hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is exactly why nhl teams don’t lend there players to the junior squad after they have made there transition to the pro team. Not only does this hurt his development it’s hurts the Hawks. Dach looked like he was making his way in last seasons playoffs and now, the team risks the chance of losing one of there future stars to begin the season.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The significance of a wrist injury could affect a player for some time, even hinder his entire career, if not healed correctly. I feel for the kid and the Hawks, let’s keep our fingers crossed. This tournament was supposed to put him in the spotlight, but now all we can do is hope for the best.
The same thing happened when we sent him up to the prospect tourney last year. Every kid his age wants a shot at him, he is the measuring stick of his age group, the alpha 19.

I'm gonna hope on his age being the biggest key to putting this break behind him eventually, heal back with super strength. He's a green 19 so that helps some.

2020 doesn't matter without a goaltender.

We are probably one great player picking up an injury away from a very successful tank. I hope the lottery picks are good this year.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The same thing happened when we sent him up to the prospect tourney last year. Every kid his age wants a shot at him, he is the measuring stick of his age group, the alpha 19.

I'm gonna hope on his age being the biggest key to putting this break behind him eventually, heal back with super strength. He's a green 19 so that helps some.

2020 doesn't matter without a goaltender.

We are probably one great player picking up an injury away from a very successful tank. I hope the lottery picks are good this year.
Yeah he got concussed in that rookie tourney and teams were runnin' him like this.....

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Watching the play it looked like his wrist snapped, took his glove off to a lump hand. Not good.

And Askarov was a beast. Looked average and even aloof in the game against the US, but he's clearly so much better then everyone else in the tourney.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching the play it looked like his wrist snapped, took his glove off to a lump hand. Not good.

And Askarov was a beast. Looked average and even aloof in the game against the US, but he's clearly so much better then everyone else in the tourney.
The big Russian tender looked as athletic and quick as advertised and he'll be a real beast when he cleans up his rebound control. I thought his interaction with opposing forwards in front of the net when his D-man had the puck behind it was interesting.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds like a compound fracture, restructured wrist, etc. Very bad.

Damn. I hope for 100% recovery and mobility. Maybe it will give him some kind of superpower to have a club hand.

If they rebuild it properly his age has a chance to fuse extra strong reinforced bone at the site. Could be 2 years before he looks healed on offense again.

I suspect we will see him in 10 months, and his offensive skills will have to be relearned with a limitation.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to beat a dead horse, but this is why you take the BPA in hockey and don't try to slot a LW in the first with a top 5 pick center faller available just because you feel great about center already.

That Rachel pick is going to urk me for years and be the downfall of Stan and his incompetent "brain trust."

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to beat a dead horse, but this is why you take the BPA in hockey and don't try to slot a LW in the first with a top 5 pick center faller available just because you feel great about center already.

That Rachel pick is going to urk me for years and be the downfall of Stan and his incompetent "brain trust."
We gotta ask ourselves if a team ever has enough small Euros? Seriously!
The 178lb Wallmark,the 176lb Pius Suter and a 172lb Chalupa could all join the 1st round pick 170lb '3rd Reichel'(LOL) on this year's roster.
Add in the 165lb D-Cat,the 177lb Kane,the 179lb Kubalik,the 168lb Beaudin,the 173lb Mitchell and the 179lb Boqvist and we'll find out how small a team can get and still attempt to compete in a league where the average player weighs 205lbs!
There's another nine players on the extended roster at sub 190 which is still 25lbs under league average......we better be fast or the team can just hide behind Zadorov all year.

edit: This is the team's 'In the system' roster of prospects.....
Blackhawks Prospects - Chicago Blackhawks - Prospects/In The System (nhl.com)

The lack of size is startling here too!

Last edited:

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The big Russian tender looked as athletic and quick as advertised and he'll be a real beast when he cleans up his rebound control. I thought his interaction with opposing forwards in front of the net when his D-man had the puck behind it was interesting.
I agree. His rebound game is bad, but he has elite quickness for somebody that big.

He was a wall against canada, but let in a couple softies against the US kids. There's alot of Hasek in his game tho

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Reichel was a good pick. If they don't rush him and let him develop he will be a steal.

Give him time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 178lb Wallmark,the 176lb Pius Suter and a 172lb Chalupa could all join the 1st round pick 170lb '3rd Reichel'(LOL) on this year's roster.
Add in the 165lb D-Cat,the 177lb Kane,the 179lb Kubalik,the 168lb Beaudin,the 173lb Mitchell and the 179lb Boqvist and we'll find out how small a team can get and still attempt to compete in a league where the average player weighs 205lbs!
There's another nine players on the extended roster at sub 190 which is still 25lbs under league average......we better be fast or the team can just hide behind Zadorov all year.

Jesus....I could fucking wreck everyone on the team bus at once while in a straight jacket.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Ok bro.

