Justin Fields Vs. Trey Lance

napo55

Liked Posts:
Two first round, second year QBs who will compete in the season opener. Today, Lance was 9 of 13 with one dropped pass and two missed deep balls.
He's throwing to Deebo Samuel. George Kittle, and Brandon Aiyuk-- with a better O line.

Fields has one good receiver and a bunch of players other teams let go. The O line is questionable--- to say the least. (Ranked near the bottom by most.)
So will fans blame Fields if the 49ers blow out ther Bears in the opener? Or will management take the blame for not prioritizing quality receivers and O linemen in free agency and the draft?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Two first round, second year QBs who will compete in the season opener. Today, Lance was 9 of 13 with one dropped pass and two missed deep balls.
He's throwing to Deebo Samuel. George Kittle, and Brandon Aiyuk-- with a better O line.

Fields has one good receiver and a bunch of players other teams let go. The O line is questionable--- to say the least. (Ranked near the bottom by most.)
So will fans blame Fields if the 49ers blow out ther Bears in the opener? Or will management take the blame for not prioritizing quality receivers and O linemen in free agency and the draft?
Blame? Let's watch the game before we decide some meatball stuff like that.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Both are on the express train to Bust Town but at least the Bears only gave up two first round picks for their shitty quarterback instead of three. On the other hand the Niners have had a shit quarterback for years now and have made it to one Super Bowl and another NFC Championship Game anyways.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Let's pray Fields doesn't get out-played by a guy who threw in like 3 games last year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Never really saw "it" with trey lance:

msadows

Liked Posts:
One guy in the great situation category.

The other in the "i'm so sorry Justin Fields" category.

Way I see it is that Lance is an athlete playing QB, while fields is a QB who is an athlete.

Lance was all over the fields as far as his accuracy. No idea what Shanny saw to make him prefer that guy over fields

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Thawing out the copes for when Justin Fields has a two fumble, two interception game week one. Matt Nagy, the excuse that keeps on excusing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It's been a underwhelming offseason and i don't really think Poles cares about it because he's sticking to his rebuild through the draft plan.

Lance has a play caller that's one of the best in football and actual talent on that offense.

Fields has a bunch of coaches who are doing their jobs for the first time and not much talent around him.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Fields looked pretty good vs the Niners last year, no? With a shitty line and no great WR weapons minus Mooney either.

It was the D that couldn't get a damn stop is why they lost that game.

Also, the line is ranked low by all those people without having seen a single snap. Once again, just another forum user bitching cause Poles didn't sign the BIG NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or will management take the blame for not prioritizing quality receivers and O linemen in free agency and the draft?
Looking back, who didn’t they pursue that you think they should handed a bag of cash?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
From what I've seen of Lance its hard for me to imagine him being consistently accurate enough to be successful in the NFL. I think Shanahan will do as good of a job of putting him in positions to succeed and make life as easy as possible.

But, I need to see Lance actually operate an offense and methodically work his way down the field. I dont see him as an efficient 3rd down QB. Moreso of someone who wants to throw it deep and has to make splash plays in order to have his stats average out decently. When the field is condensed and he needs to thread the needle while standing strong in the pocket....well I dont see it happening much..

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Thawing out the copes for when Justin Fields has a two fumble, two interception game week one. Matt Nagy, the excuse that keeps on excusing.
If he struggles next year the excuse will be it takes time to learn the new system...ignoring the fact that rookies have stepped into NFL systems and ran with immediately in recent years.