Justin Fields will have his 16th start against the Giants

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Over the last three decades, the list of quarterbacks who had a sub-70.0 rating through 15 games is scary — only sparsely decorated with players turning that around to achieve long-term success. It includes many more dreadful draft picks (David Carr, Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington) than it does resurgent mainstays (Donovan McNabb, Alex Smith). The Bears’ 1999 first-round pick, Cade McNown, is on that list. Through his first 15 games, he was at 67.7.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So he is approaching the end of a rookie season.....

I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that he does not have a lot of game experience.
The reality is there are a lot of very good QBs that struggled in the first year, two come to mind are Allen and Hurts both struggled in the first TWO years.

I will be patient until, I'm not. Right now I'm still patient, and will likely hang on too long like I did with Cutler and Trubisky.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So he is approaching the end of a rookie season.....

I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that he does not have a lot of game experience.
The reality is there are a lot of very good QBs that struggled in the first year, two come to mind are Allen and Hurts both struggled in the first TWO years.

I will be patient until, I'm not. Right now I'm still patient, and will likely hang on too long like I did with Cutler and Trubisky.

I can't fault you for that but some posters on here get angry for critiquing Fields on here and I can't for the life of me find out why but I do love fucking with them.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I can't fault you for that but some posters on here get angry for critiquing Fields on here and I can't for the life of me find out why but I do love fucking with them.
People don't get upset over critiques of Fields. Everyone with two eyes knows that he needs work.

They get annoyed by you because you are annoying, plain and simple.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People don't get upset over critiques of Fields. Everyone with two eyes knows that he needs work.

It's both some posters dislike if you post anything negative whether it's true or not.

I understand I've been trolling a little too much these past couple months. It's hilarious to me but it brings the quality of threads down.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

It happens when people think they’re 100% correct on something but logical arguments, proof, and assessments poke holes or doubts on that belief. Happens all the time, mainly with religion and politics. When you have such a deep rooted investment and belief in something and it gets questioned or attacked, people internalize it as a personal attack on them. It’s a defense mechanism.

It’s all ignorant and based in insecurities. It’s especially sad when it’s caused by sports, though. It’s not that serious.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Guys who struggle their first year at least should have continuity with coaching staff the following season. That has been not the case for both Trubisky and Fields. Just more evidence of how poorly managed the Bears are as a franchise. Setting themselves up for failure is what they do best.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

I’ve seen countless people get physically and emotionally upset over critiques of Fields when Aesopian is not involved whatsoever and the critiques are perfectly valid and reasonable. This explanation does not hold water

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Peyton Manning had a 71, Josh Allen 67. Lots of starters were in the mid 70s at this point of their career.
Yes, Justin is under 70 with a 69.9 rating after coming off the worst rating of his career but he actually only has 13 starts and another game with only 2 attempts. by the time he reaches 15 starts he'll be over 70 again. Doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things either way but it's obvious that we'd all like to see better play and some indication of a better future pretty soon.

Bunch of windmill chasing in this thread complaining about Fields defenders while none of that is happening here.

I strongly object to the nonexistent unreasonable objections to my opinion. LOL

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Guys who struggle their first year at least should have continuity with coaching staff the following season. That has been not the case for both Trubisky and Fields. Just more evidence of how poorly managed the Bears are as a franchise. Setting themselves up for failure is what they do best.
Trubisky would have been better if Fox stuck around?

Fields would be better this year if Nagy was still here?

?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Peyton Manning had a 71, Josh Allen 67. Lots of starters were in the mid 70s at this point of their career.
Yes, Justin is under 70 with a 69.9 rating after coming off the worst rating of his career but he actually only has 13 starts and another game with only 2 attempts. by the time he reaches 15 starts he'll be over 70 again. Doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things either way but it's obvious that we'd all like to see better play and some indication of a better future pretty soon.

Bunch of windmill chasing in this thread complaining about Fields defenders while none of that is happening here.

I strongly object to the nonexistent unreasonable objections to my opinion. LOL

Bust

Liked Posts:
just pointing out that he does not have a lot of game experience.

say wut? he was touted as the anti-mitch. played lots of meaningful college games in front of large crowds. no one expected justin to tank so poorly.

he at 51pct passing completion even. that's horrific pass accuracy. real bad. baddy bad bad. baddy bad bad baddy bad.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are people insinuating he is somehow a rookie?
He was in 12 games last season with 10 starts. He has been through 2 full training camps-

I know people are trying to cope with this but - He is at the point where he needs to play better.

Stellar running game, O-Line is better than advertised, and I think the coaching is good- at least people are open for a change.

He is the QB for the Bears this season and he needs to step up his play -

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
He had 45 attempts the last 3 weeks.. So thats like 1 game instead of 3 right?

Also he was above a 70 with a competent and proven coach of the year type aka nagy

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
say wut? he was touted as the anti-mitch. played lots of meaningful college games in front of large crowds. no one expected justin to tank so poorly.

he at 51pct passing completion even. that's horrific pass accuracy. real bad. baddy bad bad. baddy bad bad baddy bad.
He lacked college reps even though he played in some big games. Thing is, Mitch had fewer and at this point in year 2, had a well over 100 rating.

He needs to ball, take those easy throws to find some rhythm and step it up. It would be just as silly to give up on him at this point as it is to think all his issues are due to associations.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He had 45 attempts the last 3 weeks.. So thats like 1 game instead of 3 right?

Also he was above a 70 with a competent and proven coach of the year type aka nagy

speaking of nagy, he has to be loving this, hah

Enasic

Liked Posts:
speaking of nagy, he has to be loving this, hah
Nagy even after he left said that Fields is the guy and will be great. Not sure if he really believed that though