Knowledge > Narrative

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope, I've maintained all along that I was speaking specifically to the game where Mahomes faced that A gap pressure all night long. The end result was roughly 5 yards per attempt, 2 interceptions, 2 fumbles, and 3 field goals.

You act as though I'm cherry picking games just based on stats alone. I mentioned this game specifically because of the constant pressure melting the quarterback.

This would be the same for any quarterback including Manning, Brady, or [Insert any HOF qb here].
our whole interaction was because you brought up Mahomes year 2.. and thats what I replied to and laughed at.. here lets remind you..

Receivers are not getting open and Mahomes had trouble taking what the defense gives him into his second season. Held onto the ball too long and the super bowl against TB was a perfect example of this.

It doesn't matter who the QB is if you have A gap pressure all day and the receivers are not getting open. Is this really a hard concept?

It's easy to be a couch potato boomer and say what he should have done while pausing the all 22 tape.

And you are cherry picking stats. Mahomes bad game is the exception to the rule.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ShOuLdA gOt RiD oF tHe bAlL fAsTeR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. The idiots who keep saying that are looking dumber and dumber for continuing to chant it.

Doesn't mean Fields doesn't need to speed things up some times.

But our dumb fans take something someone said once in the media, and then think it applies to each and every situation, which allows them to bypass this thing called "thinking" and just parrot the same bullshit over and over.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Exactly. It's pretty obvious that idiots have certain unconscious biases against Fields, though I can't figure out what those biases are. If it were someone like Mac Jones, T Law, or Wilson failing on this Bears team, you can bet that they'd be preaching patience and talking about the need for upgraded offensive line and weapons before we can make a determination, much like with Mitch Trubisky.

Coward. Just say it out loud.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But our dumb fans take something someone said once in the media, and then think it applies to each and every situation, which allows them to bypass this thing called "thinking" and just parrot the same bullshit over and over.
Physician, heal thyself. Maybe lose some weight while you're at it

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Exactly. It's pretty obvious that idiots have certain unconscious biases against Fields, though I can't figure out what those biases are. If it were someone like Mac Jones, T Law, or Wilson failing on this Bears team, you can bet that they'd be preaching patience and talking about the need for upgraded offensive line and weapons before we can make a determination, much like with Mitch Trubisky.
there is nothing "unconscious" about the Bias against Fields. We are all biased against shitty QB play, the fact that you "cant figure that out" comes as no surprise.. And Mitch got torn apart by lots of posters, and the thing is Mitch has massively outplayed Fields so even that is a fail of a comparison

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
there is nothing "unconscious" about the Bias against Fields. We are all biased against shitty QB play, the fact that you "cant figure that out" comes as no surprise.. And Mitch got torn apart by lots of posters, and the thing is Mitch has massively outplayed Fields so even that is a fail of a comparison
If you're saying that Mitch is a better QB than JF, then you truly are delusional. Mitch had better weapons and a better o line.

The scrap heap that we have now is a result of Pace's gross mismanagement of the roster and the cap. I'll defer full judgement on the QB until they put an actual NFL offense around him.

If this is hard for you to understand then I would suggest watching a different sport.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Others have already said it out loud. Just watch the first part of this podcast.

Yeah, ignore Baba. He's calling people out, name calling, and yet acting like he has the logical high ground. All he's really showing is he has a screw loose.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you're saying that Mitch is a better QB than JF, then you truly are delusional. Mitch had better weapons and a better o line.

The scrap heap that we have now is a result of Pace's gross mismanagement of the roster and the cap. I'll defer full judgement on the QB until they put an actual NFL offense around him.

If this is hard for you to understand then I would suggest watching a different sport.

Mitch just got benched. Mitch never had JFs downfield accuracy.

Its a special kind of stupid to keep capping for Mitch. And yet Baba pretends there's no one clamoring for Mitch....

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
I think if you put this version of Fields on the 2018 Bears, Fields could probably give you a reasonable facsimile of the "Pro Bowl" numbers Mitch up that year.

We never really saw Mitch with a supporting cast as thin and non-existent as Fields has to deal with this year. They share many of the same weaknesses, though Fields has much more upside and "hope-ability" from his deep ball and running ability alone.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the all 22 for each game except for the monsoon game. Slow day at work. Hehe are my thoughts fwiw:

Play calling is mostly balanced . Rz is pretty bad, I’m sure they’re aware

Kmet is bad. I don’t see the plus blocking, I didn’t watch the run plays though so maybe he’s value there. He slows down in his routes and is soft pass blocking.

EQ is getting open. Mooney too, he is struggling though against better corners.

Herbert is terrible outside of running. Useless.

Fields. He is hesitant at times, more than I’d like but that is very fixable. He is also locking on to one side of the field, not necessarily progressions. That could be a thing they’re telling him to do to slow it down for him, idk.

He has made a few wow throws, one per game. He has done some very brainy things this year, against the packers he caught them lulling on defense and made a 20 yard completion to griffin. Against the Texans he caught them with 12 men on the field, he also had a ridiculous throw against them. He made a wow throw against the giants.

I think the stats are pretty close to accurate, seems like 50% of the time he is dealing with pressure of some sort.

He needs to trust the offense. At times he’s not keeping his eyes down field when he scrambles.

The sacks are probably an even split between him and the OL. The OL is not as bad as the giants game I think Monty in there, it’s not as much of a shit show. Herbert was terrible.

tldr, Fields is holding on to the ball slightly too long on probably 20% of his drops. If he can learn to take the underneath stuff, he will be fine even in this offense. Remy was right on