Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My kid has epilepsy and with the medications he takes to attempt to manage it I think it would be impossible for him to play quarterback at a professional level.

He's also blind so I guess that factors in as well.
My kid does have a form. Shouldn't affect Fields much. He's already proven functional.

Reactions: Myk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t care. Has no impact for me.

He may have outgrown it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
My kid has epilepsy and with the medications he takes to attempt to manage it I think it would be impossible for him to play quarterback at a professional level.

He's also blind so I guess that factors in as well.
Don't be so hard on your son.

Your son only sees one less player than Trubisky saw last year on any given play. That's not so much more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It certainly can have an impact on his draft status and on who might give up a lot to trade up for him. Would still rather have Fields than any other QB in the draft besides Lawrence. Several really good QBs have fallen in the draft for a lot less than this.
Can anyone even trust that Pace would draft Fields if he fell to 20?

Hell, can anyone trust that, if the Bears used lots of their current and future draft capital to move up to 4, Pace would even draft the correct Fields?

I could imagine Goodell announcing, "With the 4th pick in the 2021 draft, the Chicago Bears select, Mrs. Fields, chocolate chip cookie maker from your local mall."

Mel Kiper would immediately say, "Mrs. Fields is, not only the #1 cookie maker on my board, but also the #1 snack food maker of the whole draft. This is a bold move by the Bears. I can see Bears fan being on a year long sugar high, not caring too much about lack of a franchise Qb or any draft capital to get one in the future."

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Can anyone even trust that Pace would draft Fields if he fell to 20?

Hell, can anyone trust that, if the Bears used lots of their current and future draft capital to move up to 4, Pace would even draft the correct Fields?

I could imagine Goodell announcing, "With the 4th pick in the 2021 draft, the Chicago Bears select, Mrs. Fields, chocolate chip cookie maker from your local mall."

Mel Kiper would immediately say, "Mrs. Fields is, not only the #1 cookie maker on my board, but also the #1 snack food maker of the whole draft. This is a bold move by the Bears. I can see Bears fan being on a year long sugar high, not caring too much about lack of a franchise Qb or any draft capital to get one in the future."

I would take a cookie

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Don’t care. Has no impact for me.
I don't buy it. Not from you, nor anyone else with a few exceptions.

Paint a scenario where Aaron Donald body slams Fields on his head, he has recurring seizures and has to retire early. You, as well as many others would crucify Pace for drafting Fields despite knowing of this medical condition. It is all too delicious a scenario that I almost want it to happen, just to see the complete 3 Mile Island Meltdown that would take place on this board.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good .....hope he drops to 20. He plays pretty darn well for a guy with epilepsy. Which makes me wonder what "ailment"
our past Qb's have suffering from...
?

They were all dianosed with: "Coachasuckitis" & "Olineabsentus Sackinumbness. "

No way Fields drops that low. NYG, Pats, WFT all before then. Several others who also might trade down for the extra goods.

Did this mild epilepsy just develop since Fields last played? If not, he's already proven to manage without issue. Other teams will know the status more than us even.

Last edited:

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Very unfortunate for Fields. I watched game day pressure end Jerry Kill's coaching days at the University of Minnesota because of his epilepsy. Hopefully for Fields, treatment has improved. But it's hard to imagine a team risking a high draft choice on him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It's very manageable now days. There are people in my family who have the worst form of epilepsy and used to experience grand mal seizures on a weekly basis. Leaving them no choice but to collect S.S.I disability. They haven't had one in years. Allowing them to get off of disability and pursue careers. Looking at Fields case. He had a very mild form of it to begin with. It's a non issue.
Thanks, it is good to hear that from someone that has your perspective.
However, I still have to wonder how an elite athlete could be impacted.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Paint a scenario where Aaron Donald body slams Fields on his head, he has recurring seizures and has to retire early. You, as well as many others would crucify Pace for drafting Fields despite knowing of this medical condition. It is all too delicious a scenario that I almost want it to happen, just to see the complete 3 Mile Island Meltdown that would take place on this board.

put me on record that it would give me pause trading a bounty to move up to get him now knowing his condition. I also would liketo admit I know jack shit about epilepsy and treatments. What I do know is I was all for trading up and getting fields I think he has some crazy ass talent. But we are looking at giving up 3+ quality picks for him and you don’t do that for a player with a caution sticker on him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm somewhat familiar with the disease and form would have something to do with it. Pretty wide ranging but what he has doesn't sound any more susceptible to injury than other players. It's not like we haven't seen him take headshots or play under mental or physical stress. I'd certainly want a list of meds and dosages to better understand the severity and possible side effects including mental but this sounds like it's not a severe condition and that he's likely taking relatively low dose Depakote or something equivalent.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm somewhat familiar with the disease and form would have something to do with it. Pretty wide ranging but what he has doesn't sound any more susceptible to injury than other players. It's not like we haven't seen him take headshots or play under mental or physical stress. I'd certainly want a list of meds and dosages to better understand the severity and possible side effects including mental but this sounds like it's not a severe condition and that he's likely taking relatively low dose Depakote or something equivalent.
As @BEARZOMBIE said above, it means to me that I'm not giving up a lot. I'd be under the assumption that as the picks keep going by, there are going to be more and more bidders to get him. If he falls to #20, then you run to the podium. If he gets past 10, I start making phone calls.

I'm just of the opinion that the first time he misses multiple games in a row, Pace will be crucified here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As @BEARZOMBIE said above, it means to me that I'm not giving up a lot. I'd be under the assumption that as the picks keep going by, there are going to be more and more bidders to get him. If he falls to #20, then you run to the podium. If he gets past 10, I start making phone calls.

I'm just of the opinion that the first time he misses multiple games in a row, Pace will be crucified here.
I agree with your draft day take but I highly doubt he ever misses games due to that particular revelation.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

? I would crucify pace for it. My opinion is that as a poster and all I know about a player is articles and watching them play. Pace has ex intelligence officers and world class medical teams and a whole scouting team to help make decisions with players. But I’m 100% with you we got to put a pause on trading 3 firsts for fields with this report. I would still throw a first rounder for him and even a trade up involving 2/3 round picks. But I can’t go all in anymore for him this is too much of a red flag for me

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
? I would crucify pace for it. My opinion is that as a poster and all I know about a player is articles and watching them play. Pace has ex intelligence officers and world class medical teams and a whole scouting team to help make decisions with players. But I’m 100% with you we got to put a pause on trading 3 firsts for fields with this report. I would still throw a first rounder for him and even a trade up involving 2/3 round picks. But I can’t go all in anymore for him this is too much of a red flag for me
Let's be honest: after the Kevin White fiasco, and unless Fields falls to #20 and he doesn't have to give anything up, there's no way Pace is picking a guy with a medical issue.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest: after the Kevin White fiasco, and unless Fields falls to #20 and he doesn't have to give anything up, there's no way Pace is picking a guy with a medical issue.
There were not even any red flags with White, but you are right, that pick will haunt Pace, and if he was to mortgage the future when there is at least a yellow flag waving in his face and it failed.....