Kraken Expansion Draft

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ok, now that the protected lists are out... and all the stars of Seattle past and present are going to be there for the picks, tell me. Who you guys, what are your guesses.

Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET during a 90-minute special on ESPN2

Who do they take from the Hawks?:
Who do they take Number 1?:
Who do they not pass up on for sure?:
Does Marshawn Lynch eat candy while making his selection?:
Can Shawn Kemp read the name on the card he's handed?:
Who do you wish they would take but the don't?:
Who do you definately not want them to take?:

Chicago Blackhawks

Available

Ryan Carpenter (F)
Brett Connolly (F)
Josh Dickinson (F)
Adam Gaudette (F)
Vinnie Hinostroza (F)
Brandon Pirri (F)
John Quenneville (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Calvin de Haan (D)
Anton Lindholm (D)
Nikita Zadorov (D)
Collin Delia (G)
Malcolm Subban (G)

Protected

Henrik Borgstrom (F)
Alex DeBrincat (F)
Brandon Hagel (F)
David Kampf (F)
Patrick Kane (F)
Dylan Strome (F)
Jonathan Toews (F)
Caleb Jones (D)
Connor Murphy (D)
Riley Stillman (D)
Kevin Lankinen (G)

I'd kinda like to give Guadette another shot for some reason. Not married to anyone else, like Carpenter for what he is, but he's easy to find in this draft so I could see them taking him and not taking him depending on who they take elsewhere. Pray they take Zadorov so Stan can't fuck up even further. Hino seems to always have options with his speed so maybe? No way they take either Goalie because well... lots of better options there. Hell I would have even left Lank unprotected if it meant you could protect someone else.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As much as I don’t want it to happen. Have to think the Kraken take Zadorov

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Am I wacko for preferring to protect Zadorov instead of Murphy?
Yes.....Murphy's not that much better but at least he shows up and isn't a passenger half the time.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I don’t want it to happen. Have to think the Kraken take Zadorov

That's what I'm thinking as well.
If they don't, hopefully Stan can sign him for a reasonable price. If he won't take less and still wants $5-6M+ per year let him walk.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
That's what I'm thinking as well.
If they don't, hopefully Stan can sign him for a reasonable price. If he won't take less and still wants $5-6M+ per year let him walk.
This is probably a reason he is exposed. I'm sure they know what he wants

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wishful thinking that they relieve us of DeHaan. I think they might nab Hino. Zadorov is a possibility but they would have to sign him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
In case anyone wanted to see it the link I posted has all protected and exposed players for each team.

Goalie probably goes first?

Granada

Liked Posts:
For Seattle, it'll be between Z or De Haan. I'd rather keep Zadorov, and I would have been completely fine exposing Murphy.

Kraken will have some interesting names to choose from, including Tarasenko and Landeskog. That plus the players Tampa will have to expose -- I feel like they're going to be stacked right out of the gate, just like Vegas was.

Price is available too. I know he's old but still. If the Kraken don't pick Tarasenko, Landeskog, and/or Price, I'd be surprised.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For Seattle, it'll be between Z or De Haan. I'd rather keep Zadorov, and I would have been completely fine exposing Murphy.

Kraken will have some interesting names to choose from, including Tarasenko and Landeskog. That plus the players Tampa will have to expose -- I feel like they're going to be stacked right out of the gate, just like Vegas was.

Price is available too. I know he's old but still. If the Kraken don't pick Tarasenko, Landeskog, and/or Price, I'd be surprised.
Landeskog is unrestricted free agent. He's not getting picked.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Available

Alex Barre-Boulet (F)
Blake Coleman (F)
Ross Colton (F)
Yanni Gourde (F)
Tyler Johnson (F)
Mathieu Joseph (F)
Boris Katchouk (F)
Alex Killorn (F)
Pat Maroon (F)
Boo Nieves (F)
Ondrej Palat (F)
Taylor Raddysh (F)
Gemel Smith (F)
Otto Somppi (F)
Mitchell Stephens (F)
Daniel Walcott (F)
Luke Witkowski (F)
Andreas Borgman (D)
Fredrik Claesson (D)
Sean Day (D)
Cal Foote (D)
Brian Lashoff (D)
Dominik Masin (D)
Jan Rutta (D)
David Savard (D)
Luke Schenn (D)
Ben Thomas (D)
Christopher Gibson (G)
Spencer Martin (G)
Curtis McElhinney (G)

Protected

Anthony Cirelli (F)
Nikita Kucherov (F)
Brayden Point (F)
Steven Stamkos (F)
Erik Cernak (D)
Victor Hedman (D)
Ryan McDonagh (D)
Mikhail Sergachev (D)
Andrei Vasilevskiy (G)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think I have a crazy theory that maybe the rumors of zadorov wanting 5-7M may be out there on purpose for some protection on an unprotected player... Would the kraken take him knowing he's looking at that much of a raise...?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I have a crazy theory that maybe the rumors of zadorov wanting 5-7M may be out there on purpose for some protection on an unprotected player... Would the kraken take him knowing he's looking at that much of a raise...?

Hmm, interesting thought. And isn't he eligible for arbitration too?

Granada

Liked Posts:

Okay, but he's one of the best 3 players they'll be able to choose from league-wide. The guy could be your captain.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
If Z wants to go to Kraken he will go to Kraken. I like Stan getting someone else to do his work. I think if he asks for anything over 4.5 they pass. Word on the street they will be signing A. Larson and J. Oleksiak 2 very big boys. So last night I thought it would be Z now Im not to sure. Im thinking Gaudette now , maybe fingers crossed Dehann. Lynch eats some skittles ,love the Kemp one I say yes he will have 3 hours to practice Vince Dunn. Landeskog if he is offered 3 years at 10
does he turn it down, Avs have already told him they expect him to take the cheap deal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Okay, but he's one of the best 3 players they'll be able to choose from league-wide. The guy could be your captain.
And he would become a free agent days after they selected him. Why would you waste the pick? Ovechkin is out there too, you got pick him?

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Looks like they will sign 3 UFAs Larson , Oleksiak and CD 60 im sure they talked to Lang nothing worked out so they wont be selecting him. Per Mark Spector Quenneville gets picked that would be a wow.

Granada

Liked Posts:
And he would become a free agent days after they selected him. Why would you waste the pick? Ovechkin is out there too, you got pick him?

That's apples to oranges comparison with Ovechkin. Landeskog is only 28.

They're allowed to talk to him now. I just read they have been, but haven't been able to cement anything. So they're probably not picking him.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Looks like they will sign 3 UFAs Larson , Oleksiak and CD 60 im sure they talked to Lang nothing worked out so they wont be selecting him. Per Mark Spector Quenneville gets picked that would be a wow.

That would be. Z is looking less likely now with Larson and Oleksiak. In a way, that is a testament to how shitty the Hawks are currently, if the best player they can offer the Kraken is Quenneville.

Granada

Liked Posts:
So it's pretty much known now who the Kraken is picking from every team (other than Detroit) even before the draft begins. I was looking forward to watching the draft but what's the point now?

Nice thing is they're stealing Gourde from Tampa. I'm surprised they'd pick Giordano from Calgary, guess they could always trade him though.