Keeping Hinrich/Gordon the correct decision.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
After tonight, it looks like keeping Hinrich/Gordon would have gave us the best possible team coming out of this free agency. Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon make a combined $19.8 million next year. We have approximately $19.7 million in capspace right now, which is a wash with their salaries.

PG-Derrick Rose/Kirk Hinrich
SG-Ben Gordon/Kirk Hinrich
SF-Luol Deng/James Johnson
PF-Carlos Boozer/Taj Gibson
C- Joakim Noah

We could have kept both guys and been just fine.

Dc773

Liked Posts:
Can we win with Gordon? No. I like the direction we're going. We just need Mayo to really lock down the conversation of us being mentioned with Wade and them.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'll wait and see what happens with the space.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
I'll wait and see what happens with the space.

I think Gordon could be back on the Bulls in a salary dump. But I think someone will gift us a player better than Gordon. I'm thinking Indiana gifts us Danny Granger.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive been thinking what if we could get Danny Granger as well.That would be awesome

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hes a better fit than lebron, plus he's way less of an ass hat. sweet! on a side note, i can go back to hating lebron. has anyone noticed how big that guys head is?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I'm thinking Indiana gifts us Danny Granger.

I'd love it, I just don't see why for Indiana.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
You're pretty much a moron if you think that giving up Gordon and Hinrich at the time wasn't worth it

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Sign and trade Joe Alexander, and Indiana will be all over it. I just have a feeling that some teams are going to gift players to us and Orlando to try to screw over Miami.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting blowing everything in order to be in the conversation is worth it? if so, i'm a moron. i've stood by they're not coming here. free agents never come here. ron mercer. free agents go for money and climates. they dont go to chicago. gordon is what this team needed, we lost him, it was a bad business decision.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting blowing everything in order to be in the conversation is worth it? if so, i'm a moron. i've stood by they're not coming here. free agents never come here. ron mercer. free agents go for money and climates. they dont go to chicago. gordon is what this team needed, we lost him, it was a bad business decision.

You called yourself a moron...

didn't they just sign an allstar power forward??? Didn't he just totally ignore Jersey (who has had a pissy summer to say the least) to come here?

Lebron went to Miami to win a championship. They are all sacrificing money, and that is the only place where they could all play together...its not about the beach...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hinrich MIGHT'VE MAYBE helped because he can guard Wade with some degree of success. Gordon's 3pt shooting would be nice, but if we get Korver or Morrow or whoever, that same shooting is right there. BG at 9 million would be nice now I guess, but in the end, trying to go for the big 3 was the right decision, even if they decided to screw the NBA and play together.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Sign and trade Joe Alexander, and Indiana will be all over it. I just have a feeling that some teams are going to gift players to us and Orlando to try to screw over Miami.

Spite doesn't help your own team. I hope you're right, but I really can't see people giving players away just because they don't like Miami.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Spite doesn't help your own team. I hope you're right, but I really can't see people giving players away just because they don't like Miami.

Teams like Detroit/Indiana won't be able to compete against the super team, and Gordon/Granger have a lot of money left on their contracts. Either guy would be great since we are ready to win now, but it would be best for those teams to shed those contracts and start rebuilding through the draft.

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
Dc773 wrote:
Can we win with Gordon? No. I like the direction we're going. We just need Mayo to really lock down the conversation of us being mentioned with Wade and them.

Whose to say can we win with Gordon?

I would love for us to take BG off the Pistons hands.

Rose-BG-Deng-Boozer-Noah?
Good stuff...

I just miss BG :(

Member that game winner against New York in the United Center? Where he jumped on Benny right after? :(
I do..

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
bg has a terrible contract.

Exactly. I don't want that thing on our balance sheet at all. Plus, both parties burned the bridge. It's done.

ramblingrose33

Liked Posts:
Why are we doing this now? BG is gone. Two weeks ago people were cheering management for making room so we just had the possibility to sign James. Now we're back on Gordon. Lame...