Wanna bet? I would put alot on it being otherwise. He's a talented german kid and he's in over his head. He has no business being selected over a top pedigree Canadian...either of the two actually...offense or a power defender we had our pick...we will see in 3 years but I already know I'm right. Wanna know how I know?
I'm listening

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm listening
Pond hockey.

Allie hockey.

Street hockey.

Hockey in Physical Education.

Pond hockey with the neighbors. Pond hockey against the rival gang 3 blocks over. Hockey leagues against the best athletes in your country.

Being from a hockey country matters in becoming against top competition and not a few niche elites who can afford an expensive hobby. In Canaada everyone plays hockey and that ends up mattering.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Pond hockey.

Allie hockey.

Street hockey.

Hockey in Physical Education.

Pond hockey with the neighbors. Pond hockey against the rival gang 3 blocks over. Hockey leagues against the best athletes in your country.

Being from a hockey country matters in becoming against top competition and not a few niche elites who can afford an expensive hobby. In Canaada everyone plays hockey and that ends up mattering.
Leon Draisaitl

Anze Kopitar

And......go

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Barring some sort of internal data informing the front office that drafting small players that can play is cheaper than acquiring them, and acquiring big players later in career is cheaper than hunting and searching for the ones that can play...

like maybe it is not equivilent and the Hawks think they are onto something? I try to stay open-minded.

My jaded cynical side wants to chide Bowman for his self serving hunt to prove little people are men too. And they just don't get it and it will take 10 years to fix the damage in Bowmans wake.

Do they not see that the league adjusted to us like almost 5 years ago or more? They adjusted to us when we weren't an anomaly in 2013, and then the Lightning followed it up.

So over time...now Dallas/Avalanche/Blues/Wild and former adverseries that learned how to beat us like the Kings/Anaheim...

all those fucking teams are young and fast and big and strong and built specifically to kick our ass all over the ice and take things from us, not let us play our skill game.

The Bruins and the Lightning are still the model of how to combat this effect, BALANCE.

You have to go 8 bit Nintendo style and balance ogres with elves. The Lightning can still play like that because they are fortified with monsters that will fuck you in your ass.
The Bruins can still play like that because they were fortified with monsters that can fuck you in your ass and their superstars happen to be alot more athletic and tough than ours. Like their skill guys are also grunt ogres...fucking Marchand. Every man that ever competed with him will send him coal during the holidays for a century. He is a very naughty boy.

But the point remains whatever the Hawks are doing is team suicide. We have totally lost a war of attrition and are just getting teed off on and the little guys aren't even able to develop anymore while they experience bullying and shell shock by a passive ass bitch ass team that knows they can't even fight back and just put their head down and keep playing a different game than the one being played in the NHL?

What the fuck?!!

JC and Bowman your euro midget zombie army is not going to dig the puck out of the goddamn corner and stop this man!! GEt it together your analytics department lacks common sense. You guys are a shit show!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Barring some sort of internal data informing the front office that drafting small players that can play is cheaper than acquiring them, and acquiring big players later in career is cheaper than hunting and searching for the ones that can play...

like maybe it is not equivilent and the Hawks think they are onto something? I try to stay open-minded.

My jaded cynical side wants to chide Bowman for his self serving hunt to prove little people are men too. And they just don't get it and it will take 10 years to fix the damage in Bowmans wake.

Do they not see that the league adjusted to us like almost 5 years ago or more? They adjusted to us when we weren't an anomaly in 2013, and then the Lightning followed it up.

So over time...now Dallas/Avalanche/Blues/Wild and former adverseries that learned how to beat us like the Kings/Anaheim...

all those fucking teams are young and fast and big and strong and built specifically to kick our ass all over the ice and take things from us, not let us play our skill game.

The Bruins and the Lightning are still the model of how to combat this effect, BALANCE.

You have to go 8 bit Nintendo style and balance ogres with elves. The Lightning can still play like that because they are fortified with monsters that will fuck you in your ass.
The Bruins can still play like that because they were fortified with monsters that can fuck you in your ass and their superstars happen to be alot more athletic and tough than ours. Like their skill guys are also grunt ogres...fucking Marchand. Every man that ever competed with him will send him coal during the holidays for a century. He is a very naughty boy.

But the point remains whatever the Hawks are doing is team suicide. We have totally lost a war of attrition and are just getting teed off on and the little guys aren't even able to develop anymore while they experience bullying and shell shock by a passive ass bitch ass team that knows they can't even fight back and just put their head down and keep playing a different game than the one being played in the NHL?

What the fuck?!!

JC and Bowman your euro midget zombie army is not going to dig the puck out of the goddamn corner and stop this man!! GEt it together your analytics department lacks common sense. You guys are a shit show!
I dunno about the butt sex references(LOL)but I pretty much agree with the rest.
'First to the puck' has been the team mantra and speed is certainly a much needed ingredient in today's game but the NHL franchise in Chicago seems to think only small guys are fast even though most of the game's best players are right around that 6'1"/205lbs league average. Big players are fast these days too but as you mentioned......adding size for this team is an afterthought. They brought in Zadorov for size but they also added a few more middle weights.