Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Less than $10m total between Kaep and Reid. Factor in lawyer fees, Kaep probably got like $3m.

200.gif
Don't think for a second the lawsuit against the NFL was ever about the money. Them coming to an agreement got what he wanted, and admission of guilt through a settlement.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Less than $10m total between Kaep and Reid. Factor in lawyer fees, Kaep probably got like $3m.

Try to grasp the bigger picture, his actions have helped so many people that really needed it, and it's going on into the future. Ultimately there is no way to know the actual number of lives he has made better, the tangible good he has done for children, families, and entire neighborhoods.

Only looking at the $10M settlement is ignoring the most important aspect of the whole thing.

napo55

Liked Posts:
You are insinuating the Kaepernick is the only guy making money, that's not true, his protests have done a lot to help people. His sacrifice has done more good than most people.

"The Bears were the first team this year to max out the player-team matching program. The five players on the Bears’ social justice committee—Sam Acho, Trey Burton, Akiem Hicks, Mitchell Trubisky and Chase Daniel—told the team during a training-camp meeting about the matching opportunities."

"Combined with contributions from coaches and the front office, and additional matching through the Bears Care foundation plus some NFL grants, the team raised $813,850, which will be split among five Chicago organizations doing work such as providing shoes to the homeless and offering intervention or tutoring services to at-risk kids."

"The total partnership was originally reported by ESPN to offer $89 million in funding, distributed both nationally and locally. The player-team matching program is one portion, which could generate $16 million annually if all 32 teams max it out like the Bears did."

If there were more "greedy" people like Kaepernick out there America would be a better place. So far I would say Kaepernick taking a knee is helping people, making a real difference, my hats off to the man for his very successful protest. I understand that there is a very specific group of "Americans" that think he is evil for taking the advice of the white special forces soldier, but so far it's looking like a resounding success.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/28/nfl-social-justice-players-coalition-programs

I've never opposed Kap's goals and strongly support the social justice coalition. I do believe there was a better way to accomplish those goals than to act in a way that many people found disrespectful to a flag that was a symbol to many who made great sacrifices.

It's also true that Kap has made millions and will make more. Time will tell what path he takes in the future.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Don't think for a second the lawsuit against the NFL was ever about the money. Them coming to an agreement got what he wanted, and admission of guilt through a settlement.

I love CK but he took the bigger L. Big money folks claim they settle to avoid lengthy trials and bad publicity that hurts their bottom line, not as an admission of guilt. He's only gonna walk away with a few million in pocket most likely. A win for him would have been sticking by his guns and taking them to court, showing he would never give up the fight.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I've never opposed Kap's goals and strongly support the social justice coalition. I do believe there was a better way to accomplish those goals than to act in a way that many people found disrespectful to a flag that was a symbol to many who made great sacrifices.

It's also true that Kap has made millions and will make more. Time will tell what path he takes in the future.

Can you provide an example of a better way to accomplish his goal?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I will never understand how people are able to ignore the fact that Kaepernick got the idea of kneeling during the anthem from Nate Boyer a white former special forces soldier, Boyer told Kaepernick that taking a knee is a sign of respect. Trump told idiots it was disrespectful to the flag and the military, of course his band of retards bought it.

It's ironic that MAGA people believe a draft dodging, pathological liar over a decorated special forces soldier, now that is patriotism.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I will never understand how people are able to ignore the fact that Kaepernick got the idea of kneeling during the anthem from Nate Boyer a white former special forces soldier, Boyer told Kaepernick that taking a knee is a sign of respect. Trump told idiots it was disrespectful to the flag and the military, of course his band of retards bought it.

It's ironic that MAGA people believe a draft dodging, pathological liar over a decorated special forces soldier, now that is patriotism.

It's possible that different people in the military have different opinions on what is or isn't a respectable way to protest during the anthem.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I love CK but he took the bigger L. Big money folks claim they settle to avoid lengthy trials and bad publicity that hurts their bottom line, not as an admission of guilt. He's only gonna walk away with a few million in pocket most likely. A win for him would have been sticking by his guns and taking them to court, showing he would never give up the fight.
I can see what you’re saying as well.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It's possible that different people in the military have different opinions on what is or isn't a respectable way to protest during the anthem.
Opinions vary, even by military personnel. My dad served and did some high end things during active service. He doesn’t agree with Kap, but he also closes his ears to the reference to the special forces soldier. So... people are just people in the end. Form their opinions and stick to them for whatever reason suits their belief system.

