Keys to the game

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides the obvious keys, the Titans starting left tackle tore his ACL a few weeks ago. And based on this last game, the Titans are having MAJOR issues on that left side...

SameScaryGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

OldfashionedMildGander-size_restricted.gif

ComfortableThoroughAsiandamselfly-size_restricted.gif

AbleFittingApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

NeatShamelessCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

ColossalGlumAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

DistinctSpiritedLarva-size_restricted.gif

GrimyDismalAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

ThatBrilliantGrouse-size_restricted.gif

WelllitBlushingDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif

SimplisticPleasantAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

And this was against a bottom 3 defense. You put Mack up against that left side in running situations for a huge mismatch. By contrast, the Titans injured starter, Taylor Lewan, is one of the top run blocking LT’s on the league.

You put Quinn up against that left side in passing situations, and the Titans won’t be able to send any help with Mack on the other side. If the Bears can somehow come out to an early lead (I know, I know), the defense can strangle the Titans offense.

VigorousThirstyGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, I was hoping you had news that the entire Titans D line starters were on the Covid list

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
If you post the problems the Bears Oline has, it overshadows all the problems that the Titans have.
Then add in Nagy's inability to call a decent game and it looks pretty lopsided to me.
When the Bears get behind by 7 , it's game over.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, 70 is rubbish.

Yet somehow we'll barely capitalize on this. We'll only come away with 2 sacks and lose the game. On paper, it seems like this defense should have some games like "Cutty getting sacked by the Giants 9 times," but it never happens. Wouldn't you think this line would have 4 or 5 sack games a few times a year?

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you post the problems the Bears Oline has, it overshadows all the problems that the Titans have.
Then add in Nagy's inability to call a decent game and it looks pretty lopsided to me.
When the Bears get behind by 7 , it's game over.

The thing is, the titans have a horrible D.

We have a horrible O.

Kinda matches each other.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our O is shut down if we can't back off their D. Mooney early and getting close should be enough. How about you throw it a little too far to the open side of the field this time instead of the other way around. No point in all that air if your WR can't get an advantage on it. Foles can throw it early and a mile high if we have something in the bag that can protect him and draw the safety over.

OL personnel may force Nagy to keep it simple so lots straight away running and quick hitters. Use Id; say use the H-back but he's been abysmal. Try Nall, Harris or Kmet in the roll. Throw on 1st down enough to keep them guessing. Football 101 stuff and it's difficult to do all these things at once but a good playcaller could integrate this in a way to help prevent the DL from teeing off or the safeties from helping them too often. The key is to do it in a way that doesn't waste drives while your trying to make a point and Nagy has been bad at it.

Obviously, you could try all this without making big sequence mistakes and still have a shit show on O today but it would probably help to give Foles a lot of play autonomy this game. He's perfectly content taking risks. He's due for a game where he gets the bounces.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't you think this line would have 4 or 5 sack games a few times a year?

If the O could do something as little as get a two TD lead on literally any team...I think you would see it more often.

You never get to see this D "pin back their ears".

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
No, I keep Mack on the left side the entire time and tell him to go set the single game record for sacks. Let Quinn play on the right when he's in, but Mack has every pass rush technique in the book down and will feast on that LT. I want them to have to overcommit to help this tackle out v Mack. Put that fear in Tannehill.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ive seen them line up next to each other a couple times. If the left side is as bad as you say, i'd do that

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I'm the Titans, I run all directions but at Quinn early and later pitch wide on Macks side who often takes inside rushes and is probably pinching by then.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's why all directions but they are handoffs until you try to pitch around Mack for a big hitter so playaction is not excluded for the pass game. I know it's common practice to run at the best defender but I think that would be a mistake this game and Quinn should be the easiest to attack while taking pressure of the replacement LT in pass pro.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears could win if they have three takeaways and score off two of them. Otherwise nah.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the NFL and teams rise and fall to the occasion on Sundays. There are almost no foregone conclusions in this league.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If the O could do something as little as get a two TD lead on literally any team...

And there's the rub. Bears average 10.7 points scored in the first 3 quarters this season - tough to get a 2 TD lead early when you don't usually score 2 TDs.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears average 10.7 points scored in the first 3 quarters this season

Wow...that is pathetic.

It's getting easier by the week to join the #FireNagy brigade.