Kollmann gives a retrospective view on why Mitch failed with the bears

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LMAO Shanny has had very productive QB's and offenses everywhere he has been regardless of talent. Just stop. And I'm no fan of his either. Nagy is flat out fucking trash. Doesn't understand the use of timeouts, game situations or even in game adjustments. Nagy is fucking garbage. End of story.
point me where Shanny made a dog shit QB like Mitch or Nick Foles “productive”. He did great with Matt Ryan and Jimmy G, but neither of them are as bad as Mitch or Foles, and has had way better offensive talent in both spots. your claim is simply not supported by the truth.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
point me where Shanny made a dog shit QB like Mitch or Nick Foles “productive”. He did great with Matt Ryan and Jimmy G, but neither of them are as bad as Mitch or Foles, and has had way better offensive talent in both spots. your claim is simply not supported by the truth.

See:

GB opener 2018 opener
Miami 2018 OT debacle
NYG game 2018, particularly at the half and end of game
Saints game 2019
GB opener 2019
San Diego 2019
Lions game 2020 (2nd)
GB game 2020 (2nd)
Saints game 2020

I know I'm missing more instances but one thing is for sure: Nagy hasn't learned any fucking thing from his screw ups

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
See:

GB opener 2018 opener
Miami 2018 OT debacle
NYG game 2018, particularly at the half and end of game
Saints game 2019
GB opener 2019
San Diego 2019
Lions game 2020 (2nd)
GB game 2020 (2nd)
Saints game 2020

I know I'm missing more instances but one thing is for sure: Nagy hasn't learned any fucking thing from his screw ups
this has nothing to do with Kyle Shannahan now does it? the point being coaches that look like geniuses with solid talent around them don’t when they don’t have solid talent around them. I never claimed Nagy was as good as Shanny now did i?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this has nothing to do with Kyle Shannahan now does it? the point being coaches that look like geniuses with solid talent around them don’t when they don’t have solid talent around them. I never claimed Nagy was as good as Shanny now did i?

Point remains-- no QB can cover for Nagy as a head coach. He can't coach nor can he gameplan. Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson would not be able to cover for his inability to effectively coach.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Point remains-- no QB can cover for Nagy as a head coach. He can't coach nor can he gameplan. Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson would not be able to cover for his inability to effectively coach.
Nagy’s biggest problems are his fucking ego and inability to call plays. they’re not play designs as the same play book looked 10x better when Lazor called plays. However, to be fair to Nagy, and bring this back to my original point, play calling and game plan design gets a lot easier when you don’t have a back up QB under center for your entire tenure. it would not surprise me to see Nagy canned after this season and find success in another city with better than horse shit at QB and OL.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I didn't see any real insight in that video as to why Trubisky failed.
I honestly think it's bc like Kevin White, he doesn't play relaxed. Tribusky is a nice guy but a bit of a nerd for lack of a better term. The times we saw him turn it on where when he had nothing to lose and so was able to relax - mostly in 4th quarters or in situations where he had been counted out. Check out his high school photo for what it's worth. He's just kind of an akward nerdy guy.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Mitch couldn’t process the game at the speed required in the NFL. That’s why he failed. He had the right tools but mentally couldn’t put it together.
This^^^ exactly. God, you’d think the Bears, after all these years, would at LUCK into a decent QB at some point. But no. It simply is not to be. Is it they don’t know how? Or do they just not want to know how?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
All rookie QBs are sped up, the game is fast and their decision making almost always suffers. The game slows down for some. It never did for Mitch, he remained sped up, and of course it affected his confidence too. You could pretty clear sense that he was doing everything he could to try to project confidence and leadership, but it just wasn't there.

There isn't too much more to say at this point, he was really mostly the same for the last two seasons. We've all watched the tape, no point in going over it again. Never improved, did alright against mediocre defenses (especially when the Bears could run the ball), looked like ass against everyone else.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All rookie QBs are sped up, the game is fast and their decision making almost always suffers. The game slows down for some. It never did for Mitch, he remained sped up, and of course it affected his confidence too. You could pretty clear sense that he was doing everything he could to try to project confidence and leadership, but it just wasn't there.

There isn't too much more to say at this point, he was really mostly the same for the last two seasons. We've all watched the tape, no point in going over it again. Never improved, did alright against mediocre defenses (especially when the Bears could run the ball), looked like ass against everyone else.

Yep. Time to let it go. Swing and a miss