Keeper?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Calling it now-

Kurachev is a knock off Marchand without the big mouth on the ice.

He's not gonna pot 40, but can realistically be a 20 goal guy in the NHL

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Calling it now-

I think he can flat out become a 200ft monster. I’m excited to see him progress, and when Dach is back I really want a 77-23-88 line

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think he can flat out become a 200ft monster. I’m excited to see him progress, and when Dach is back I really want a 77-23-88 line
I've been trying to pin point the guy since his second game and it's Marchand he reminds me of without all the bullshit attached.

They're back check game is very similar

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Calling it now-

I like Kurashev. 20 goals in a 56 game season converts to 31 gag in an 82 game schedule. That's Marchand level.

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ehhhh...not really.

Niemi was decent in his 1st year and arguably did have an excellent showing with helping sweep the Sharks in the WCF, but overall he was about an average tender with the 'hawks. His next year he was excellent for the Sharks....and then just fell off the face of the planet. Neimi had an excellent Team D in front of him with us and after leaving the 'hawks he had team defenses of varying quality (note from hereon out I'm referring to D as "Team D", not just the defensemen).

Crawford, on the other hand, had a better 1st year than Niemi behind a worse but still okay D, then had a bad year behind a slightly better D, Had an outstanding year behind an excellent D, A decent year behind a great D, an outstanding year behind an okay D, An outstanding year behind an meh. D, A good year behind a Bleh. D, an unreal-excellent half-year behind a horrible D, a meh. half-year behind a horrible D, and a good year behind an even-more horrible D.

If Lankinen is more like Niemi the 'hawks eventually will be mired unless they find some defense. If Lankinen is more like Crawford he may have a slump in his sophomore year but he will bail out the team D while giving the Team O a fighting chance.
I watched all those games, and I still remember seeing both Niemi and Crawford skating around hoisting the Cup after they had won.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watched all those games, and I still remember seeing both Niemi and Crawford skating around hoisting the Cup after they had won.
CC had one regular season start that year,Huet was the PO backup........CC was a skating with the cup as a 'Black Ace' if I recall.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
CC had one regular season start that year,Huet was the PO backup........CC was a skating with the cup as a 'Black Ace' if I recall.
Exactly. There were a handful of players who played very little for the 'hawks in all three of their cup wins that came out as a black ace or otherwise, and skated with the cup.

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niemi did it in 2010 and Crawford did it in both 2013 and 2015. I'm sure that you saw it, too. Pay attention.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niemi did it in 2010 and Crawford did it in both 2013 and 2015. I'm sure that you saw it, too. Pay attention.
The subject was how Neimi made the squad back in '10' over Crawford,I dunno where TF you're coming from and I have better things to pay attention to.

You said you saw CC skating with the cup after they won in Phily and I tried to explain it was because CC was a Black Ace that year.......wondering why I bothered now.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The subject was how Neimi made the squad back in '10' over Crawford,I dunno where TF you're coming from and I have better things to pay attention to.

You said you saw CC skating with the cup after they won in Phily and I tried to explain it was because CC was a Black Ace that year.......wondering why I bothered now.
Bob pay attention?

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No, I never said anything about seeing CC skating with the Cup after they won in Philly. You are just making that up. Read it again. I said that I saw Niemi and Crawford each skating around after they had won. Niemi did it in Philly (2010) and Crawford did it in Boston (2013) and in Chicago (2015). Weren't you watching?

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
No, I never said anything about seeing CC skating with the Cup after they won in Philly. You are just making that up. Read it again. I said that I saw Niemi and Crawford each skating around after they had won. Niemi did it in Philly (2010) and Crawford did it in Boston (2013) and in Chicago (2015). Weren't you watching?

They just thought you were saying you remember seeing Niemi and Crawford skating with the cup specifically in 2010. I actually wouldnt be suprised if he did as the emergency backup.

I think I remember seeing Antti Raanta skate with the cup in 2015, but we all know he was never on the bench for a playoff game

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Van I started the conversation about how close the 2010 backup battle was so I also thought you were talking about just 2010. Sorry Go Hawks!

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They just thought you were saying you remember seeing Niemi and Crawford skating with the cup specifically in 2010. I actually wouldnt be suprised if he did as the emergency backup.

I think I remember seeing Antti Raanta skate with the cup in 2015, but we all know he was never on the bench for a playoff game

Yes, some people here have a propensity for reading what they want to disagree with, not what is actually written.

I didn't mention Crawford in 2010 because I didn't recall seeing him anywhere near the team in the playoffs. However, you are quite correct about Raanta in 2015. You can clearly see him hoisting the cup on the ice during the interview with Versteeg.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, some people here have a propensity for reading what they want to disagree with, not what is actually written.

I didn't mention Crawford in 2010 because I didn't recall seeing him anywhere near the team in the playoffs. However, you are quite correct about Raanta in 2015. You can clearly see him hoisting the cup on the ice during the interview with Versteeg.
Last time I'll waste time disagreeing with you! Jut about everyone in this thread made the same assumption as far as what you were talking about for a reason and fuck your "some people" shit too!

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last time I'll waste time disagreeing with you! Jut about everyone in this thread made the same assumption as far as what you were talking about for a reason and fuck your "some people" shit too!
For somebody who has better things to do than to argue with others, you sure have a lot to say, eh?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For somebody who has better things to do than to argue with others, you sure have a lot to say, eh?
This started with a honest effort on my part to offer some info about something you mentioned,I misconstrued what you said(along with others) because it came right after some of us were talking about the CC vs Niemi situation back in 2010.
You could have just clarified but you went the "pay attention" and "watch the games" route and snarky usually begets snarky.....I'd be happy to put this behind us.

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This started with a honest effort on my part to offer some info about something you mentioned,I misconstrued what you said(along with others) because it came right after some of us were talking about the CC vs Niemi situation back in 2010.
You could have just clarified but you went the "pay attention" and "watch the games" route and snarky usually begets snarky.....I'd be happy to put this behind us.
I tried to clarify (even quoting the years and cities in which Niemi and Crawford won the Cup) but you just came back with "You said you saw CC skating with the cup after they won in Phily " and "black aces". Then you added a testy "Last time I'll waste time disagreeing with you" and tried to make your argument personal. But yeah, I'm happy to put this conversation behind us, Bob, and go back to discussing the Blackhawks. No harm done.