Khalil Mack leads NFL in QB hurries

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Despite being schemed against, he is still having an impact....

I just wish the pass rush without him and Hicks in the game was any good at all.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Hurries, that's when you fail to get to the QB. Not an impressive stat as I see it.
Yes forcing a QB to rush when he wouldn't otherwise is meaningless. Thanks.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes forcing a QB to rush when he wouldn't otherwise is meaningless. Thanks.
No, you see those plays where Mack is left on his belly after an unsuccessful attempt to tackle the QB. Even saw Lion's practice squad QB shake Mack off 1 play and outrun him, as if he was a sloth, on the next. Very misleading "stat" as a lot of times that hurry just ends up being a whiff on that player's part or they let him come to set up a screen.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are 30 NFL defenders with more sacks than Mack. There are 60 players with more QB knockdowns.

Hurries are just for the bitches that can't get to the QB at all.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have to side with Spartan here.

I like Mack, but he needs to get to the QB more, cause more havoc back there.... simply hurrying the QB isn't what we paid him that giant contract for.

Need sacks, fumbles, 3rd down stops.... interceptions off tipped balls or errant releases.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Hurries, that's when you fail to get to the QB. Not an impressive stat as I see it.
Its not like he gets double and triple teamed and offenses make their gameplans around him or anything.......

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not like he gets double and triple teamed and offenses make their gameplans around him or anything.......
I know. It's not like that at all. It's just the narrative CCS dummies cling too. I don't know wtf you guys have been watching. I've seen him held at bay by TE's or get blocked by nobody but a RB on blitzes. Can you girls stop pretending he gets more attention than the likes of Donald, Jordan, Watt, the Bosas, Jones, etc?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I know. It's not like that at all. It's just the narrative CCS dummies cling too. I don't know wtf you guys have been watching. I've seen him held at bay by TE's or get blocked by nobody but a RB on blitzes. Can you girls stop pretending he gets more attention than the likes of Donald, Jordan, Watt, the Bosas, Jones, etc?
He does. Im so sorry you're ignorance blinds you and your stupidity rules you. Maybe one day you'll accomplish something without standing on the shoulders of others.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He does. Im so sorry you're ignorance blinds you and your stupidity rules you. Maybe one day you'll accomplish something without standing on the shoulders of others.
Your football stupidity has not gone unnoticed in the past so no shocker here. The board full of idiots has gone from making excuses for the Bears' shit QBs to making excuses for the most overpaid defender in the league.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've seen Mack get stopped by anywhere from 3 on 1 to 1 on 1....

I don't care if they put 3 guys on him, he needs to be, on average, far more disruptive.

I watched him last year bull rush thru 2 guys and sack the QB with people draped over him holding him, I know what he is capable of.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Ah, the hurries stat. Being a fan of Brandon Graham I've loved this stat for a very long time and know it's limitations. Despite never having a double digit sack season Graham has consistently been rated extremely high by all the nerds (PFF, Football Outsiders, etc..) because of his ability to get within a few yards of a QB.

It's a nice stat, but the most value a rush defender can do is to create a turnover. This typically comes in the form of a sack that results in a fumble. After that the lost yardage of a sack typically result in a harder conversion on the next 1-2 plays. Sure, one can make an argument that those hurries are resulting in an interception, but it still has less impact.

Honestly I compare pressures to batted balls. Batted balls mainly end in a loss of a down and can sometimes lead to a turnover. That's sort of what a pressure does. It can disrupt the timing of a play and can sometimes lead to a turnover. Anyway, Mack is up to 27 pressures on the year. I bet you'd trade those for 3 sacks just because they would have a greater impact on a game's outcome.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Your football stupidity has not gone unnoticed in the past so no shocker here. The board full of idiots has gone from making excuses for the Bears' shit QBs to making excuses for the most overpaid defender in the league.
Yawn

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I think the issue is there is no push up the middle allowing the QB to just step up in the pocket to avoid Mack. I think Mack misses Hicks' inside push.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ah, the hurries stat. Being a fan of Brandon Graham I've loved this stat for a very long time and know it's limitations. Despite never having a double digit sack season Graham has consistently been rated extremely high by all the nerds (PFF, Football Outsiders, etc..) because of his ability to get within a few yards of a QB.

It's a nice stat, but the most value a rush defender can do is to create a turnover. This typically comes in the form of a sack that results in a fumble. After that the lost yardage of a sack typically result in a harder conversion on the next 1-2 plays. Sure, one can make an argument that those hurries are resulting in an interception, but it still has less impact.

Honestly I compare pressures to batted balls. Batted balls mainly end in a loss of a down and can sometimes lead to a turnover. That's sort of what a pressure does. It can disrupt the timing of a play and can sometimes lead to a turnover. Anyway, Mack is up to 27 pressures on the year. I bet you'd trade those for 3 sacks just because they would have a greater impact on a game's outcome.
I would trade 3 pressures for 3 fumbles.... Losing yards and a down is all nice and dandy but losing just a down is just as effective especially if its 3rd down, if that was caused by a pressure or a pressure leading to a forced turnover by another player then a pressure beats a sack everytime. Mack has 5 ffs 1 less than the league lead and the most pressures. Is he as good as last year i dont think so but it's lack of supporting cast not lack of macks abilities.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the issue is there is no push up the middle allowing the QB to just step up in the pocket to avoid Mack. I think Mack misses Hicks' inside push.
If he need lean that much on Hicks, he should start giving him half his paycheck when he returns.