Justin Fields under pressure

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
They all suck ass. Except the new kicker, but he's not even a real bear.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Yeah.. Fields hasn't been good. But this OL is TERRIBLE.

I agree.

Somehow, however, I think some quarterbacks might have actually overcome shoddy oline play and found a way to win regardless.

That's not most quarterbacks, however, and it certainly not Justin Fields in his sophomore season.

Hopefully, that day will come, but it is not a given.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Mustipher was absolutely terrible yesterday. Patrick was bad when forced to take over for Whitehair. The rest of the line was fine, a few plays where the tackles ran their guys wide but Fields had pressure up the middle so he couldn't step up. Whitehair was a big loss.

Also a handful of plays Fields bailed on a clean pocket. And he needs to see the blitz better and audible to a hot route.

Everyone likes to pick one thing and say that is the only reason the passing game sucks but there are lots of issues. Fields, inconsistent line play, receivers. When a passing offense is this bad it's never one thing.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mustipher was absolutely terrible yesterday. Patrick was bad when forced to take over for Whitehair. The rest of the line was fine, a few plays where the tackles ran their guys wide but Fields had pressure up the middle so he couldn't step up. Whitehair was a big loss.

Also a handful of plays Fields bailed on a clean pocket. And he needs to see the blitz better and audible to a hot route.

Everyone likes to pick one thing and say that is the only reason the passing game sucks but there are lots of issues. Fields, inconsistent line play, receivers. When a passing offense is this bad it's never one thing.

I wouldn't say they were fine - Mustipher was getting blown up so often, that the tackles didn't even have much time to suck.

yay?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s the O-lines fault because Ned F. from ChiCitySports.com wrote the article…LoL

Pure comedy Gold ?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He is. He can face quick pressure on one play and miss an open receiver on another play.

How many did he miss against the Giants? I ask because it seems that even the best quarterbacks miss 1-2 layups per game. I feel like he could be seeing ghosts out there or missing open receivers sometimes because he has no faith in his protection to hold up or for his receivers to win. Being rushed up the middle while learning to play with different foot work and timing than he's ever used seems like a recipe for disaster at first.

Also, I honestly believe this game could have been a lot better for the QB if Pettis hangs on to that ball and keeps the drive alive and if Velus holds on to the punt. That's 2 opportunities that could have easily resulted in points and not the qbs fault at all,.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
They did. They signed Patrick. Musty is a backup not the starter. He is playing due to injury.
I meant an upgrade to backup center. Mustipher had already shown he’s not even good enough for that role

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does Mustyass have a fucking job. Dude sucks and should be on a roster...period

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Failure at presnap is on field’s
Where did u come up with this bs theory? Yes Fields can call things out as well, but.........

The center is sometimes referred to as the leader of the offensive line. This is because they are responsible for making any blocking adjustments and pointing out rushers along with the quarterback. If a center sees an adjustment that needs to be made, they will alert the quarterback and other linemen.

Acting like Mustipher is suppose to sit there and do nothing, unless he is told by Fields, is a joke.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I meant an upgrade to backup center. Mustipher had already shown he’s not even good enough for that role

What starter quality backup C are you saying was available and at what cost?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
What starter quality backup C are you saying was available and at what cost?
Now show me where I said they should sign a “starter quality backup C”.

Mustipher had already shown for two seasons that he’s not an NFL caliber player. It was clear they should’ve upgraded.