Kenny Williams Should Not Be Immune To Scrutiny

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
last 2 years have sucked. not his fault that ozzie didnt like swisher and that he had to be dealt after a bad season. jake peavy was ok at the time because it wasnt an arm injury. alex rios deal sucked....he was blocking the tigers and got stuck, that is fact. so yes bad move there.

carlos quentin is an ehh move. where is chris carter these days?
peavy- clayton richard the only thing of worth in that deal. poreda was DFAd this week, the other prospect was waived and we took him back.
pierre- like what pierre was. now he is just horrible.
Aram- nice find!
beckham-ehh
Viciedo- love it, should be up here
brandon mccarthy for masset and danks- nice!
adam dunn- oh yeah its all kennys fault he isnt hitting his career numbers
linebrink- puke
thornton for borchard- FTW
the manny and jr deals were all low cost and publicity stunts to attract attention and fans.
rowand for thome- FTW
letting thome go- ozzies fault.....if anyone watch the club it was ozzies choice.

comparing the two is just non sense.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Giving away Hudson for a bum in Jackson.

We had enough money tied up in the rotation, so he does this?

Fucking :turrible:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Giving away Hudson for a bum in Jackson.

We had enough money tied up in the rotation, so he does this?

Fucking :turrible:

again for the last time. he traded hudson for ejax to spin him off for dunn last year. rizzo backed off....if you remember it was down to the wire that we would get dunn. jesus christ.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't see many Sox fans praising Kenny Williams for his moves...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see many Sox fans praising Kenny Williams for his moves...

not the recent ones.

still love the dunn deal and would do it again.

also adding humber was pretty damn solid. i just hate ozzie,pierre, and rios ( now starting to chill on him since he did change his swing) but i still dislike that move.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I thought I heard something on CTL about 2 years when the Sox acquired Rios that Williams wanted to retire to spend more time with his family.

They mentioned a replacement, and they said he was good, so why doesn't Reinsdorf pull the trigger on letting Williams go?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought I heard something on CTL about 2 years when the Sox acquired Rios that Williams wanted to retire to spend more time with his family.

They mentioned a replacement, and they said he was good, so why doesn't Reinsdorf pull the trigger on letting Williams go?

It would have to happen soon. JR wont fire him, but KW could step down to be with his kids.

The asst gm is amazing and I would hope he doesnt get another gig before its too late. his name is Rick Hahn

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would have to happen soon. JR wont fire him, but KW could step down to be with his kids.

The asst gm is amazing and I would hope he doesnt get another gig before its too late. his name is Rick Hahn

I've heard nothing but good things about Hahn. He seems like he'd do very well for the Sox.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The team assembled on paper is a championship caliber team.

Not KW's fault half the roster is underachieving. But at the same time another person as GM couldn't hurt, Kenny has had a good run, were at least competitive every season.

If KW is fire or is to resign, which I think it does, when he claimed Rios he some what suggested it he was trying to put the franchise in a position to dominate when he leaves or something to that effect.

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
carlos quentin is an ehh move. where is chris carter these days?
He's with the A's, struggling in AAA but he could get called up if Daric Barton gets sent down.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team assembled on paper is a championship caliber team.

Not KW's fault half the roster is underachieving. But at the same time another person as GM couldn't hurt, Kenny has had a good run, were at least competitive every season.

If KW is fire or is to resign, which I think it does, when he claimed Rios he some what suggested it he was trying to put the franchise in a position to dominate when he leaves or something to that effect.

yep.

but remember who is coaching this team.

If there is any blame to put on KW it is not firing ozzie, but at the same time i think KW may not be allowed to fire ozzie because of JRs love for ozzie.

I will tell you this, Id be willing to put 5 stacks down that ozzie is not the coach next year if the sox dont make the playoffs. I think than JR will sack up.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I will tell you this, Id be willing to put 5 stacks down that ozzie is not the coach next year if the sox dont make the playoffs. I think than JR will sack up.

We were off the hook, assuming we don't make the playoffs...*cough*.

Ozzie's contract that a clause that said if the Sox win the division in 2011 the option is picked up, but Jerry picked it up anyway. :obama:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We were off the hook, assuming we don't make the playoffs...*cough*.

Ozzie's contract that a clause that said if the Sox win the division in 2011 the option is picked up, but Jerry picked it up anyway. :obama:

i know. its fucking stupid.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Sox don't make the playoffs this year and Ozzie comes back next year, I may sack down on this team. If you go "All In" and lose, you're out. That should apply to Ozzie.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Sox don't make the playoffs this year and Ozzie comes back next year, I may sack down on this team. If you go "All In" and lose, you're out. That should apply to Ozzie.

il have to start cheering more the brewers.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
il have to start cheering more the brewers.

bandwagon_553.jpg

:smug2:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears