Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And on this one Polian could be proven right..........this year as injuries piled up for Jackson, he had to be more of a pocket passer and his numbers were very average.
I take nothing away from Jackson because he's actually proven to be the exception to the rule but the NFL will always be a pocket league. Doesn't mean you can't break it and make big plays but long term success is generally associated with the ability to read and throw from the pocket, even for scrambling QBs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMAO, not even close. Moore has actually called an offense, and a high powered one at that. Nagy wasn't calling shit before he got the gig.
Yup and it's his offense. I think it's too early for him as HC but I wouldn't hate on it until proven unworthy.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I take nothing away from Jackson because he's actually proven to be the exception to the rule but the NFL will always be a pocket league. Doesn't mean you can't break it and make big plays but long term success is generally associated with the ability to read and throw from the pocket, even for scrambling QBs.

Yes......Ideally ya want to sit in a "horseshoe pocket" like Dan Fouts use to do and have time to get through all the reads.

However......Moving around outside the pocket is not always synonymous with just taking off and running down field. When various mobile Qb's leave the pocket, many times it's because pass pro breaks down. Hence they'll move around and extend the play...to give the wr's more time to get open. ( I've seen Jackson do it, but his dumb wr's don't always move to open space...they just stand there ).

Ok...so to your point about "long term success is generally associated with the ability to read and throw from the pocket ". When extending the pass play......the Qb is still reading the field. He's just doing it on the move, behind the LOS.

Mobile Qb's from Tarkenton to R. Wilson have proven you can have long term success making pass plays in or out of the pocket . Yes....if ya don't have to leave the pocket, that's the ideal scenario

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes......Ideally ya want to sit in a "horseshoe pocket" like Dan Fouts use to do and have time to get through all the reads.

However......Moving around outside the pocket is not always synonymous with just taking off and running down field. When various mobile Qb's leave the pocket, many times it's because pass pro breaks down. Hence they'll move around and extend the play...to give the wr's more time to get open. ( I've seen Jackson do it, but his dumb wr's don't always move to open space...they just stand there ).

Ok...so to your point about "long term success is generally associated with the ability to read and throw from the pocket ". When extending the pass play......the Qb is still reading the field. He's just doing it on the move, behind the LOS.

Mobile Qb's from Tarkenton to R. Wilson have proven you can have long term success making pass plays in or out of the pocket . Yes....if ya don't have to leave the pocket, that's the ideal scenario
However? What part of what I posted doesn't agree with or even acknowledge that.?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
However? What part of what I posted doesn't agree with or even acknowledge that.?

Bearly said:

Doesn't mean you can't break it and make big plays but long term success is generally associated with the ability to read and throw from the pocket, even for scrambling QBs.

I not disagreeing . I was just showing the flipside.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
We can have him in the building tomorrow turning this franchise around.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah cause he was the reason for all the penalties, many pre snap, and the defense playing like horse shit all game long.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
What a play call to end the game!!! QB draw from 40 with no timeouts and 14 seconds left. Could you imagine if Nagy did that?

what did he think would happen? The odds are better if he just throws it up 3 times. Even if they down it there is only time for one play, and you have to know with the time left you may not even have time to down it. That was extremely stupid.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah if he specifically called that play, that was bad. Be interested to hear if Dak took the play in his own after seeing the open field.