Justin fields, "It hurts more in the locker room than for Bears fans... They aren't putting in any work." lmaoo

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I won’t hold it against him—All I want is for the Bears to win.

But this is an incredibly idiotic thing for a professional athlete, who’s the team captain, to say.

Endear yourself to the fanbase, and you’ll go far. You don’t want to go picking fights with the fans—That never ends well.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
You keep defending millionaires who play a game for a living.

I'm sure they give a shit about you just like Justin said he does.
and you seem to believe that at a certain income level your opinion stops mattering

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Surprised it took this long for this to hit CCS. I expected pitchforks to head towards Halas Hall immediately after this.

He's right though. Great first post in 6 years OP!

So true! Fans that get upset about wins and losses are idiots. The players are the only ones putting in work and getting paid for it. For the rest of us, it's entertainment.

If you are mad at Fields, you are an idiot!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I literally don't care. I'm not even defending him. I just think it's funny how upset the meatballs are over a true statement he made
I will admit that I didn’t realize the video was edited and that’s not cool.

just bc a statement is true doesn’t make it a great idea to make it. But it was a loaded question too.

He also just looks so pissed to be there answering questions. He should be a little better than that especially given he threw for 48 yards.

How would he handle a question lik:
So, Justin you threw for 48 yards, how did that affect your teams chances of winning!

Or

You only threw for 48 yards, what makes you think that even if you made it across the goal line through that giant hole you missed that you would have been able to lead them to a tying score?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Never said I put in more work but for him to mention it is ignorant and doesn’t make him look good!

If I had a poor day at work and was asked by my employer about having a bad day by starting with “I put in more work than you do at my job “ they would obviously not be happy about that!

Just say how you feel about the loss- it sucks bc we worked hard and got our asses kicked.

The look on his face says it all too!

Well maybe hes pissed at the insinuation that somehow it should hurt because of the fans

Fuck the fans it hurts because Ive been busted my ass for months and wanted to win this game and I didn't play well as I wanted .

Again the second biggest issue in fandom is that the believe that these players only play the game because of fans .

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Top two tweets under the main video in the OP ...

Which of you on here is this?

Top tier trolling or genuine, legit views about how people feel slighted as a fan ...

WITAF ....

Barstool got what they wanted from an edited vid. for sure.
I don’t feel slighted but I think Fields looks stupid and ungrateful saying this and I’m sure his coach and pr rep will tell him this.

It’s just a stupid thing to say and there are many people who will feel slighted.

I also think the question was stupid as he’s obviously goading him by asking it

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I will admit that I didn’t realize the video was edited and that’s not cool.

just bc a statement is true doesn’t make it a great idea to make it. But it was a loaded question too.

He also just looks so pissed to be there answering questions. He should be a little better than that especially given he threw for 48 yards.

How would he handle a question lik:
So, Justin you threw for 48 yards, how did that affect your teams chances of winning!

Or

You only threw for 48 yards, what makes you think that even if you made it across the goal line through that giant hole you missed that you would have been able to lead them to a tying score?
So you are mad that he's mad he played poorly? Are you the same guy that was made kyler Gordon smiles too much?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well there goes the support of the fans.. People work their asses off to afford to go and watch them play so that was a pretty stupid thing to say

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I don’t feel slighted but I think Fields looks stupid and ungrateful saying this and I’m sure his coach and pr rep will tell him this.

It’s just a stupid thing to say and there are many people who will feel slighted.

I also think the question was stupid as he’s obviously goading him by asking it
Sure, what if that answer has been cropped and framed and then pitched out of context. Do you still feel the same way?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Well, he’s correct that we don’t put any work, just money and time.

But it hurt us more, it’s not our job and we are not getting paid ridiculous amount for it.

Why care so much that it hurts?

If spending the money on being a fan puts you in a financial hardship, maybe some of you shouldn't spend the money? Or does that make too much sense?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
You've definitely been kicked out of a youth sports event as an adult.
Nope, bc I know how to act, I know how to answer stupid questions. I also cannot have children so I don’t go to them.

But your comment is funny to be honest

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
He’s not criticizing or crying about the fans. Just trying to get through to some to make the point that he and other players care about the results.

Unfortunately some fans are such dicks they honestly believe they’re more invested than players

True story.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Sure, what if that answer has been cropped and framed and then pitched out of context. Do you still feel the same way?

I wouldn’t have answered it the way he did. You can see how many would be pissed or disrespected by saying what he did.

So you never cared for Payton's attitude?

I was young when he played so I don’t remember what he said during interviews.

But if he said this statement then I would also disagree with it regardless of who said it!

Jordan gave a stupid answer or two.

We all make mistakes and Fields is young.

Do you think he gave a good answer to that question?? I think he comes off as arrogant and entitled by saying it.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
So you are mad that he's mad he played poorly? Are you the same guy that was made kyler Gordon smiles too much?
I’m not mad number one.

Nor did he say he was mad because he lost.

Im sure he is mad! Id be mad at myself too if I threw for 48 yards but I’d handle myself better in that situation than he did but I’m older. I wouldn’t have handled myself well at his age for sure, I didn’t know how to lose at that age too.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I wouldn’t have answered it the way he did. You can see how many would be pissed or disrespected by saying what he did.
I would. He just looked shite in a primetime game against the 'hated' rival Packers, as a player that probably gets tiresome.

I'm bored of PR controlled bullshit that comes from football players when they are asked questions that they give answers too and then that answer gets twisted to create drama for window lickers to start crying about how hard it is as a fan to follow a sports team.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Why care so much that it hurts?

If spending the money on being a fan puts you in a financial hardship, maybe some of you shouldn't spend the money? Or does that make too much sense?
If losing doesn’t hurt, then you’re not a fan of a team. It hurts me less and less each year, that’s for sure. And it has nothin to do with money.

Who said anything about spending any amount of money? ANd that it was too much? Personally I dont spend anything on the Bears right now. I don’t even pay for NFL Sunday ticket or Gamepass anymore. I do spend time watching them.