K.Whyte the real sleeper?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's got some serious speed. It will be interesting to see how Nagy incorporates him into the offense. If he can find a way to effectively use Cohen/Whyte at the same time, that's going to cause a lot of issues for defenses. Hope he gets the chance to return some kicks as well.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He's got some serious speed. It will be interesting to see how Nagy incorporates him into the offense. If he can find a way to effectively use Cohen/Whyte at the same time, that's going to cause a lot of issues for defenses. Hope he gets the chance to return some kicks as well.

His two best traits are straight line speed and toughness, which should make him a good kick returner. He's kind of an odd prospect. he runs like a bigger back, in that he 's straight line-ish and you don't see a lot of elusiveness or change of direction. He has good balance but because of his size not much power. I think he can have a role, and definitely has traits that Nagy can use.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His two best traits are straight line speed and toughness, which should make him a good kick returner. He's kind of an odd prospect. he runs like a bigger back, in that he 's straight line-ish and you don't see a lot of elusiveness or change of direction. He has good balance but because of his size not much power. I think he can have a role, and definitely has traits that Nagy can use.
Anyone else feel me on a Chris Johnson comparison?

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Any chance we'll see 2 guys lining up to receive kicks to confuse the opponent? I can see Patterson and Hall or Whyte doing this. I think we did it once last year and it worked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we catch a trap play he's gone. That said, he may have less moves than Howard. If we didn't have Patterson, he'd already have a roll as returner. I guess we could have 2 guys back to prevent teams from kicking away from us. Will be interesting to see if he'll find a roll but I suspect we'll try to sneak him onto the PS unless another back goes down.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If we catch a trap play he's gone. That said, he may have less moves than Howard. If we didn't have Patterson, he'd already have a roll as returner. I guess we could have 2 guys back to prevent teams from kicking away from us. Will be interesting to see if he'll find a roll but I suspect we'll try to sneak him onto the PS unless another back goes down.

I feel like if he is on the PS, he would be officially a bust.

Any team would take a flier on that elite speed, so if he does make something of himself but starts the year for us on the PS, then he will be making himself in another uniform.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every team already had a bunch of chances when their rosters weren't nearly as restrictive.

I've got news for you. A 7th round pick making the practice squad is a win for that player. Honestly, there is no such thing as a 7th round bust.

Who does he replace? Full Monty, Cohen or Davis. We kept a 3RB and a FB last year but Patterson is taking on that extra back roll and takes away Whytes best chance of making the roster as primary returner. I'm not saying he can't make a play day roster but he's the guy you can sneak through waivers unless he gets showcased in the pre.

Would you rather risk Emanuel Hall, Javon Wims, Denmark, Shelly? They can't all make the 53 and more than one will ned to sneak onto the PS plus Whyte would clearly be the 4th string RB. I'd have no issue with him making the 53 but in my opinion he sticks around on the PS because other teams aren't putting him on their opening day rosters because more complete backs will also be cut by other teams and he chooses to stay. Obviously things will change between now and Sept but that's my current opinion.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Cohen has a great season so when Pace trades him in the offseason to make room for Whyte...he gets that third round pick this time around.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's blazing, but I don't think he and Cohen are interchangeable. This guy is point and go with no shimmy. But when he goes, he's gone. Cohen on the other hand is more like Barry Sanders. I'm more excited by the additions of Marvin and Emanuel Hall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's blazing, but I don't think he and Cohen are interchangeable. This guy is point and go with no shimmy. But when he goes, he's gone. Cohen on the other hand is more like Barry Sanders. I'm more excited by the additions of Marvin and Emanuel Hall.
If you combine Cohen's horizontal with Whytes vertical, you got something.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has a single player ever been poached off the Bears PS, ever?