KD req. trade. Bulls need to go ALL IN

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may not miss the playoffs but they certainly won’t be a shoe in to reach the conference finals let alone win a championship. KD hasn’t shown the ability to win without a few other great players around him. With Golden State look at the team he was surrounded by. Look at the teams in OKC and Brooklyn. Kevin is a great player but he isn’t the answer to the Bulls finally getting back to winning a championship. He could be a piece of the puzzle I agree but he alone isn’t the answer.
When was the last time any NBA player has won a title without at least one other all-star on the team? The key is, 4 years. No one would predict a title for Chicago in year 1. But you definitely can't say it's impossible. Vucevic is an 18 and 11 guy. Drummond was a 15 and 15 guy like three years ago. Look at where the Bulls defense was before Lonzo and Caruso went down? Nobody can claim their defense was playing so well because of LaVine or DeRozan.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’ve also read where they have both Derozan and Levine as top 20 players in the league. I may not agree but it’s out there.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes he does. Not sure your point thought. Durant has played 35 and 55 games since his Achilles injury. Pretty sure Zach has played more than that over the past few seasons. Either way, that roster you proposed is mediocre at best
I mean, LaVine has had his share of injuries and seems to rely a lot of his athleticism. It's not impossible his best year has already occurred.

Any team with a top 1-3 player is not mediocre at best. The guys surrounding KD would be mediocre at best.

On the same token, how would you describe the guys around DeRozan (Bulls best player currently)? Pretty good at best? A little bit of nice depth. But damn sure not getting through every powerhouse in the East (MIL, BOS, MIA).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve also read where they have both Derozan and Levine as top 20 players in the league. I may not agree but it’s out there.
Antetokounmpo, Durant, James, Curry, Doncic, Jokic, Leonard, Harden, Davis, Butler, George, Paul, Tatum, Brown, Morant, Booker, Lillard, Mitchell, Gobert, Towns, Beal, McCollum, Irving, Williamson, Young, Middleton, Thompson. That's like 25+ guys right there. Not saying LaVine and DeRozan aren't in that mix somewhere but I'd put them near the bottom tier. A guy like Vucevic, Drummond and Ball are probably all in the top 80ish. And they would be keeping those guys in my hypothetical trade.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mean, LaVine has had his share of injuries and seems to rely a lot of his athleticism. It's not impossible his best year has already occurred.

Any team with a top 1-3 player is not mediocre at best. The guys surrounding KD would be mediocre at best.

On the same token, how would you describe the guys around DeRozan (Bulls best player currently)? Pretty good at best? A little bit of nice depth. But damn sure not getting through every powerhouse in the East (MIL, BOS, MIA).
Teams have been mediocre/pretenders with top 3 players and nothing else. Either way, the most important asset is availability. Durant and/or Ball go down, which odds say will happen…that team is trash

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams have been mediocre/pretenders with top 3 players and nothing else. Either way, the most important asset is availability. Durant and/or Ball go down, which odds say will happen…that team is trash
You're right. Trading for Kevin Durant is a bad idea. You've convinced me

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I just can't wrap my mind around how anyone could think that proposed trade wouldn't help the team, that's all
It’s simple really. While it may help the Bulls it is not guaranteed to help them much more than a few game improvement. While it could help them even more, It’s hard to see it happening especially since it would seem the team would be without the multiple top 20 players you speak of plus we haven’t even heard of a trade and what players and picks would be involved

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the option to attain Durant is there, the Bulls need to pull the trigger. Even if it means trading LaVine and DeRozan as a package *with* a future first round pick.
So Durant can fuck us and go onto the next bitch?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean make an offer.

But it has to be either one of Lavine/DeRozan, and if they want Lavine don’t expect much else.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ayo is the guy who fits next to Durant the best for defensive ability and iso burden relief.

Trade DeRozan/P-Will, firsts, and make a hard decision and keep both Ayo and White who suddenly becomes an open shooter.

Or you send Vuc and keep P-Will, play Durant as a 5 a lot.

The defense of Ball-Lavine-Ayo-Durant-Vuc?

I mean Durant would be an overhaul and I’m not sure the trades that gut us would be even attractive.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nope, didn't contradict myself at all.

The only thing that could override the Bulls not being able to give the most would be if KD said he specifically wants to go to Chicago, like I said in my first sentence.

If the Bulls are merely one of a few teams he wouldn't mind going to, they *still* wouldn't be able to get it done, because they don't have nearly the assets or draft picks that some other teams in contention have.

Point being, either way you slice it, he's not coming to the Bulls.
That’s all fine and dandy, and I agree he’s not coming to Chicago…but that doesn’t change the fact you did contradict yourself in your previous post

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just can't wrap my mind around how anyone could think that proposed trade wouldn't help the team, that's all
Well, for one, your trade idea doesn’t work because it doesnt fit nba trading rules. You can’t trade lavine, DD, and PWill for Durant. Salaries don’t work out. bulls would have to take another roughly 13 mil in salary from the nets to make that trade work. So yeah, that proposed trade idea sucks because it’s not possible

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, for one, your trade idea doesn’t work because it doesnt fit nba trading rules. You can’t trade lavine, DD, and PWill for Durant. Salaries don’t work out. bulls would have to take another roughly 13 mil in salary from the nets to make that trade work. So yeah, that proposed trade idea sucks because it’s not possible
Probably take back Joe Harris (depending what he's making) or some other filler. Point is, I'm sure a trade involving the guys/picks I mentioned is possible but not in its purest form

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After thinking about it, if we are on his short list you find a way.

Will we lose a lot of pieces? Yes…but that doesn’t matter because we will land every free agent we want for years.

It’s Derozan/3 firsts/Vuc/White

For Durant and the next 7 free agents we land.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lavine-P-Will-Durant

Plus whatever PGs are left. Now Dragic and Drummond.

Or send P-Will out and get DeRozan back.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The Nets supposedly want to remain competitive, which makes sense given all the picks they owe Houston. Now knowing they want to remain competitive, throwing DeRozan in makes sense. I doubt they would take Vucevic. DeRozan/Pat/Ayo or Caruso and all 3 1sts that you can offer. Whatever it takes.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bulls moved up to 3rd best chance to land KD boyz . . .

SHIP OUT OVERRATED ZAC!!! SIGN AND TRADE!