make Nagy a good coach. It just makes you guys stupid for crying about something that worked. Now you guys will still fail to understand this distinction.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
th

Moving goalposts. Here was the original comment.

This is suggesting it is stupid to call the same play twice in a row. I then show the Pats won a SB running a play 3 times in a row and now the argument changes to.

So now the issue isn't that the play was run two times in a row but apparently you are only allowed to run it two times in a row if you are a SB winning org with the greatest QB ever. To which I point out where are you guys crying when the play was successful as Fields got 9 yards on it.

So now we have gone from you don't run two plays in a row to you don't run two plays in a row unless you are a winning org to you don't run two plays in a row unless both plays were successful.

Next it will be you don't run two plays in a row unless it is a Thanksgiving game but only if it is the Lions and the first game of the day.

Of course, in the real world, it seems obvious Nagy saw something the first time it was run and so he called it again and proved to be right when Fields had a 9 yard completion.
I just want to let you know that I'm not going to engage in a fucking 20 page Remy autism forum battle. I've seen it too many times, and I'm not interested.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just want to let you know that I'm not going to engage in a fucking 20 page Remy autism forum battle. I've seen it too many times, and I'm not interested.

FYI these are the words of everyone right before they enter the #Vortex

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I don't mind calling the same play back to back. I just wish it happened on running plays that gashed the defense. And then maybe throw in some PA.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn't Kyle Shanahan run the same play an entire drive last year?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another point I failed to mention the first time is that this is actually a great way to develop Fields. Dalton runs a play, Nagy and/or Dalton realize there was something they missed the first go around so Nagy puts Fields in their right after to run it again and learn from whatever insights they got from the previous play.

Not sure how this is a bad thing when again it worked. Fields got 9 yards the 2nd go around.
At this point I think Nagy is shit overall but you're take is as valid as any here. Both can be true. The board is so weird that you can't talk about an individual play or sequence without being a full blown hater or jock sniffer. There's good and bad in every game.