Kindle Vildor has an NFL future

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Really surefire tackler and quite physical. The Saints tried to pick on him early and gave up after only scoring seven points in the first half. He's not perfect, but no rookie cornerback is. Especially one drafted in the fifth round. His game actually reminds me quite a bit of Fuller's.

This is perhaps not quite a foundational guy to build around but its definitely not outside the realm of reasonable possibility that he develops into being a very adequately priced good starter at a premium position. When its all said and done if he really maximizes this early potential he's shown he could be one of those legendary types of late-round steals.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he looked like the best tackler out there. Not hard when playing next to jackson and smith is out but ya

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I thought he looked like the best tackler out there. Not hard when playing next to jackson and smith is out but ya
Trevathan is pretty good and once Mack gets his paws on an offensive player they are pretty much done for, but yes. His tackling definitely stands out as a skill that's already above average (at least) at the pro level.

I should temper this thread with some cold dose of reality too, which is that he doesn't seem like he has great turnover instincts and his hands are in the classic "that's why he plays defense" mold. His development could go either way.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought him and Shelley looked much better than they did vs. the Pack in Week 17. Vildor intrigues me the most. He was put in a tough spot this season and asked to start when he likely needed more time to develop. Doubtful he's ever a top tier CB, but at the very least he can provide some nice depth and/or start for a few seasons.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Really surefire tackler and quite physical. The Saints tried to pick on him early and gave up after only scoring seven points in the first half. He's not perfect, but no rookie cornerback is. Especially one drafted in the fifth round. His game actually reminds me quite a bit of Fuller's.

This is perhaps not quite a foundational guy to build around but its definitely not outside the realm of reasonable possibility that he develops into being a very adequately priced good starter at a premium position. When its all said and done if he really maximizes this early potential he's shown he could be one of those legendary types of late-round steals.
This reminds me of when Bryce Callahan started looking good towards the end of his rookie year. Could definitely have a roll on this team.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I agree on Vildor being a potential player. He is a 5th rd pick from a small school playing one of the hardest positions in the NFL. Superstar? No. Decent starter who can develop into more? Yes.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's a good tackler against WRs. At SS he'd get trucked. He's like 185. If he matures he's Fuller's replacement.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He should have the inside track at NB once Skrine is cut.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a good tackler against WRs. At SS he'd get trucked. He's like 185. If he matures he's Fuller's replacement.
He could put on mass, I was semi-joking . Kevin Byard for reference is 5'11 / 214. Vildor is listed 5'10 / 190

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
He should have the inside track at NB once Skrine is cut.
I think this is the role he is competing for next year. I'm not sure I see outside for him yet, but I liked what he showed yesterday.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He could put on mass, I was semi-joking . Kevin Byard for reference is 5'11 / 214. Vildor is listed 5'10 / 190
ESPN had him at 5'11 183.

I think he's going to at worst be a really nice backup outside CB. Looks like he has some flexibility for the slot too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Duke Shelley Doesn't.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Vildor and Shelley played their hearts out. Good picks. Hopefully one can replace Skrine, who Nagy hand picked from what it sounded like