Justin Houston Tagged

Newblood

Liked Posts:
"@AdamSchefter: Game of tag is underway: Chiefs officially placed their franchise tag on LB Justin Houston, per team source."

Most saw this coming. But now it is done.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yay?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Total shocker. Can we still sign him though? What happened to all the threads that KC will never afford Him?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Damn. Oh well, one less vet minimum pick up I guess.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter retweeted
The System ‏@tealtalk 25m25 minutes ago
RT“@ttwentyman: The #Lions will not place the franchise tag on DT Ndamukong Suh.”

Not sure that the Lions have officially said anything. But take that for what it's worth at the time being.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
that was a no brainer....I would seriously doubt the KC staff if they let a 22 sack guy hit the FA market

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
ojo8p3.jpg

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Good, another cash cow that we're in no position to spend on. We're not 1 piece away on D.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'd like to thank the has been receiver and never was QB for gobbling up the most of our cap room to make free agency an exercise in pointless hope.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'd like to thank the has been receiver and never was QB for gobbling up the most of our cap room to make free agency an exercise in pointless hope.

That money would/should be spent on a QB and a #1 WR anyway. If you want to argue that the ones we have on the roster are not worth that money, great, but that is irrelevant here. So even if we had the greatest QB and #1 WR in the history of football, that money would still be spent.

Or do you think the elite QBs and WRs are cheaper than the sub-elites ones?

Svic

Liked Posts:
Total shocker. Can we still sign him though? What happened to all the threads that KC will never afford Him?
KC can't. Pretty sure thy have to cut a bunch of guys to open up cap space.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was reading on profootballtalk that they've signed him to the non exclusive tag, which means other teams can still sign him away at a cost of 2 first round picks.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I was reading on profootballtalk that they've signed him to the non exclusive tag, which means other teams can still sign him away at a cost of 2 first round picks.

If the Bears had a QB in place and were in more of a position to win the 2 first round picks for the best OLB in the game would be up for debate. At this point however we need all the picks we can get IMO. If anyone would tempt me however it would be the 26 year old OLB coming off a 22 sack season.