KEK Packers have lowered their ask from 2 first rounders for Aaron to just one, and Jets think that's too much!

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
So the Packers aren’t ok with keeping Rodgers on the team for the upcoming season. So they’re not ok with the status quo. So they don’t have leverage. Got it.
The point is that it can't and won't happen because Aaron didn't decide not to retire to sit on the bench this season behind J-Love. This is why Aaron now wants to AND WILL go play in New York. It's Aaron or bust for the Jets. The Jets control nothing. Aaron and the Packers control the whole thing.

The Packers are totally ok with Aaron on the roster as long as it takes for the Jets to cave. Leverage advantage Packers. Aaron will force the Jets to get the trade done if the standoff continues to the end of July/the start of camp. Leverage advantage Packers.

The longer this goes the better for the Packers and worse for the Jets. I expect it done in the next few weeks, but actually don't care if takes until late July and the start of camp. I like the idea of only a $15.8 million cap hit as opposed to a $40.3 million dead cap hit if the Pack trades him before June 2nd.

The end.

Fire up those steam engines and let's get this train rolling that compensation from New York back to Green Bay!
200w-9.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I actually could see the Packers wanting to rip the bandaid off and have the 40 million dollar cap hit this year. They know this is going to be a rebuild year anyway. Next year in 2024 I bet they prefer not to have a 24.5 million dollar cap hit on Rodgers. They are already going to have a 20.272 million dollar cap hit on Jordan Love if they pick up his 5th year.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The point is that it can't and won't happen because Aaron didn't decide not to retire to sit on the bench this season behind J-Love. This is why Aaron now wants to AND WILL go play in New York. It's Aaron or bust for the Jets. The Jets control nothing. Aaron and the Packers control the whole thing.

The Packers are totally ok with Aaron on the roster as long as it takes for the Jets to cave. Leverage advantage Packers. Aaron will force the Jets to get the trade done if the standoff continues to the end of July/the start of camp. Leverage advantage Packers.

The longer this goes the better for the Packers and worse for the Jets. I expect it done in the next few weeks, but actually don't care if takes until late July and the start of camp. I like the idea of only a $15.8 million cap hit as opposed to a $40.3 million dead cap hit if the Pack trades him before June 2nd.

The end.

Fire up those steam engines and let's get this train rolling that compensation from New York back to Green Bay!
View attachment 27544
dust out your stank, go wash the dishes, do your laundry, make your room, scrub and clean the toilet, vaccum, mop, empty the garbage, clean your mother's car, pack your lunch and go to fucking bed!

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Make it to the afc championship, a second. But more like a 3rs for Rodgers and maybe a later pick.
So, Bears fans butthurt, bitter, and scared of the Packers opinion is that all the Pack will get in the trade is a 3rd round pick and a 5th rounder.

Too funny!

We will revisit the Bears fans irrelevant and butthurt thoughts on the situation when the trade is completed.

Stay tuned Bears fans...we know you will. The whole world knows the Packers live rent free in your heads.

I never post in or read Bears related threads on here. Let that sink in.

c2k.gif

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
If they are taking on his salary and cap space, it wont be a 1.

Im thinking a 3.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Considering teams like the Raiders thought Jimmy G was a better option, the Packers probably aren't going to get a first to Aaaaron.