Justin Fields will have his 16th start against the Giants

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
He lacked college reps even though he played in some big games. Thing is, Mitch had fewer and at this point in year 2, had a well over 100 rating.

He needs to ball, take those easy throws to find some rhythm and step it up. It would be just as silly to give up on him at this point as it is to think all his issues are due to associations.

Mitch knew he couldnt throw it deep.. he had to take the easy throw. skewed rating..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
speaking of nagy, he has to be loving this, hah
Why? The Asst. QB Coach's hand selected guy is failing and Bears are 2-1.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’ve seen countless people get physically and emotionally upset over critiques of Fields when Aesopian is not involved whatsoever and the critiques are perfectly valid and reasonable. This explanation does not hold water
Let them count as those who dont have two eyes, because they are clearly not seeing the whole picture.

My point that Aesop is an annoying troll is valid and reasonable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch knew he couldnt throw it deep.. he had to take the easy throw. skewed rating..
He averaged 7.7yards per throw 3 games into 2018. Doesn't much matter how you get there but he had about 2 deeo completions per game.
Of course, the next game had a 33 rating, LOL.:rolleyes:

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
JUSTIN IS GOING TO LITE THE G MEN UP TOMORROW!!!! 500+ YARDS AND 7 TDS ALL TO COLE KMET!!!! HATERS WILL BE FURIOUS

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nagy even after he left said that Fields is the guy and will be great. Not sure if he really believed that though
It sounded like he took the high road with his comments. I think he would have said that no matter what he thought.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People don't get upset over critiques of Fields. Everyone with two eyes knows that he needs work.

They get annoyed by you because you are annoying, plain and simple.

Now this is a flat out lie.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy even after he left said that Fields is the guy and will be great. Not sure if he really believed that though
Lol wow. Because Nagy the qb whisperer proved that he could insert any quarterback in his system? JF aside Nagy was terrible.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Nagy took lots of parting shots with his playcalling etc. Little did bear fans know . . .

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
...but his athleticism alone.

?
Can you name one quarterback who was in a similar situation and succeeded? The closest comp is josh Allen., I compare his 2018 to where fields is now. I gave Mitch around 25 games before I made a final decision on him, there’s nothing wrong with not being out on a player immediately if they’re struggling.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you name one quarterback who was in a similar situation and succeeded? The closest comp is josh Allen., I compare his 2018 to where fields is now. I gave Mitch around 25 games before I made a final decision on him, there’s nothing wrong with not being out on a player immediately if they’re struggling.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm not going to antagonize fans for hoping Fields gets better. I took a ton of shit last year for my views, and I'm not out for revenge or anything. And I hope Fields gets better too.

...but there are a couple of guys who got it coming. (Not you)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm not going to antagonize fans for hoping Fields gets better. I took a ton of shit last year for my views, and I'm not out for revenge or anything. And I hope Fields gets better too.

...but there are a couple of guys who got it coming. (Not you)
Ccs needs to file a restraining order against you

Canth

Liked Posts:
The title alone tells me I should probably ignore the thread when they don’t even know how many starts Fields has had. Fields only started 10 games last year and did not finish one of those due to injury. He has 3 starts this year. So, he will only be getting his 14th start on Sunday.

People like to point out he played in 12 games and forget one of those games was the season opener where they played him a total of 5 snaps in defined red zone packages. Two other games he only played about half the snaps.

So, in 2021, he really only played a complete game 9 times. And he had about 1 games worth of snaps spread across 3 other games.

All that to say, he is still young and relatively inexperienced at the NFL level. Hopefully he starts figuring it out soon.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The title alone tells me I should probably ignore the thread when they don’t even know how many starts Fields has had. Fields only started 10 games last year and did not finish one of those due to injury. He has 3 starts this year. So, he will only be getting his 14th start on Sunday.

People like to point out he played in 12 games and forget one of those games was the season opener where they played him a total of 5 snaps in defined red zone packages. Two other games he only played about half the snaps.

So, in 2021, he really only played a complete game 9 times. And he had about 1 games worth of snaps spread across 3 other games.

All that to say, he is still young and relatively inexperienced at the NFL level. Hopefully he starts figuring it out soon.

understood.

most red flags are that it appears fields is getting worse and not better from week to week. #panic

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Justin Lion Heart Fields will slay the giants this Sunday!

? ❤️

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
say wut? he was touted as the anti-mitch. played lots of meaningful college games in front of large crowds. no one expected justin to tank so poorly.

he at 51pct passing completion even. that's horrific pass accuracy. real bad. baddy bad bad. baddy bad bad baddy bad.
Yeah hard to argue with that...but like I said, I will likely hold out hope too long...

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I’ve seen countless people get physically and emotionally upset over critiques of Fields when Aesopian is not involved whatsoever and the critiques are perfectly valid and reasonable. This explanation does not hold water
I get vocal when people are not educated enuff to understand football and a rebuild. Just bcuz in the past they have used the term rebuild to rationalize sending our draft picks to other teams doesn't make it so. We were never a player away from a playoff run even though we acted like it. This is a true rebuild basically a evaluation year and to see who's staying improving and going next year. Justin needs to improve too ? percent but some on here are play to play fans. With the he sucks and trade him crap. Even though they sucked on Trubisky for three years. Football is a game of continuity and team work. Some of these guys have three professional games ALL have three games together under this coaching staff. Pump the brakes we were never even supposed to be here. What talent we have couldn't field a basketball team right now let's see how it ends.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I’m just waiting.
By the end of his rookie contract if he’s elite that’ll be awesome.
If not, let’s hope we have the #1 pick and draft Arch Manning.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m just waiting.
By the end of his rookie contract if he’s elite that’ll be awesome.
If not, let’s hope we have the #1 pick and draft Arch Manning.
I don’t give him that long. We should have a good idea towards the end of the season if not sooner.