CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
run and shit has been on this for three years now.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report was the one reporting 80m. Originally he said something like 'league insiders speculate 80m' so he has an out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think for a second the lawsuit against the NFL was ever about the money. Them coming to an agreement got what he wanted, and admission of guilt through a settlement.

I was not aware there was an admission of guilt...

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Don't think for a second the lawsuit against the NFL was ever about the money. Them coming to an agreement got what he wanted, and admission of guilt through a settlement.
Looks like a lot of knuckleheads were wrong wrong wrong. ?:ROFLMAO:☕????

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh here we go... we all know how these cases work. Carry on.

No. Simply paying money to make a case go away is not an admission of guilt.

We may never know the actual facts of what happened. That won’t stop people from using speculation to paint their reality.

I am neither making a case for nor against the NFL, but simply pointing out that a payout proves nothing either way.

In the world of litigation companies will pay money to make lawsuits go away whether they are in the right or not.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No. Simply paying money to make a case go away is not an admission of guilt.

We may never know the actual facts of what happened. That won’t stop people from using speculation to paint their reality.

I am neither making a case for nor against the NFL, but simply pointing out that a payout proves nothing either way.

In the world of litigation companies will pay money to make lawsuits go away whether they are in the right or not.
You're right. Sexual discrimination or harassment cases just get money thrown at them in settlements because they "want it to go away" and they aren't "admitting guilt". The list could go on quite a ways for how common of a practice this is.

Technically, you're correct, it's a settlement, not a conviction or a ruling, but that's exactly how they want people to react to it.

Corrupt corporations and wealthy individuals have the option to throw money at their problems to make them go away without ever having legal recourse. People turn a blind eye to it and just say "well they aren't guilty". That's cool, that's your opinion. I don't share it, and a lot of others don't see it that way either.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're right. Sexual discrimination or harassment cases just get money thrown at them in settlements because they "want it to go away" and they aren't "admitting guilt". The list could go on quite a ways for how common of a practice this is.

Technically, you're correct, it's a settlement, not a conviction or a ruling, but that's exactly how they want people to react to it.

Corrupt corporations and wealthy individuals have the option to throw money at their problems to make them go away without ever having legal recourse. People turn a blind eye to it and just say "well they aren't guilty". That's cool, that's your opinion. I don't share it, and a lot of others don't see it that way either.
Individuals are also allowed to create lawsuits that may lack merit, but draw enough bad publicity that it makes it easier and more cost effective to just pay off the accuser rather than have a long drawn out public affair. The merit of the case one way or the other more often than not has little to do with a settlement.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
And anger the R̶a̶c̶i̶s̶t̶ patriots that love the country?
I see this way too much, the association of Patriot and a racist. They are NOT one in the same....

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see this way too much, the association of Patriot and a racist. They are NOT one in the same....

Sorry but in this case they are. Anyone upset that some black guy was peaceful protesting before the actual game and using the veil of patriotism is a racist

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sorry but in this case they are. Anyone upset that some black guy was peaceful protesting before the actual game and using the veil of patriotism is a racist
I support his right to protest (I consider myself a Patriot and I served for 21 years). So in my case, they are not one in the same. Would I prefer that he do it in some other manner, perhaps, but the right to protest and the freedom to do it is exactly what I served to protect.

I'm a Patriot and NOT a racist.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Individuals are also allowed to create lawsuits that may lack merit, but draw enough bad publicity that it makes it easier and more cost effective to just pay off the accuser rather than have a long drawn out public affair. The merit of the case one way or the other more often than not has little to do with a settlement.
I'll agree to that. Like other topics where the arguments always seem one sided, I think the subject is way more intricate than what I stated vs the other flip side of the coin. It all happens in many shapes and forms for various reasons.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I support his right to protest (I consider myself a Patriot and I served for 21 years). So in my case, they are not one in the same. Would I prefer that he do it in some other manner, perhaps, but the right to protest and the freedom to do it is exactly what I served to protect.

You support his right and are a veteran. There are others out there who are saying that ALL veterans were up in arms because of his protest while claiming that their hate for him is patriotism

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Good for you, it sounds like you made an informed well reasoned decision, as did I, and it's fine if we respectfully disagree on a conclusion.

Unfortunately most of the people that were/are angered with the protest did not come to a measured informed well reasoned conclusion. They were told what to think, by one guy initially, then by his propaganda machine. They were told by a pathological liar that Kaepernick hated America and the military, which was obviously complete bullshit. There are plenty of gullible fools that slurp up every lie and seem to thrive on it. That's a real shame.

Thank you for your service.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Originally Posted by bearmick The whole thing is ridiculous. Just play the game. Why do we need an anthem and minor military parade every time a sports event is played?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick's lawyer, Mark Geragos, was named as a co-conspirator in Michael Avenatti's attempted shakedown of Nike.

Where's Teddy KFC to explain how this is all connected?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

A. I didn't say all cases are the example I used.

B. You brought up sexual discrimination for some reason which has zero bearing on this case. I assume you attempting to elicit some emotional reaction by using a completely unrelated example.

C. I never said they were or were not guilty. I never said that was my opinion.