Kirk Cousins is NOW 0-8 on MNF

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
everybody just join and get back into this fight..we can blast the bears when they're actually done for.

Fight isn't with you; it's with owners for hiring discount GM who picked a QB who needed to sit for a while and is learning way too slowly (if at all) and a trendy young offense coach because it's the current NFL fad and even if we go on a run, all that will still be true. I don't want to take any wind out of your sails though, so cheer them on and more power to ya. Some of us can't get hyped yet; it would take far more than what has happened so far.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
My man the 49ers and Seahawks play that. That’s not being flexed

My bud, you are right. If they both keep tied then that division game stays at Sunday night. CHI vs. MIN would be for 2nd and even if they were vying for the North itself, no TV programmer in his right mind flexes out SF and SEA for Mitch's up-and-down and Cousins who trends downward in national night games. No way.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
I said embarrassed, not blown out.

Mitch playing like a turd, the defense playing good, but not dominant, Nagy being Nagy. Against a playoff caliber team....it would be embarrassing.

Edit: I guess they would have to win out to get in, so maybe not....but I can’t see them winning out.
Go away

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Stop doing this to yourselves. The Bears aren't making the playoffs.
Almost no chance. If 8-8 was good enough I'd be more excited.

Even if the Bears win out, they'll need help, it's ridiculous.

greg23

Liked Posts:
My man the 49ers and Seahawks play that. That’s not being flexed

There is no game scheduled yet for Sunday night football.

If its bears vs queens winner take all or chickens vs niners for seeding; no doubt nbc chooses bears v queens

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, if you remember from last year, what they do now is make all the teams that have playoff impact on the last week take place at the same time. This way no team has an advantage of waiting to see how somebody else does first.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost no chance. If 8-8 was good enough I'd be more excited.

Even if the Bears win out, they'll need help, it's ridiculous.

And that assumes that Nagy & MT have figured out how to run an offense. One good game here and there won't get them to winning out. It also assumes Nagy has figured out how to call a game and I don't have a lot of confidence in Matt Nagy.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The butthurt Vikings fans up here blaming shit on officiating is priceless.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cousins was good yesterday. Much is written about him being 0-8, but many of those losses came with Washington who have a horrible record overall.

I'm not a fan of wins/losses just becoming a QB stat. I agree that the position typically has a larger impact of the outcome, but it's not like any single QB accounted for more than 30% of the overall result. Just looking at offense, which is 1/3 of the game, he still needs blocking, receivers running routes and timely plays being called. In short, all QBs need other people to make plays, so it's hard to assign wins/losses to a single player.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Cousins was good yesterday. Much is written about him being 0-8, but many of those losses came with Washington who have a horrible record overall.

I'm not a fan of wins/losses just becoming a QB stat. I agree that the position typically has a larger impact of the outcome, but it's not like any single QB accounted for more than 30% of the overall result. Just looking at offense, which is 1/3 of the game, he still needs blocking, receivers running routes and timely plays being called. In short, all QBs need other people to make plays, so it's hard to assign wins/losses to a single player.
Offense is more than 1/3 of the game. For starters, STs is definitely not an equal weight to offense and defense. And given the modern NFL, offense is definitely weighted higher than defense given the nature of the rules.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cousins looked pretty good...although there is the common theme of him being a bumslayer.
Which I agree with...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Offense is more than 1/3 of the game. For starters, STs is definitely not an equal weight to offense and defense. And given the modern NFL, offense is definitely weighted higher than defense given the nature of the rules.

Okay fine. Let's say offense is 50% of the outcome. Is that all on the QB? The playcaller, OL, WRs, RBs and TEs are just there watching the QB play? Probably not. Peyton Manning, who in his prime was ahead of the game in terms of doing things pre-snap, might have been responsible for 30% of the win/loss outcome. Current QBs like Goff who get audibles in their head set might account for 10-15%?

Anyway, the specific percentages can be debated, but those details don't matter too much. IMHO wins/losses is not a stat that should be attributed to an individual. It's a team game and no one person single handedly wins or loses the game. Looking at yesterday's game Kirk was good enough to have them win that game. Sure he could have made a few more plays, but overall he was good.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Okay fine. Let's say offense is 50% of the outcome. Is that all on the QB? The playcaller, OL, WRs, RBs and TEs are just there watching the QB play? Probably not. Peyton Manning, who in his prime was ahead of the game in terms of doing things pre-snap, might have been responsible for 30% of the win/loss outcome. Current QBs like Goff who get audibles in their head set might account for 10-15%?

Anyway, the specific percentages can be debated, but those details don't matter too much. IMHO wins/losses is not a stat that should be attributed to an individual. It's a team game and no one person single handedly wins or loses the game. Looking at yesterday's game Kirk was good enough to have them win that game. Sure he could have made a few more plays, but overall he was good.
Yes. of course. Football is a true team sport. But the QB is the fulcrum position at which the team teeters around the most. Cousins played well last night, and has been on a pretty good playing streak as of late. But the narrative he has to shake is playing well under pressure, whether that be in the fourth quarter playing from behind or in the back stretch of a playoff run for the season.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These losses are crazy.... why must Bears fans must be cursed with hope after all that has happened... then at the end of the year people will talk about the Games we could have won wk 1 against the pack, the raiders... the missed kick with the the Chargers... God....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yes. of course. Football is a true team sport. But the QB is the fulcrum position at which the team teeters around the most. Cousins played well last night, and has been on a pretty good playing streak as of late. But the narrative he has to shake is playing well under pressure, whether that be in the fourth quarter playing from behind or in the back stretch of a playoff run for the season.
I'd agree that a QB is fairly important and the pure amount that the football touches their hands puts them in the unique position that they can single handedly lose the game, but that doesn't mean they should be given a win. Hell, you are Bears fans. How many lack-luster QBs have you had that have been accumulating 'wins'? Here's my Bears list:

2001 - Jim Miller 'won' 11 games
2005 - Kyle Orton 'won' 10 games
2006 - Rex Grossman 'won' 13 games
2018 - Mitch Trubisky 'won' 12 games

None of those QBs won anything. They were part of a team that won games.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd agree that a QB is fairly important and the pure amount that the football touches their hands puts them in the unique position that they can single handedly lose the game, but that doesn't mean they should be given a win. Hell, you are Bears fans. How many lack-luster QBs have you had that have been accumulating 'wins'? Here's my Bears list:

2001 - Jim Miller 'won' 11 games
2005 - Kyle Orton 'won' 10 games
2006 - Rex Grossman 'won' 13 games
2018 - Mitch Trubisky 'won' 12 games

None of those QBs won anything. They were part of a team that won games.
Agreed, but we all know how they played in most of those games. Yes, Cousins played well last night, but that just doesn't erase the fact that we've seen him shit the bed in big games before. He has that reputation because of his play imo, not because his teams were particularly bad (even when they were).