Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
K.C. Johnson did his first mailbag with NBC Sports Chicago. Was asked some questions. Here's one on Thad Young:

How do you see the Bulls utilizing Thad Young? How many minutes, which center would you pair him with and do you think they’ll ask him to add range to his shooting game. – Ben E.

Of the many positive aspects to this free-agent signing, Young’s plug-and-play status has to be near the top of the list. He can start. He can play off the bench. He can play with a traditional big man or a pick-and-pop big man. He can play with Wendell Carter Jr. or Lauri Markkanen or Luke Kornet. He’s versatile and low maintenance. In 81 games last season for the Pacers---all starts---Young hit his career average of 30.7 minutes on the mark. Somewhere around there is a safe guess for his playing time this season.

And Young only has attempted more than 2.2 3-pointers per game once in his 12 seasons. That was when he launched 3.7 per game for the woeful 2013-14 76ers. He shot 30.8 percent from 3-point range that season, shy of his career mark of 32.9 percent. Crafty post play with some midrange jumpers is his main game. He’ll do plenty for the Bulls without needing to shoot 3-pointers.

Full article here: https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...guy-insider-kc-johnson-answers-your-questions

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I like Thad a lot, have for a while. Wish KC could figure out why he signed with the Bulls. He should be ring-chasing.