Kindle Vildor will have a better year in 2022

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realized he played poorly at times last year, but as a former receiver who pays a lot of attention to downfield action, #22 has an ability that is difficult to teach. Quite simply, he can run with receivers. He's not typically 5 yards away from a receiver when they make a catch. He's usually within a yard and doesn't get his head turned around in time or doesn't play the ball properly. Basically what he lacks is the ability to properly finish a play. I believe that with coaching and in a cover-two he will rebound.

HershelBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Purdue Boilermakers
He should play better do to the simple fact that he won't be forced into a starting role. He started 12 games last year. Last season he was put into some tough situations. He'll come off the bench this year, fresh and ready to prove something ??

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My favorite thing about Kindle Vildor, is that there were a lot of times that he was actually in a good position to make a play. But then he'd completely shit his pants when it came time to make that play. Maybe that will get better? ?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Or maybe he's another 5th round pick that will go into obscurity and be cut in August sometime that bears fans overinflate his actual value.

The bears aren't planning for this guy to be anything other than a ST guy and a backup, so let's adjust expectations. He's got to beat out/join one of Duke Shelly, Michael Joseph, Thomas Graham, DHC, and a ton of rookies as backup DBs/ST.

I like Graham and DHC out of the 4, I'm rooting for the rookie from Tulane with the best name, BoPete Keyes. Maybe Vildor shows something, as Joseph and Shelly both looked to be equal with him/having some really shitty performances with a couple of flashes. Odds are he probably won't.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Agree with OP. He gets in good position but is incapable of making a play on the ball. Hopefully with experience his anticipation will improve.

Still, he had a horrible QB rating given up against him. Maybe at best he becomes a NB or a backup corner. I don't know if somebody with that horrible ball awareness ever becomes anything more than a backup or replacement level player.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I believe I read that the Bears ran more man coverage than any team in the league last year. Vildor is probably as pure of a zone CB as the Bears have on this team. The Bears now will presumably be zone heavy on D, so he should naturally feel more comfortable in the scheme.

Like was said, hopefully he doesn't have to play much. He's best as a 4th/5th CB instead of a starter on the outside. If he does play, it likely means injuries to one of the top guys. And like was also said, he was in good position most of the time in man coverage. He just doesn't have the height or length to contest big receivers on the outside. Him being in great position on Friermuth a couple times in the Steelers game sticks out. But he had 0 chance against a 6'5" TE to disrupt the pass. He's probably never going to be a full-time starter for the Bears again, but I think he can give them some good dime reps or spot starts if necessary, which is fine for a 5th round pick.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Oh… we’re doing this again.
Yes. We are talking about Chicago Bears football players on a Chicago Bears message board.

Its a novel idea as of late but historically it used to happen quite often.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes. We are talking about Chicago Bears football players on a Chicago Bears message board.

No, we're doing that thing where dumb fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for absolutely anything to hype up another bad player and deflecting all of his failures on coaching.

But hey, the guy who peaked in high school thinks he has some sort of rare trait, so lets run it.

The kool-aide has extra meth in it today.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

I cant imagine any player that I'd rather talk about less than kindle vildor. I'd rather even discuss finke, at least a reporter has mentioned his name this offseason and he didn't have a historically terrible year last year. Vildor will be lucky to make the team

msadows

Liked Posts:
I cant imagine any player that I'd rather talk about less than kindle vildor. I'd rather even discuss finke, at least a reporter has mentioned his name this offseason and he didn't have a historically terrible year last year. Vildor will be lucky to make the team

You mean you aren't excited to talk about a player who allowed a 136 QB rating against on 59 targets?

Dude could make Josh Rosen look like a pro bowler.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Don't clutter up the new posts page with your battered wife syndrome.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it's all coaching.
All I'm saying is, it is much harder to teach someone to run and cover than it is to teach them proper technique at the end of the route. If you don't agree? Cool... resurrect this thread down the line and enjoy your victory parade if I'm wrong. If I'm right, then the Bears have a couple of players in the secondary they can build on ?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vildor has the speed you'd like to see out of a slot corner, but more times than not, not the skill to keep up in the man to man slot corner situations. We all know he's not going to be the 1 or the 2 next season, so it's slot Dime cover guy, or do something on special teams. Otherwise it's very likely he is going to be cut. He'd have to REALLY impress as a slot guy to pull the guys ahead of him. Not impossible just very unlikely. However the OP is right. Vildor was nearly there on many plays, and it many times it was either a mental breakdown, and sometimes even just a great thrown ball. And even at times he was just too short. Same issue JJ would have or any DB last year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
All I'm saying is, it is much harder to teach someone to run and cover than it is to teach them proper technique at the end of the route. If you don't agree? Cool... resurrect this thread down the line and enjoy your victory parade if I'm wrong. If I'm right, then the Bears have a couple of players in the secondary they can build on ?
All I'm saying is there was a tweet about how JJ isn't that great because he's played well in a system that catered to him and now this new system won't. This all despite the fact that a top 5 WR in the game said JJ was great. Now we have this thread where we're again talking about how the system didn't favor Vildor, but this one will.

What are we doing here? I'm far from a CB expert, but if you're telling me Vildor ever came close to passing the eye test then I don't know what you were watching.