Justin Fields Improvement/Not?

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
Missed the game, but the highlights look good for Justin. For those that saw the game, would you say he is improving?

I think he looks good, and would look even better with:

1. Fixing the o-line
2. Getting a #1 receiver
3. Getting a real NFL offensive scheme / dump coaches

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Definitely improving. The kid has the ability to be ELITE if the team improves around him.

1. He should have had 2 TD’s passing
— Cole “The Statue” Kmet did not get his body around for what should have been TD number 2 — it was the perfect back shoulder throw — except with Kmet there is no back shoulder.

2. The INT was in garbage time and was off of Mooney’s hands so I really don’t count it,

3. He had over 100 yards rushing,

4. He had a very good completion %

5. Most importantly —- the kid played with TREMENDOUS heart!! The guy has the heart of a winner!!

—- Was he perfect?? No… but I loved what I saw today and think he is making very good strides to be a very good/to even ‘possibly’ great, NFL QB one day in the not too distant future.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
Missed the game, but the highlights look good for Justin. For those that saw the game, would you say he is improving?

I think he looks good, and would look even better with:

1. Fixing the o-line
2. Getting a #1 receiver
3. Getting a real NFL offensive scheme / dump coaches
I think he is slowly improving, and that you have summed it up nicely. I would change the order though, going 1, 3, then 2. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season behind this O-line, I think he will be good for the team for many years.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Yes he is definitely improving. He went from historically bad to below average.

Does your username - TheBrotherHood - stand for the Knights of the KKK by chance?? That is what the KKK has been referred to in the past. Just sayin.

This question is also raised because you have a disproportionate, illogical and almost fanatical hatred for a 22 year old young man who has done absolutely nothing to you personally. Your hatred of this kid is just plain weird.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think my biggest takeaway is that he appeared to be playing with some confidence finally. He was decisive on where to throw the ball and when it wasn't there he committed to the run. Dude always slides so awkwardly though

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does your username - TheBrotherHood - stand for the Knights of the KKK by chance?? That is what the KKK has been referred to in the past. Just sayin.

This question is also raised because you have a disproportionate, illogical and almost fanatical hatred for a 22 year old young man who has done absolutely nothing to you personally. Your hatred of this kid is just plain weird.

Well, and the fact that this fucker just came out of the woodwork today and started a posting spree.

If that bitch isn't a troll just straight up fucking with people then I don't know what.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's really hard to say how much he did or did not improve within this offense. Yes, he had a high completion % but this offense went back to running hitch and curl routes again, which just isn't gonna put many points on the board. And those are easier passes to complete usually.

Fields can play great backyard ball because of his athleticism, but there isn't much learning opportunity currently in this offense for timing routes and pushing the ball vertically (the harder throws)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Anybody who doesn’t look at Sunday as a definite step in the right direction is trolling. Justin’s most important development this season is his mental toughness. He has the talent to be great, the only question was could he survive and overcome this season, and he has so far.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If he's trending towards being elite down the road, I don't think he needs a #1 receiver, proper scheme makes up for that.

But O-line help, yes please.

SpeedRacer

Liked Posts:
You guys are always going to think Fields needs a better o line, better wrs, and a better coach as long as he is starting because Fields is gonna make all 3 parties look like shit.
Uh ...

Wat8.jpg

bufordht

Liked Posts:
You guys are always going to think Fields needs a better o line, better wrs, and a better coach as long as he is starting because Fields is gonna make all 3 parties look like shit.

So you're saying he doesn't need a better OL, WRs and coach?

I'm just trying to figure out what your stance is but you won't answer my questions.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:

The KKK doesn't allow black people in it.

The BrotherHood

Liked Posts:
So you're saying he doesn't need a better OL, WRs and coach?

I'm just trying to figure out what your stance is but you won't answer my questions.
Every team can use an upgrade in any area. Im saying that the OL, WR, and coach isn't the reason he looks bad so far.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think a good coach/offensive scheme is even more important than OL. A good coach can scheme around his talent to maximize production. I also don't think you need great (read a true #1) WRs, though both things would certainly help. Bengals still have a pretty bad OL and are a great offense. The Chargers don't have a great OL or a true elite WR (if you consider Allen elite, then so is ARob). It can be done, especially if the QB is legit.