Kirby Dach to miss 4-5 months

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I guess the zig zag hand that was posted on Twitter actually was his.

Ain't that a kick in the head.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for him to come back. Was looking forward to watching him and Kaner together all year

Hawksfaninbuff

Liked Posts:
This team is screwed this year and not looking good going forward in the future. Gonna be lucky to win 15 games this year. No dach, no goalie, and no def....Thanks Management and your lucky no fans will be allowed in because there wouldnt be any anyways. Kane, toews and keith deserve better. Btw..colliton is not the right coach for this team, he is in over his head.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for him to come back. Was looking forward to watching him and Kaner together all year

Same here. He was one of the few bright spots to look forward to watching develop.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'll tank this year for Owen Power.

Just sayin

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This hurts, I was expecting a breakthrough year for Dach, 4-5 months is only the beginning of a long rehab for the kid. Hopefully this does not affect his entire career. A traumatic injury like this could be detrimental for years to come.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This team is screwed this year and not looking good going forward in the future. Gonna be lucky to win 15 games this year. No dach, no goalie, and no def....Thanks Management and your lucky no fans will be allowed in because there wouldnt be any anyways. Kane, toews and keith deserve better. Btw..colliton is not the right coach for this team, he is in over his head.
Welcome to the boards, The philosophy of the team is in limbo, the organization is a mess and all fingers point to Rocky and Stan. Poor trades, reaching in the draft for players who in there own right may be talented but unfortunately not what the team needs, running the salary cap through the roof and bringing in a coach who is unqualified for the position is why the Hawks will be competing for top draft picks for years to come. The brown bags will be coming out soon.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta say this one hurts more than the others.

This may be unpopular...but we know that we have in Toews--and losing him doesn't really affect Toews' development. He's already on the wrong side of 30.

Nylander already showed that he needs a heart transplant. I don't see it happening (although I've been wrong before). He failed to bring it for the playoffs so I have no real faith he'll develop.

Dach, on the other hand, improved and upped his game for the playoffs and was doing everything right. Now his development is at best paused, at worst stunted (and I'm so hoping for the former. This would have been a good case for added responsibilities for him, and whack.

Even though I'm glad he got some WCJ exposure...this stings. I hope he heals quickly and completely and comes back looking to take off where he left off.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I gotta say this one hurts more than the others.

This may be unpopular...but we know that we have in Toews--and losing him doesn't really affect Toews' development. He's already on the wrong side of 30.

Nylander already showed that he needs a heart transplant. I don't see it happening (although I've been wrong before). He failed to bring it for the playoffs so I have no real faith he'll develop.

Dach, on the other hand, improved and upped his game for the playoffs and was doing everything right. Now his development is at best paused, at worst stunted (and I'm so hoping for the former. This would have been a good case for added responsibilities for him, and whack.

Even though I'm glad he got some WCJ exposure...this stings. I hope he heals quickly and completely and comes back looking to take off where he left off.

I won't miss Nylander. Granted, he is technically a top-six option, but he shouldn't be. He sort of reminds me of Stalberg without the speed.

Losing Dach sucks for a multitude of reasons. This is why I don't like sending players to tournaments. I won't hang Stan for giving in, but I won't absolve him either. This is the absolute future face of the franchise. You knew this could happen, so you gambled anyway, and lost -- horrfically. It's just another horrible decision by a terrible GM -- perhaps I'd be inclined to let it slide if there weren't already so many horrible decisions that occurred beforehand.

Daneyko (if I remember right) made a good point on the NHL Network: Dach already proved himself in the playoffs this past year. Stan really didn't need to send Dach to the WJC, as Dach already solidified himself as an NHL player and gained valuable experience in the NHL playoffs. I'm sure Dach lobbied to go, but still, you have to make the hard decision as a GM for the good of the franchise.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I won't miss Nylander. Granted, he is technically a top-six option, but he shouldn't be. He sort of reminds me of Stalberg without the speed.

Losing Dach sucks for a multitude of reasons. This is why I don't like sending players to tournaments. I won't hang Stan for giving in, but I won't absolve him either. This is the absolute future face of the franchise. You knew this could happen, so you gambled anyway, and lost -- horrfically. It's just another horrible decision by a terrible GM -- perhaps I'd be inclined to let it slide if there weren't already so many horrible decisions that occurred beforehand.

Daneyko (if I remember right) made a good point on the NHL Network: Dach already proved himself in the playoffs this past year. Stan really didn't need to send Dach to the WJC, as Dach already solidified himself as an NHL player and gained valuable experience in the NHL playoffs. I'm sure Dach lobbied to go, but still, you have to make the hard decision as a GM for the good of the franchise.
Dach lobbied to go for the sole reason, there was zero info being released on if or if not there was going to be a season. I understand why he wanted to go, his development at this moment in his career is what he was focusing on, if that be the world juniors or possibly the Hawks, the kid loves the sport wanted to compete and did as such. Now, this is exactly what I posted in the same thread, sending him to play could result in an injury and of Course it did, as why majority of GMs are against it, but in Stan’s case if the NHL was alive and well he wouldn’t have went. It’s just the way 2020 has been going. All we can do is hope the injury does not have severe consequences down the road with the way he plays. The kid is a beast and as of right now the sole shinning light in this franchise.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He could have still gotten injured playing in the NHL though and in the same way. Hell, didn't Mitchell blindside Toews very early in his career and put him out with a concussion for a few weeks? Toews still turned out fine in the long run.

I have no problems with players playing in these tournaments if they wish to do so. Sure, they could be injured, but it's not like the 'hawks were going anywhere this season even with Dach and even Toews.

Granada

Liked Posts:
He could have still gotten injured playing in the NHL though and in the same way. Hell, didn't Mitchell blindside Toews very early in his career and put him out with a concussion for a few weeks? Toews still turned out fine in the long run.

I have no problems with players playing in these tournaments if they wish to do so. Sure, they could be injured, but it's not like the 'hawks were going anywhere this season even with Dach and even Toews.

Whether or not the Hawks were going anywhere this year is irrelevant. Dach's injury is extremely detrimental to his own development as a top-six player in general. This was going to be a huge year for him personally, and just delays his development, which is a delay no one can afford.

It was unnecessary to play him in the WJC. He gained much more valuable experience in the NHL playoffs last year than he would have playing Juniors on a stacked Canada team that hasn't missed one single beat in his absence anyways. It's just silly to me, and it could have easily been avoided.

If he gets injured in the NHL, so be it; but this didn't need to happen now.