hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
As per Pierre Lebrun, Duncan is hanging up his skates. Hawks will be penalized the recaptured cost of his contract, close to 6milion this season 2 million next.

Granada

Liked Posts:
As per Pierre Lebrun, Duncan is hanging up his skates. Hawks will be penalized the recaptured cost of his contract, close to 6milion this season 2 million next.
Damn. I mean I know the dude lost a step over the years, but Keith was my all-time favorite Blackhawk. Such a beast in his prime. Instant rafter resident.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Damn. I mean I know the dude lost a step over the years, but Keith was my all-time favorite Blackhawk. Such a beast in his prime. Instant rafter resident.
The Oilers wanted an answer by Saturda,y, such a storied Career, I know there were many highlights, but the game winning goal versus Tampa to win the cup in 2015 stands out as a great moment.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The Oilers wanted an answer by Saturda,y, such a storied Career, I know there were many highlights, but the game winning goal versus Tampa to win the cup in 2015 stands out as a great moment.
That was so awesome. If I recall, he blasted it once, then it rebounded right back to him, and he blasted it again. It almost reminded me of like a video game goal or something. I loved the celebration he did after that goal too.

Keith was a leader. There are so many examples like you say, but to me, the greatest moment I've ever seen was when Marleau shot the puck and knocked what like 7 teeth out of Keith's mouth; and the dude barely misses a beat and finishes the playoffs until the Hawks win the Cup. Utter bad ass.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s an end of an era as one by one that Blackhawks dynasty crew hang it up. It was a hell of a ride while it lasted

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably as good a time as any to carry dead cap space.....they won't be doing much high level shopping for a few years. We all got to see what Keith brought to the table last year....even at his advanced years, he would have been a top defenseman on this team. Heart and soul of Chicago's backline for close to 15 years logging a shitload of icetime along the way. HOF written all over him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gee Stan why didn't you just sign these guys until 2032?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was so awesome. If I recall, he blasted it once, then it rebounded right back to him, and he blasted it again. It almost reminded me of like a video game goal or something. I loved the celebration he did after that goal too.

Keith was a leader. There are so many examples like you say, but to me, the greatest moment I've ever seen was when Marleau shot the puck and knocked what like 7 teeth out of Keith's mouth; and the dude barely misses a beat and finishes the playoffs until the Hawks win the Cup. Utter bad ass.
Then had the cheekiness at the parade to ask if anyone knew a good dentist.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Favorite player.

That 2 will be hanging from the rafters.

The only bad was during the playoffs while on the Oilers there were a couple “holy shit, my partner is Boqvist “ moments where he was trying to do everything.

Skater, passer, mean and nasty. Leave it to a fucking Sutter for knowing he had an elite defenseman who would go and fill the gap between Lidstrom to Karlsson.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome player in his prime. I really enjoyed watching him play and the 3 championships he helped bring to Chicago!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Officially Official.

As mentioned.

Keith was entering the final season of a 13-year, $72 million contract he signed with the Blackhawks in December 2009, which carried an annual cap hit of $5,538,462. Because of the NHL's cap recapture rules, the Blackhawks will be penalized for Keith's retirement before the end of that contract.

Chicago will carry an extra $5,538,462 on its cap in 2022-23 and $1,938,456 in 2023-24. Neither penalty should dramatically impact Chicago's salary-cap situation, as the team is in a full rebuild for the foreseeable future.

The Oilers, meanwhile, clear the entirety of Keith's $5,538,462 cap hit from their books as they approach free agency. Edmonton is seeking to re-sign top-line winger Evander Kane and bring in a goaltender through free agency or trade.

Good time for it though while in full rebuild. Can't imagine the scraps Bowman would be taking on trying to 'go for it' this year with that penalty hanging out there.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was looking through the current "season" thread. Did this actually happen yet?