Kevin Love Defends Derrick Rose & Compliments Coach Thibs

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bul...ust-needs-a-little-luck?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Love: Rose just needs a little luck

Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love is confident that his training partner, Derrick Rose, will come back stronger than ever after his latest knee injury.

Love, who has dealt with several serious injuries of his own, believes the Chicago Bulls star just needs a little luck to stay on the floor.

"I just think in a lot of ways you've just got to be lucky," Love said after Monday's shootaround. "We've gone through a lot of things with injuries, and we've been able to be relatively healthy this year. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll come back and be D-Rose."

Love and Rose have spent several summers training with personal trainer Rob McClanaghan in Santa Monica, Calif. Love was impressed by what he saw from Rose as he prepared for the season.

"He's one of the hardest workers in the game," Love said. "And that's why he's one of the best players in the game. He worked extremely hard, but he also worked extremely smart, too. There were a lot of things he did with his body to make sure that he was good to go. And also, he took certain days off and then hit it hard the next day. He's an extremely efficient hard worker, and I admire a guy like that."

Love said he hasn't had a chance to speak with Rose yet, but he can understand what he is going through.

"I'm sure like most people I'm just kind of giving him a little space, because it's tough to go through serious injuries like that," Love said. "I went through some of that last year with my hand and my knee. So I know that it's very tough, but Derrick's the kind of guy that's going to do everything he can to get back on the floor 100 percent as quickly as he can."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love respects the way the Bulls continue to find ways to win despite all the injuries.

"They really persevere," Love said. "They play hard. Thibodeau's a great coach; he gets these guys to play every single night, no matter who they have on the team on any given night."

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
How the fuck has Rose not been speaking to Love? Are you serious Derrick??

I hope Love is just saying that to avoid questions of tampering or collusion.