flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Kerrith Whyte and Cohen have the speed, Davis and Montgomery add quickness. Patterson adds size and speed.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Accurate! Misdirection with him flying straight up the gut!

He's more of a one cut runner with elite speed. He's tough with good balance, but doesn't do a lot of lateral movement. He's an intriguing prospect. He's definitely got some traits that could allow him to contribute, but I think he's got a lot of work to do in the passing game. Definitely has potential to be a good kick returner, and as other's have said, I'd much rather see him get carries than Mizzell.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with you that it seems like a great idea. Let them be Hybrid Zebra's.

Nall seems like an H-back anyway, or even should convert to a straight fullback.

I think Pace and Nagy thru scheme and planning can ------
"revolutionize" the Receiving Corps by having 12 WRs .... 5 of which are large/tough enough to be TEs .... and 2 of which can return punts and kickoffs.

They should have a "2nd" class at the 45 minute mark wherein the "hybrids go to either TE, STs, Oline classes"

BUT, OfCourse what the F^^^ do I know ?

...........even this UDFA seems to fit this type of transition ....
Bears signing local product, WR Thomas Ives (6'5, 215lbs.) out of Colgate. The Hinsdale native turned heads with an impressive pro-day workout that included a 4.48 forty yard dash.
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1122278895535960069

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I went to UCF and watch all of our games. We played FAU last season and he had a great game against us. Singletary played well too but Whyte ran the ball well and caught a TD pass. He also rushed for one and was effective returning kicks.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nall's measurables are almost Identical to Burton except that they are all a touch better.
Exactly. ... And I feel that if they figure Wims, for whatever reason, cannot crack the field as a WR, then with another 10 lbs or NOT, he certainly would be a Bigger, Faster, version of Burton

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Or make that this 4 receiver set... who can keep up?

Gabriel
Cohen
Whyte
Hall

From what I am reading on the guys, that is not too bad but Whyte and Hall would be limited to pure go routes since their route running is not worth anything. Still, if the CBs on Whyte and Hall can't keep up and need safety help over the top on EACH of them, then it would free up Gabriel and Cohen to run routes using the whole field and short-medium depth with both safeties taken out of the equation covering the speedsters in deep zones.

If I was a DC I would let the corners cover Whyte and Hall with no safety help deep and flood the middle of the field with extra coverage baiting Mitch to throw deep to the speed guys counting on:

1) Mitch;s inaccuracy to continue or
2) lack of hands in the speed guys

TL;DR - I am excited too yet still nervous re: Mitch and his development but hopeful overall.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or does it look like he plays slower than his 40 time? (perhaps it's just the lack of sudden quickness?)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
From what I am reading on the guys, that is not too bad but Whyte and Hall would be limited to pure go routes since their route running is not worth anything. Still, if the CBs on Whyte and Hall can't keep up and need safety help over the top on EACH of them, then it would free up Gabriel and Cohen to run routes using the whole field and short-medium depth with both safeties taken out of the equation covering the speedsters in deep zones.

If I was a DC I would let the corners cover Whyte and Hall with no safety help deep and flood the middle of the field with extra coverage baiting Mitch to throw deep to the speed guys counting on:

1) Mitch;s inaccuracy to continue or
2) lack of hands in the speed guys

TL;DR - I am excited too yet still nervous re: Mitch and his development but hopeful overall.
4 Receiver Set: Gabriel, Cohen, Whyte, Hall

That's what I was thinking... wouldn't the DC want to put a Safety each over the top of Hall and Whyte, just to be on the safe side? Would open the field for the good route runners Gab and Cohen.

But I'd certainly try sending them all deep. If Mitch throws a fairly fast bomb, it'd be hard, but not impossible, for a Safety to adjust to the receiver getting the ball at full speed.

Plus, with the Safeties playing back a bit -- cause they can't afford to get behind one of these guys -- you make the 5th player a RB, and you should be able to do some nice left or right flow rushes, pulling the guard, maybe even a Trap run with tons of extra yardage potential.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Is it just me or does it look like he plays slower than his 40 time? (perhaps it's just the lack of sudden quickness?)

I'm not sure what you're seeing but his straight line speed is impressive. That and his toughness are his best traits. He doesn't seem to have much lateral quickness which for a 200 pound back is worrying. I think he can be a very good special teams player and possibly a guy who can take some carries.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see this guy as something to get excited about other than ST.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what you're seeing but his straight line speed is impressive. That and his toughness are his best traits. He doesn't seem to have much lateral quickness which for a 200 pound back is worrying. I think he can be a very good special teams player and possibly a guy who can take some carries.

The lateral and short area quickness I guess is what I was referring to. You’re right, he is fast when he’s going straight.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a backup in case Cohen goes down who also has Special Teams abilities.

Exactly what you'd want in a late Rd pick right? Depth & ST improvement.

Win if he lives up to his measurables.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
4 Receiver Set: Gabriel, Cohen, Whyte, Hall

That's what I was thinking... wouldn't the DC want to put a Safety each over the top of Hall and Whyte, just to be on the safe side? Would open the field for the good route runners Gab and Cohen.

But I'd certainly try sending them all deep. If Mitch throws a fairly fast bomb, it'd be hard, but not impossible, for a Safety to adjust to the receiver getting the ball at full speed.

Plus, with the Safeties playing back a bit -- cause they can't afford to get behind one of these guys -- you make the 5th player a RB, and you should be able to do some nice left or right flow rushes, pulling the guard, maybe even a Trap run with tons of extra yardage potential.

wouldn't the DC want to put a Safety each over the top of Hall and Whyte, just to be on the safe side? Would open the field for the good route runners Gab and Cohen.

The bolded is exactly why I suspect the DC would NOT put a safety on top of each of the burners. Mitch has shown a very poor track record of deep accuracy and Hall et al are not "hands" receivers even IF Mitch puts the ball right where it needs to be.

And have Cohen and Gabriel in the slot going deep? The huge negative that leaps out is Mitch's god awful deep ball which again is because I can't vision this outside of 2018 Mitch which may be significantly less than 2019 Mitch.

One thing I will say from memory to this is: the Bears faced a lot of blitzes and Mitch was inconsistent against the blitz. Some games he folded and played horribly under pressure while some games he did very well and made the defense sorry for blitzing.

I doubt the 4 wide all deep is a thing we will see often due to:

1) a suspect pass protection from the Oline ( and that 4 wide all deep DEMANDS not one error from any of the O-linemen)
2) suspect deep accuracy from the QB
3) suspect hands from your receivers you listed that may not even make it to the 53
4) Nagy's offensive philosophy is one where there are multiple zones attacked, and any deep shots are kind of only 1 maybe 2 routes out of 4-5 possible routes and zones, and that is really his bread and butter and frankly should be against the speed of NFL defenses.