KEK: Lions insult class act players…

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ho wmany yards did JF have off of designed runs?
Link?
If the bears don't improve their pass protection and Fields doesn't improve in the pocket. this whole argument becomes moot

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well here is statistical data from Football Outsiders that uses run stats from run only plays, does not include scrambles in their data as it’s not a true run play

Adjusted line play & yards 11th overall reach
Stuffed rate — 1st overall
Power Success — 4th overall
2nd level yards — 11th overall

You can knock them all you want for shitty pass protection, which is deserved, but to try to knock them for Run blocking is pretty fucking stupid. If the running game was mainly Herbert & not Monty/Ebner— Bears numbers would be even better. Monty tap dances too much and is a highly inefficient runner while Ebner ran with a pair of concrete shoes.

Thanks, as it is behind a paywall/subscription, and it only shows the top 5 run blocking teams, in which the Bears are not rated top 5, pretty safe to say, the Bears are not an "Elite" run blocking team.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thanks, as it is behind a paywall, and it only shows the top 5 run blocking teams, in which the Bears are not rated top 5, pretty safe to say, the Bears are not an "Elite" run blocking team.

Thanks for sharing.
I never said they were elite, maybe I did? But again, if it was just Herbert—they would be in the Top 5. Have fun with Monty tap dancing for 5yds gains that could have been 20yd gains!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said they were elite, maybe I did? But again, if it was just Herbert—they would be in the Top 5. Have fun with Monty tap dancing for 5yds gains that could have been 20yd gains!
He is not replacing Swift, he is replacing Jamaal. Do you care to make a wager Monty's YPC will increase this year? Why is it so hard for Bears fan to understand run by committe platooning of RB's? Again, Herbert is both a liability in catching the ball, and pass blocking.

An while not you specifically, many have called the Bears rushing attack, Elite.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is not replacing Swift, he is replacing Jamaal. Do you care to make a wager Monty's YPC will increase this year? Why is it so hard for Bears fan to understand run by committe platooning of RB's? Again, Herbert is both a liability in catching the ball, and pass blocking.
The question isn’t if his YPC will increase this year, the question should be “how many yards will he leave on the field?”

A more efficient and faster runner that runs more decisively would easily average 5yds+ per carry.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question isn’t if his YPC will increase this year, the question should be “how many yards will he leave on the field?”

A more efficient and faster runner that runs more decisively would easily average 5yds+ per carry.

Bears fans last year:

Monty is awesome, he would be a starter on the Lions. He is much better than Swift.

Bears fans this year:

Monty sucks ass, he is slow, undecisive and leaves a lot of yards on the field.

I love this place, always starts my Sunday mornings with a good laugh at how fast CCS plebs can do a complete 180.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears fans last year:

Monty is awesome, he would be a starter on the Lions. He is much better than Swift.

Bears fans this year:

I love this place, always starts my Sunday mornings with a good laugh at how fast CCS plebs can do a complete 180.
Monty is better than swift but doesn’t mean he isn’t slow. I’ll remain a monty fan but y’all have two average RBS

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty is better than swift but doesn’t mean he isn’t slow. I’ll remain a monty fan but y’all have two average RBS
And a top 5 offense..........
with Goff at Qb none-the-less

So, Herbert is better than Monty
And Monty is better than Swift.

yet the stats you use to claim Herbert is better than Monty don't apply when comparing Monty to Swift?

Yisus you are stupid.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears fans last year:

Bears fans this year:

He is a better all around back than Swift. It’s pretty obvious the Lions front office lacks faith in Swift. Numbers show that Monty is an inefficient runner, and yes, he leaves yards on the field. I’d still rather have Monty over Swift as you can’t count on Swift in the passing game whether it’s as a receiver or a blocker.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And a top 5 offense..........
with Goff at Qb none-the-less

So, Herbert is better than Monty
And Monty is better than Swift.

yet the stats you use to claim Herbert is better than Monty don't apply when comparing Monty to Swift?

Yisus you are stupid.
Did I bring up Herbert?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is a better all around back than Swift. It’s pretty obvious the Lions front office lacks faith in Swift. Numbers show that Monty is an inefficient runner, and yes, he leaves yards on the field. I’d still rather have Monty over Swift as you can’t count on Swift in the passing game whether it’s as a receiver or a blocker.
Like he can’t figure out the simplest shit. Swift rarely plays yet I remember when @nc0gnet0 was on his shaft.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Like he can’t figure out the simplest shit. Swift rarely plays yet I remember when @nc0gnet0 was on his shaft.
He’s only actually started about a fourth of the games he’s played. Has yet to play a full season, has 14 drops across 3 seasons and also has 6 fumbles in the limited amount of action. If Detroit believed in Swift, the extension would have already happened. Detroit will be drafting a RB in April.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Swift is an excellent reciever, you are crazy, and a better pass blocker than Herbert. His issue is staying healthy.
Monty's only advantage over Swift is he is more durable, every down back. I will give him that. A work horse. Herbert is a one trick pony, pretty much telegraphs to the D what the Bears are going to run.

Last edited: