Kmet Advanced Stats..

napo55

Liked Posts:
He wasn't drafted too high if someone else was going to take him and its a huge need for the Bears...

By your logic Mahomes was drafted way too high because he barely had any stats year one....
Are you sure you want to go with this comparison?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen Kmet get open down field really.....He is dangerous on short stuff and it takes a bit to tackle him.

He's got decent hands.

Right now his greatest value seems to be getting to the first down marker and forcing a team to swarm to stop him...

napo55

Liked Posts:
just following your logic
Not at all. Mahomes was a super dynamic player in college. Kmet never showed big play potential. Therefore, Mahomes was a good choice. Not so for Kmet so early in the draft.
So maybe we need to just agree to disagree.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The Bears can build around Kmet, Monty and Mooney.

Come fight me.
We just need the O line to get a little more meatbally and the QB to hit open targets.... Then we gud like the dishes from a fine dining restaurant at an undisclosed location in cloud city!

• Haha
Reactions: DC

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not at all. Mahomes was a super dynamic player in college. Kmet never showed big play potential. Therefore, Mahomes was a good choice. Not so for Kmet so early in the draft.
So maybe we need to just agree to disagree.
We won’t agree on this, that’s ok

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen Kmet get open down field really.....He is dangerous on short stuff and it takes a bit to tackle him.

He's got decent hands.

Right now his greatest value seems to be getting to the first down marker and forcing a team to swarm to stop him...

I recall him getting wiiide open downfield for a sure TD and Mitch overthrew him. Also recall a play downfield on the left sideline where he had a very nice catch on a jump ball. He has skills. A QB would help as would a play caller who knows wtf they’re doing

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall him getting wiiide open downfield for a sure TD and Mitch overthrew him. Also recall a play downfield on the left sideline where he had a very nice catch on a jump ball. He has skills. A QB would help as would a play caller who knows wtf they’re doing
He had a few plays down the field. He also did well when he was targeted in the end zone. I don’t think we’ve seen his max yet. Obviously Graham took a ton of reps at the TE position.

my guess is that they limited Kmet’s responsibilities. I expect he will see more routes and responsibilities next year.
I hope they use him downfield more because he has good hands and decent speed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The 2nd play you reference is at 50 seconds above. He is pretty well covered but plays the ball better than the defender. That defender is Justin Hollins who is an Edge player not a coverage LB. He rushed the passer 164 times and dropped into coverage on 77 times.

So wouldn't put much stock into that. He may catch the occasional deep pass by outjumping a defender but really doesn't have the skills IMO to consistently beat guys deep. He couldn't even really get away from an Edge player much less a coverage LB like a Fred Warner or Bobby Wagner.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He may catch the occasional deep pass by outjumping a defender but really doesn't have the skills IMO to consistently beat guys deep.

Fair enough for debate, but I think you are comparing him to a flex TE instead of an inline TE. Is he dynamic for a Flex TE? Maybe not, but that isn't his position. The numbers suggest he is dynamic, or at least has that ability, relative to an inline TE.

His separation numbers are up there with the more athletic TEs in the league.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I don’t recall anybody billing him as a real nasty receiving threat when he was drafted, more of an all around guy who could contribute quickly. And that’s what we got.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Kittle and Tonyan comparisons don't really line up for me. Both those guys are quite a bit smaller and both were under utilized in their respective programs/schools (imagine having Kittle in college and in 25 games he only had 48 receptions?).

For me when I look at Kmet I see some Gronk. At this time he's far from being that good as a blocker, but the strides he's made suggest it's possible. Remember, that was a large knock on him in the draft. From a height/weight/speed perspective they are very close:

Gronk
Height: 78.25 inches
Weight: 258 pounds
BMI: 30.34
Arm Length: 34.25 inches
Hand Size: 10.75 inches
Wingspan: (N/A) inches
40 Yard Dash: 4.68 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 17.48 (MPH)

Kmet
Height: 77.6 inches
Weight: 262 pounds
BMI: 31.33
Arm Length: 33.00 inches
Hand Size: 10.50 inches
40 Yard Dash: 4.70 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 17.41 (MPH)

The both win in similar ways. They can settle down in zone coverage and have a big catch radius. They aren't running away from anyone, but when they have the ball in their hands they are a 260 lb man in a secondary that's a lot smaller.

I'd add, Gronk was only targetted over 100 times four times in his career. He's not a high volume guy, but rather an efficient, splash producer who was a red zone hog (86 TDs in 131 games is just stupid for a TE). In 871 targets he got 86 TDs. He scored a TE on 10% of his TARGETS. Just to compare, Randy Moss had 156 TDs with 1741 targets.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough for debate, but I think you are comparing him to a flex TE instead of an inline TE. Is he dynamic for a Flex TE? Maybe not, but that isn't his position. The numbers suggest he is dynamic, or at least has that ability, relative to an inline TE.

His separation numbers are up there with the more athletic TEs in the league.

I am comparing him to TEs period. The flex vs inline designation is not relevant to me.

But if you want to stick to the inline designation then I simply would not draft an inline TE who cant produce splash plays in the 2nd. You can get inline TEs much later in the draft.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

The 2nd play you reference is at 50 seconds above. He is pretty well covered but plays the ball better than the defender. That defender is Justin Hollins who is an Edge player not a coverage LB. He rushed the passer 164 times and dropped into coverage on 77 times.

So wouldn't put much stock into that. He may catch the occasional deep pass by outjumping a defender but really doesn't have the skills IMO to consistently beat guys deep. He couldn't even really get away from an Edge player much less a coverage LB like a Fred Warner or Bobby Wagner.
There was that one play against the Jags where Kmet was wide open for a 50+ yard touchdown but of course 4M overthrew him.