Kollmann gives a retrospective view on why Mitch failed with the bears

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Set the edge is his secondary channel where he offers a different type of football content. *Disclaimer* it's wildly depressing but entertaining if you're a sucker for pain.

The bears are also his 2nd favorite team behind the Texans so he's no stranger to the doldrums of inner sorrow.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Remember Kollman doing a video look at Trubisky after the 2018 season and his reaction being "theres some good things on the tape but ...ummm... theres a lot to be concerned about". And now we're here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Set the edge is his secondary channel where he offers a different type of football content. *Disclaimer* it's wildly depressing but entertaining if you're a sucker for pain.

The bears are also his 2nd favorite team behind the Texans so he's no stranger to the doldrums of inner sorrow.

He's got a good sense of humor.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

tldr: trubs failed with the bears cause he's not that good. everything else about the team aside, he just isn't good enough

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It's the only thing that makes sense.
My theory is that he's just delusional. He thinks the Bears are way better than they actually are and if he just plugs in the right guy at quarterback it will just come together all at once.

Ryan Pace for one year built the best roster in the NFL only for his kicker to clang the playoffs off the upright and crossbar. Brutal, but that's sports. Ever since that happened the Bears have spent three consecutive off-seasons without ever adding a real impact player. Closest you got was somebody like Robert Quinn, who just got a lot of money because his position commands a lot of money.

The 2019 off-season was defined by fixing the kicker, the 2020 and 2021 off-seasons have been this vain attempt to tune the quarterback dial to just the right frequency. As if that's how it works, finding the right guy in the right year and it'll magically come together.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Matt Nagy hasn’t had a single starting caliber QB to work with since he got to Chicago. i don’t believe he has one right now either.

it’s tough to make an offense work with back up QBs and a mediocre offensive line.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy hasn’t had a single starting caliber QB to work with since he got to Chicago. i don’t believe he has one right now either.

it’s tough to make an offense work with back up QBs and a mediocre offensive line.

The problem isn't really the talent as much as it is Nagy not learning from his mistakes. It's year 4 now and he's still saying he needs to learn from this and that. That wouldn't cut it for most franchises.

If it was just mitch sucking, I'd get it, but the guy has misused his RB's, WR's, TE's, AND ran the wrong kind of blocking scheme for his offensive line for two years.

About this video tho, I won't bother watching. The problem with mitch is he got less athletic and accurate the longer he was with the bears. He also got worse at reading defenses.

Getting worse every year isn't how you stay in the NFL.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm going to make a video breaking down what went wrong with Mitch. It'll be really short and to the point. Essentially it will be me dressed up as a caveman saying "Mitch dumb".

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The problem isn't really the talent as much as it is Nagy not learning from his mistakes. It's year 4 now and he's still saying he needs to learn from this and that. That wouldn't cut it for most franchises.

If it was just mitch sucking, I'd get it, but the guy has misused his RB's, WR's, TE's, AND ran the wrong kind of blocking scheme for his offensive line for two years.

About this video tho, I won't bother watching. The problem with mitch is he got less athletic and accurate the longer he was with the bears. He also got worse at reading defenses.

Getting worse every year isn't how you stay in the NFL.
having a decent QB hides a lot of mistakes. Nagy is not a perfect coach. he would have to be Sean Payton, Billy B, or Kyle Shannahan to hide the horse shit he’s working with. i hesitate to even use Shanny as he has one of the best OLs and TEs in football.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Not for Chip Kelly with Foles.

Not for Dougie P with Foles.

Hell, not even for Nagy in 18 with Mitch.

He lost his entire offensive identity and has no clue how to run an offense at all with any commitment to a scheme. The only way a Qb could succeed under his schizo leadership is if the QB is Rodgers or Brady and will take over playcalling.

Foles tried in some heated moments on the sidelines but did not really have the talent anymore for success at stepping up and being the leader.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I feel like Pace already has a verbal commitment with ownership.

Sometimes I think he's just plugging along doing what he can regardless of his status.

Sometimes I think maybe brass has told him he's got to win this year with a QB on a 1 year deal...and he won't be allowed to use a significant pick on QB. (By trade or draft.) Hence the "QB1" post.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
having a decent QB hides a lot of mistakes. Nagy is not a perfect coach. he would have to be Sean Payton, Billy B, or Kyle Shannahan to hide the horse shit he’s working with. i hesitate to even use Shanny as he has one of the best OLs and TEs in football.

LMAO Shanny has had very productive QB's and offenses everywhere he has been regardless of talent. Just stop. And I'm no fan of his either. Nagy is flat out fucking trash. Doesn't understand the use of timeouts, game situations or even in game adjustments. Nagy is fucking garbage. End of story.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should have known when he rocked that visor. Fing chump.