KFC

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People still eat at KFC?

I went to one back in September to try their new chicken sandwich for a comparison to the Popeye's one everyone went ape shit for.

The Colonel's spice blend makes for a better flavor profile than the Popeye's sandwich, but it was too greasy to really enjoy it because workers at KFC usually suck and either let the oil temp fall too low or they have been frying out of the same oil for the past 13 hours.

As to the OP, they are just looking to start feeding future generations plant slurry and we all get to be one big market test. Vegans should stay away from all this fast food nonsense because no way are they cooking any of this on separate cooking stations...so your plant burger/chicken is still bathing in real meat fats.

On another tangent, I don't understand the obbession with meat like products that are vegan.

You made your choice....quit asking for bacon and chicken nuggets!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I went to one back in September to try their new chicken sandwich for a comparison to the Popeye's one everyone went ape shit for.

The Colonel's spice blend makes for a better flavor profile than the Popeye's sandwich, but it was too greasy to really enjoy it because workers at KFC usually suck and either let the oil temp fall too low or they have been frying out of the same oil for the past 13 hours.
Last time I had KFC, which was during a visit to see my cousin in Columbus OH in 2013, and I was hung over, I thought it was god awful.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had it for the first time in years a few weeks ago. Got the chicken mini combo (mini chicken sammies). Was ok but nothing to go back for. Their fries were actually pretty good.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time I had KFC, which was during a visit to see my cousin in Columbus OH in 2013, and I was hung over, I thought it was god awful.

They have become worse and worse over the years. I lived maybe 500 yards from one in the late 90s that was quite good. The small samples I have had in the 21st century at KFC have all been disappointing. Always too greasy which means your staff sucks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Popeye's, Browns, Harold's, Churches, Sharks, JJ's all infinitely better than KFC.
I will take Popeyes for sure over kfc especially that spicy chicken sandwich. Slight edge to Popeyes with the biscuits. Kfc wins the fries battle though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I will take Popeyes for sure over kfc especially that spicy chicken sandwich. Slight edge to Popeyes with the biscuits. Kfc wins the fries battle though.
^ This. Right here.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Popeye's, Browns, Harold's, Churches, Sharks, JJ's all infinitely better than KFC.

Same deal about location depending.

I had the worst chicken at Popeyes in Chicago, but fantastic chicken at Popeyes in New Orleans.

I had great chicken at Harold's on the west side, but terrible chicken at Harold's on the north side.

I always thought Brown's sucked, but Church's usually solid....even though they have most of their locations in some rough parts of the city.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They have become worse and worse over the years. I lived maybe 500 yards from one in the late 90s that was quite good. The small samples I have had in the 21st century at KFC have all been disappointing. Always too greasy which means your staff sucks.
I remember as a small child my dad and grandpa going out to pick up KFC many times. I always remember enjoying it. Granted I'm like 4-6 years old at this time and just about any of that stuff is probably really good. But even they said it was good fast food in the 90s. They all started getting Browns chicken in the late 90s, which I also enjoyed at the time. But, I also don't think I've had Browns since the early 00's.

Honestly, I haven't had fried chicken much at all over the last decade. Usually if I have it, its from catering at a party. I just don't seek it out.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will smash a famous bowl when hungover but that’s about it. Maybe 2x a year.

U related but has anyone ever seen like a clean KFC? Lol that all seem so gross

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I haven't had fried chicken much at all over the last decade. Usually if I have it, its from catering at a party. I just don't seek it out.

I just went all DYI with it.

Penny's Fried Chicken is great and I use TWELVE herbs and spices just to literally one up the Colonel.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Red beans and rice, crumble some biscuit, and add a fuckton of hot sauce ftw

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
U related but has anyone ever seen like a clean KFC? Lol that all seem so gross

The one I used to live by was impressively clean. I even used their bathroom for about five days until my landlord made repairs to mine.

Always smelled like lemons!

Great staff that actually cared about your dining experience.

20 something years later...I doubt you find that again.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
KFC has good sides (mac n cheese, mashed potatoes). Do not like their chicken anymore.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
KFC has good sides (mac n cheese, mashed potatoes). Do not like their chicken anymore.

That gravy is like crack. I sometimes stopped in for just that.

Not to proud of this, but I once downed the little cup like hot chocolate because I was very cold and had smoked a lot of weed earlier.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yall like Cluck n Fucks? I mean, Raising Canes? It's my go to spot when I'm craving some chicken and slaw. Hits the spot pretty good.