Justin Fields meets with the media

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m done listening…..I’m ready to see him play against first string nfl football players.
Like Aaron fucking Donald and the rams defense, woooo!!!!

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Love that he’s talking to our DBs asking them about their assignments on a particular play.
Uh, how about the fact that APPARENTLY he and TheRedRyfler are apparently now best buds, having dinner with families and whatnot??? You know that he isn't going to want to hurt his besty's feelings and take his JOB!! This is the most important development of the offseasonzz.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference I see now versus when he first started giving interviews as a Bear is you can tell that he now feels truly home (home in the city, home with his new teammates, home with the Bears) and that he is happy. You can sense that when he talks.

Also you can tell that he also feels that he has “got this” sort of speak. He has that confidence. You can see that he feels that he is not in over his head - something I sensed many times with Trubs - that he was in over his head. But with Justin you can see that he feels the QB position and its immense responsibilities are not too big for him.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I don’t know what it is but there is something to this kid. I know in the past we have had the worse QBs but I just don’t see this kid failing

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference I see now versus when he first started giving interviews as a Bear is you can tell that he now feels truly home (home in the city, home with his new teammates, home with the Bears) and that he is happy. You can sense that when he talks.

Also you can tell that he also feels that he has “got this” sort of speak. He has that confidence. You can see that he feels that he is not in over his head - something I sensed many times with Trubs - that he was in over his head. But with Justin you can see that he feels the QB position and its immense responsibilities are not too big for him.
I think how they were both brought into Chicago also had a lot to do with it. Mitch was booed in his first appearance, Justin was cheered.
I still remember the first Score interview was Bernstein with Mitch, and when asked who his fav Basketball player of all time was, he said Lebron, Bernstein basically made him feel like an idiot. Someone else had to explain to him that Mitch is not from the Jordan era.
On the flip side, you had Parkins telling Fields he would've sold his dog to draft him.

Mitch was never wanted by this fanbase, Fields at least has a nice crowd...for now.

First impressions matter imo.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I think how they were both brought into Chicago also had a lot to do with it. Mitch was booed in his first appearance, Justin was cheered.
I still remember the first Score interview was Bernstein with Mitch, and when asked who his fav Basketball player of all time was, he said Lebron, Bernstein basically made him feel like an idiot. Someone else had to explain to him that Mitch is not from the Jordan era.
On the flip side, you had Parkins telling Fields he would've sold his dog to draft him.

Mitch was never wanted by this fanbase, Fields at least has a nice crowd...for now.

This is a valid point. Bears fans are not an easy bunch to please and, in general, Bear fans can be a fairly knowledgeable bunch.... especially about “big time“ college players and Big Ten football in particular. Fields came in as a “known“ commodity — that helps tremendously. We pretty much know what he can do. We watched him play in college.

With Trubs, Pace did him no favors by drafting him over Watson. Watson was the “known guy” who we had seen almost singlehandedly win the National Championship against an Alabama team previously thought unbeatable. Trubs was not favored from the beginning because of this very reason.

But then came the kiss of death —- he was thin skinned. That was the killer for him. Chicagoans and Bear fans do not respect the weak - particularly when it comes to highly paid people and athletes. If Trubs was able to shake off the rocky welcome and perform on the field, he would have been embraced and even loved by the fan base. But that never happened.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:

Comes down to how he performs vs Packers with or without Rodgers cause the Packer defenses have absolutely owned both Jay Cutler and Mitch. These 2 clowns saved all their worst games for GB.

If Fields does his thang vs GB, Bear fans will know they got the right guy.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I still remember the first Score interview was Bernstein with Mitch, and when asked who his fav Basketball player of all time was, he said Lebron, Bernstein basically made him feel like an idiot.
Im calling BS on this. Bernstein would not make him feel stupid because LeBron is his favorite player. For one, Bernstein doesn't make people feel dumb because he doesn't agree about their favorite player. Secondly, he's been unapologetically a LeBron nut hugger for over a decade.

What a weird thing to lie about.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Im calling BS on this. Bernstein would not make him feel stupid because LeBron is his favorite player. For one, Bernstein doesn't make people feel dumb because he doesn't agree about their favorite player. Secondly, he's been unapologetically a LeBron nut hugger for over a decade.

What a weird thing to lie about.

Oh wow. I thought he was using real facts. But if not, yeah, that is a weird thing to lie about.