Khalil Herbert

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kid is a keeper. I love Monty but he just saw his stats take a big hit for when he comes back. Williams & Herbert will be getting more touches from here on out

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
that's Pace's specialty and why he will earn an extension. Gipson is another one. Dude got another sack yesterday. It was also cool to see Mack resting on the sideline getting fired up when it happened. 2020 5th round pick boyz. Pace is the man.
Gipson, B.Nichols, Mooney.......................the list goes on and on for the steals he's found in the mid and late rounds.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i could live with Pace if he would stop the early round tradeups, I don't mind trading from 5th to 4th or whatever, but not more expensive rounds

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Herbert was good, but it's easy to have vision and burst when the hole is right where it's supposed to be, and big. In the first half the holes were huge. In the second they weren't and his production reflected that.

He does have a role though, definitely. Looks very good.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Yup, Herbert did a nice job of hitting the holes.
Didn't break tackles like Monty does but the kid ran hard, but benefited by not getting hit until he was beyond the LOS. Lazor appears to be the "offensive genious" by playing 7 Olinemen at a time, really made a difference.
Felt with those lanes we should've had longer runs than 11 and 14 yards, but the backups did what you want backups to do.
That said, Monty would of gained significantly more yards. Wish we had him for the Packers.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Herbert was good, but it's easy to have vision and burst when the hole is right where it's supposed to be, and big. In the first half the holes were huge. In the second they weren't and his production reflected that.

He does have a role though, definitely. Looks very good.

There were times when the hole wasn't so obvious and Herbert hit an alley that to me or most fans looked as if it was blocked off. So Herbert does have vision.

If he had Monty's ability to break tackles he'd be the complete package...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There were times when the hole wasn't so obvious and Herbert hit an alley that to me or most fans looked as if it was blocked off. So Herbert does have vision.

If he had Monty's ability to break tackles he'd be the complete package...
Pretty much all his long runs were inside zone with the hole right at the 3 hole, where it's supposed to be. And he wasn't touched on any of them until the second level.

He did well, got what was blocked.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
IMHO I think Herbert has 1-3 big runs against GB and is co-mvp with Fields for that game. Coming out party if you will..

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Also, wearing #24 he honestly looks and runs like the player they wanted the old #24 to be..

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Pretty much all his long runs were inside zone with the hole right at the 3 hole, where it's supposed to be. And he wasn't touched on any of them until the second level.

He did well, got what was blocked.
I thought his most impressive one was a 2nd and 4 in the 4th quarter where he was hit near the LOS by a lineman, got low and pushed the guy backwards for a five yard gain and a first down.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought his most impressive one was a 2nd and 4 in the 4th quarter where he was hit near the LOS by a lineman, got low and pushed the guy backwards for a five yard gain and a first down.
Yep that was solid.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
2021 Bears draft. 6 years from now when the bears win the superbowl at arlington, look back to this draft and think <this is where it all started>.

Justin Fields
Herbert
Tonga
Borom
Jenkins
You forgot WR1 & CB1, you know, the other two draft picks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
that's Pace's specialty and why he will earn an extension. Gipson is another one. Dude got another sack yesterday. It was also cool to see Mack resting on the sideline getting fired up when it happened. 2020 5th round pick boyz. Pace is the man.
Like I said in another thread, move Pace to President, move Teddy and Nagy out the door, pick up the OC from the Bills as HC if you don't mind Fields getting two systems to learn in 2 years (or Pederson if you do mind), allow Pace input on the draft but only day 3 of the draft.

Quadruple win: new GM, Pace can still get his late round steals, Fields gets a better HC one way or another, Teddy and Nagy get shown the door.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe when the draft happened the analysts on nfl network said Herbert could be a steal or the steal of the draft.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Tarik Cohen have a spot to come back to?