Khalil Herbert is Aaron Jones and a Pro-Bowl Caliber Running Back

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Haven't watched Kollman in a while. Went back to his 2017 mock draft for s&g to see where he had Trubisky. Amazingly, the only QB taken in the first round of his draft was Deshone Kizer.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.27.14 AM.png

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Still can't believe Pace got him in the 4th.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just glad he is being recognized. I think this is one of Pace's home runs. If the Oline can just get to so-so there might be something special with the running game.

That helps whomever happens to be the starter under center.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm just glad he is being recognized. I think this is one of Pace's home runs. If the Oline can just get to so-so there might be something special with the running game.

That helps whomever happens to be the starter under center.
@hyatt151 assured me Herbert was not good and the Bears have no depth at rb.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So by my count, we have a fight between Borom and his possible Pro Bowl backup Ifedi at RT, Kindle Vildor making the loss of Kyle Fuller irrelevant, and a Pro Bowl level 4th RB. That is without mentioning a game 1 rookie season starting LT stolen in the 2nd round and a future HOF rookie QB.

Would I be a CCS Debbie Downer to say this offseason's hype has gotten a bit ridiculous?

You forgot Dazz Newsome as Antonio Brown.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Not my words. This is Brett Kollman's pre-draft offensive gems video. He always has good content. His co-host predicted Khalil would be a value pick at the end of round 3.

Watching his game tape it looks to me like as a pure runner Herbert does everything well. Vision, some power, contact-balance, quickness, speed. Some reports say he's not a good pass catcher or blocker. No meatball expectations but I'm excited to see how he does when given a chance in the backfield.

Khalil Herbert discussion begins at 19:05. Tevin Jenkins is his #1 gem and he talks about him at the onset of the video.

I love the pick and think hes going to be great backing up Montgomery.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now we have two Khalil and two Macks on this Chicago Bears team!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So by my count, we have a fight between Borom and his possible Pro Bowl backup Ifedi at RT, Kindle Vildor making the loss of Kyle Fuller irrelevant, and a Pro Bowl level 4th RB. That is without mentioning a game 1 rookie season starting LT stolen in the 2nd round and a future HOF rookie QB.

Would I be a CCS Debbie Downer to say this offseason's hype has gotten a bit ridiculous?
It's extremely ridiculous.

Why was this future pro-bowler in college for 5 years?

Posters are aware how dangerously thin this roster is and are hyping the shit outta practice squad guys.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any injury to one of the top 2, were screwed, a room full of body's does NOT equal quality depth
You're exactly right.

I have no idea where ppl are getting we have a "crowded running back room."

Monty & Cohen are both replaceable.

Gimme a break...

Canth

Liked Posts:
It's extremely ridiculous.

Why was this future pro-bowler in college for 5 years?

Posters are aware how dangerously thin this roster is and are hyping the shit outta practice squad guys.

At least a part of the 5 year deal was him transferring schools to get more playing time and to be used in a way to showcase making it to the NFL. There always those kinda potential issues in college and how they deal with recruiting and boosters. It will be interesting to see how the transfer rules changing affect college football. I have no doubt that a lot of college coaches will hate it when they lose a bunch of kids to the transfer portal because they lied to them about what they thought of them, how they intend to use them, and their realistic chance at playing time. And I have no sympathy to any of those coaches.

In the realistic picture though with Khalil Herbert, you are looking for the guy to be a special teams contributor in all special team phases who can provide RB depth. If you can get that out of of a 6th round rookie, that's a win imo.

I would say the same for Dazz Newsome and Thomas Graham for their respective positions. You are looking for those guys to be special teams contributors that give you depth at WR and in the secondary. Any meaningful snaps you can get out of these guys on offense and defense is a bonus this year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This thread is exactly what i was talking about a month ago when i mentioned that 32 fanbases are all overrating their teams because they've read the scouting reports. They know all the names. They all hope on the potential for each and every player, when reality is many of these guys wont pan out.