Kevin Payne traded to the Rams for an undisclosed 2011 Draft Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Bears have traded S Kevin Payne to the Rams for an undisclosed draft pick, likely a conditional pick. Payne was odd man out.

He was likely going to be released, so JA is smart by getting a pick for him. The Bear drafted Kevin Payne in the 5th round and they deemed Harris expendable and he was traded to the Panthers. Now the Bears bring back Harris and they trade away Payne. Wow

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
At least we got something for him and didn't give him up for nothing a la Alex Brown.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Very happy we got something in return, Rams will suck next season too so it'll be a high pick in w/e round it is in.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a conditional pick. If Payne makes the Rams roster (And he should IMO) the Bears get a 2011 7th rounder.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's even weirder about the Kevin Payne-Chris Harris connection, is that they were both teammates at Louisiana-Monroe

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Lol it's funny because Payne replaced Harris in school. Then in the NFL. Now Harris is replacing Payne. But I'm cool with Payne, he follows me on twitter. (Will_Culbertson)

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I thought Payne was a solid player, was he not?

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Payne replacing Harris in college is why Angelo felt Harris was expendable in the first place

Lefty

Liked Posts:
At least we got something for him and didn't give him up for nothing a la Alex Brown.

Yeah, I'm surprised there wasn't another "Well, we're going to release him, at which time any team will be able to sign him.....unless someone wants to give us a pick? No? Ok yeah he's released."

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm happy we got something for him. At least now were getting draft picks and not giving them up.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm happy we got something for him. At least now were getting draft picks and not giving them up.

What good is a 7th round pick that is tied to him making the roster? I mean every little bit helps, but come on be real

Status
Not open for further replies.