I don’t share his views on this situation.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Please Read the originate anthem and see if it was meant to mean "freedom for all"
--------------------------------

Originally Posted by bearmick The whole thing is ridiculous. Just play the game. Why do we need an anthem and minor military parade every time a sports event is played?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears_804 said:

I think he didn't want the long court battle, bcuz he wants to play again. What sux is that he deserves to play again and he's better, IMO, than the Qb's who are being signed to FA contracts.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Bears_804 said:

I think he didn't want the long court battle, bcuz he wants to play again. What sux is that he deserves to play again and he's better, IMO, than the Qb's who are being signed to FA contracts.

When you fight for social justice issues at this magnitude you have to be prepared for court and to not play again. After year one, he should have just stuck it out. It was clear he wouldn't play again and the entire world was watching his next move. I think he would have won big time anyway.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Bears_804 said:

It was not an admission of guilt by the NFL. I was a please-go-away move by the NFL. This was complete chump change for the owners to make this go bye-bye. A complete win for the NFL. Even at $80, a completely fabricated number probably leaked by Kap's people, it was chump change to the owners to have this go away.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
When you fight for social justice issues at this magnitude you have to be prepared for court and to not play again. After year one, he should have just stuck it out. It was clear he wouldn't play again and the entire world was watching his next move. I think he would have won big time anyway.

I would've made the settement contigent on getting a fair tryout with a team. Don't get me wrong, it would've been nice to see the NFL exposed ( there's a lotta dirt that goes on specifically with their hiring practices).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It was not an admission of guilt by the NFL. I was a please-go-away move by the NFL. This was complete chump change for the owners to make this go bye-bye. A complete win for the NFL. Even at $80, a completely fabricated number probably leaked by Kap's people, it was chump change to the owners to have this go away.

Well usually if the NFL thinks it has a leg to stand on...they'll try to "break" their opponent i.e. fines, suspensions etc . Had Kap pushed forward, IMO, a lotta' skeletons wouda' came outta' the closet (I could tell, it was starting to get messy as the investigation progressed). The NFL didn't want their 'dirty laundry washed in public' view.

Unfortunately, we aren't behind the scenes . We don't know what $$ was settled, we don't know the terms of the settlement and we don't know how or why Kap's legal team
advised him stop .

Last edited:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

The debate is an issue of opinion not fact. Some people find kneeling during the anthem to be offensive. Many not do. That includes veterans and non-veterans. And one person's opinion, whether it be a special forces soldier or the President of the United States, doesn't settle the issue.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The debate is an issue of opinion not fact. Some people find kneeling during the anthem to be offensive. Many not do. That includes veterans and non-veterans. And one person's opinion, whether it be a special forces soldier or the President of the United States, doesn't settle the issue.

That is incorrect, it is absolutely a matter of fact. The fact is Kaepernick made it clear what he was protesting, not an opinion, a fact. Taking a knee instead of sitting on the bench was the suggestion of Boyer, not an opinion, a fact.

Trump lied about the purpose of the protest, he claimed is was about something else, that is not my opinion, that is a fact. Trump's MAGA morons believed the pathological liar, not an opinion, a fact.

Trump followers are some gullible dimwits, that is my opinion, the rest of it is fact.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bears_804 said:

I think at $80M, well over his market value, it would have been an admission of collusion by the NFL. At whatever his percent of $10M, split with Reed plus attn fees, probably $3-4M,it was below even Chase Daniels on a 1 yr deal market value, I think it was go away kid your bugging me money. Sorta like when some irrational patient complains about their vision with their prescription,even after explaining they really badly need cataract surgery, I just refund them and tell them that it best they get a second opinion. Somethings are just not worth the bother and at that number Kap was not.

I truly don't think there was collusion by teams, I just think they all just so his headache outweighing any marginal advantage to him over any other available likely to not play backup. But even so, if they had been told they could give him a few $M to go away and never kneel on another sideline a few years ago, at the height of the issue, I think every owner says pay that man immediately. So all in all, him settling for a really low $ amount and not making the NFL go through a discovery and trial process seems like a failure of purpose.

Oh and R&S response is so much spin it's not even funny.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I always find it intereating when I see the anthem, along with "offensive" or "disrespect" in the same sentence.

Please Read the originate anthem and see if it was really meant to mean "freedom for all" ( let me let me know if I need to google it for u)

Some find that "offensive"

Last edited: