Khalil Herbert

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I’m the conductor of the “Pace is awful and should have been fired years ago” train. But I’ll give some props where it’s due. For an offense that lacks high end talent, Khalil Herbert shown flashes of being able to be a key piece for the next great Bears team.

First start and the de facto guy against a division rival. If today was my first time watching a Bears game, it wouldn’t stand out to me that he’s a rookie. That cut back run was impressive. He had no trouble punching it in at the goal line. His best run of the day was called back on a BS penalty, which would have been his 2nd TD of the game.

He reminds me of Antonio Gibson a bit. Late round, under the radar guy that has a ton of explosion and great vision. Not a bad pass catcher either.

What are your takeaways from Herbert’s first game? Who does this kid remind you of in terms of other RBs?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m the conductor of the “Pace is awful and should have been fired years ago” train. But I’ll give some props where it’s due. For an offense that lacks high end talent, Khalil Herbert shown flashes of being able to be a key piece for the next great Bears team.

First start and the de facto guy against a division rival. If today was my first time watching a Bears game, it wouldn’t stand out to me that he’s a rookie. That cut back run was impressive. He had no trouble punching it in at the goal line. His best run of the day was called back on a BS penalty, which would have been his 2nd TD of the game.

He reminds me of Antonio Gibson a bit. Late round, under the radar guy that has a ton of explosion and great vision. Not a bad pass catcher either.

What are your takeaways from Herbert’s first game? Who does this kid remind you of in terms of other RBs?
Gibson went round 3 and Herbert round 6. I think Herbert is more built for RB than Gibson is but would love to see them throw to him more.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He looked like a starting RB, although I'm not sure about how good his hands are yet. He had a bad drop today, which is about the only thing he didn't do well. I thought he showed a lot of patience and ran with great vision. Would like to see him make more people miss in the open field, but he is only a 6th round pick at the end of the day.

He should have had 2 touchdowns today. Damien Williams can take a back seat to him, as far as I'm concerned.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He and Monty are a really good duo. Didn't see how well he pass blocked, that will be key to understanding his overall value. He's got a ways to go as a pass catcher imo. But he looked very good running it, light feet and good vision.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace still hasn’t drafted a “difference maker”.

Fields might be that guy but every other pick isn’t producing wins vs good teams.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
R. Pace drafts people for other teams to get more cheaply

msadows

Liked Posts:
Sure you can try that but if you can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him I take it.

I don't think a RB in todays nfl has much value.

But then again, you have teams like the houston texans, so who knows.

Maybe we can flip monty to the redskins for scary terry.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think a RB in todays nfl has much value.

But then again, you have teams like the houston texans, so who knows.

Maybe we can flip monty to the redskins for scary terry.

Sure but it is about finding a team where a RB like Monty is a missing piece for them. Think the Bills or Ravens whose RBs are a bit underwhelming and/or due to be FAs or coming off major injury.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace still hasn’t drafted a “difference maker”.

Fields might be that guy but every other pick isn’t producing wins vs good teams.
Good point. Pace certainly has some good picks, but like you said, are any of these guys difference makers? Certainly has drafted solid players, but not many come to mind that are changing games. Hopefully Fields changes that

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Maybe a pick and a lineman. But man that would be tough. Love Montgomery here with the Bears.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good point. Pace certainly has some good picks, but like you said, are any of these guys difference makers? Certainly has drafted solid players, but not many come to mind that are changing games. Hopefully Fields changes that
He's good at drafting the most replaceable position in the NFL and rotational DL. Yay! Jaylon Johnson is the only player at a premium position that is a hit. At least so far. But i guess an occasional PD from Vildor makes up for all of the day 1 and 2 blunders.

Like ive been saying for a couple years, its a team built off of FA. and its not even built well. But 7th seed!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's good at drafting the most replaceable position in the NFL and rotational DL. Yay! Jaylon Johnson is the only player at a premium position that is a hit. At least so far. But i guess an occasional PD from Vildor makes up for all of the day 1 and 2 blunders.

Like ive been saying for a couple years, its a team built off of FA. and its not even built well. But 7th seed!
And Roquan. Anyone with a brane could have made that pick tho.