Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
congrats Krissy boy!

congrats to Schwarber in Philly!

congrats to Javy in Dtown!

congrats to Tony in the bronx!

Get paid lads!

Cubs will be fine!
I think all of them except Schwarber ended up signing for less than cubs offered on extensions.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kris will now avg 50 bombs a year because launching pad says so.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kris will now avg 50 bombs a year because launching pad says so.
Hmm…yet, his career numbers at coors field are pretty mediocre. Granted it’s only 57 at bats but he’s hitting like .265 with 2 homers in his career at coors. Kris just isn’t the same guy he was 5 years ago.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hmm…yet, his career numbers at coors field are pretty mediocre. Granted it’s only 57 at bats but he’s hitting like .265 with 2 homers in his career at coors. Kris just isn’t the same guy he was 5 years ago.

All good. They will just leak more helium right before his AB's.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I have to imagine that's a pretty disappointing return for him given what he apparently wanted from the cubs.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They are a long ways from competing..

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
He'll put up big numbers playing in Colorado but that seems like a ton of money for a non elite player.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He'll put up big numbers playing in Colorado but that seems like a ton of money for a non elite player.

26 AAV is tier 2 now. Tier 1 is 30+

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They are a long ways from competing..

Boras = biggest pay out.

Rumor has Balt has offered Correa 10/300. Don't be shocked if the $$$ wins and that one over

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Boras = biggest pay out.

Rumor has Balt has offered Correa 10/300. Don't be shocked if the $$$ wins and that one over
Cubs should sign Conforto, trade happ for Hosmer and prospect and sign folty (braves SP) and go into the season with that. They might be competitive, otherwise they'd have some nice pieces to flip at the deadline

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Boras = biggest pay out.

Baltimore does not offer contracts like that!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get that. Just don't believe it one bit.

Latest On Carlos Correa’s Market

By Anthony Franco | March 18, 2022 at 6:45pm CDT

Carlos Correa remains on the free agent market, as possible suitors like the Yankees, Phillies, Tigers and Rangers have all seemingly decided not to make a serious run at him this offseason. With less than three weeks to go before Opening Day, a resolution on the Correa front seems likely to arrive sooner than later.
The incumbent Astros haven’t abandoned their pursuit. Houston’s initial five-year, $160MM offer to Correa early in the offseason never seemed especially tempting for the star shortstop. Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic tweeted earlier this week the Astros were preparing a new offer, noting that players in Houston camp were palpably excited about the possibility the team could bring him back.
Asked about the chances of re-upping Correa this morning, Astros GM James Click demurred (video link from Jason Bristol of KHOU). “It’s not something we’re going to comment on one way or the other,” he said before noting that the recent signing of Niko Goodrum strengthened the club’s overall infield depth. Houston also has veteran Aledmys Díaz and top prospect Jeremy Peña as possible options if Correa heads elsewhere. Skipper Dusty Baker called Peña “the frontrunner” among the in-house players at the position this week (via Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle).
Former Astros scouting director Mike Elias — an instrumental factor in Houston’s decision to select Correa first overall in the 2012 draft — is now running baseball operations with the Orioles. That has led to some speculation the rebuilding O’s could get into the mix for the two-time All-Star. There hadn’t previously been any firm indication Baltimore was considering such a move, but Rosenthal wrote last night the O’s could contemplate a run at Correa “if his price dropped to a level the club deemed appropriate.”
That’d require a change in tone from Elias’ comments earlier this week, when he said he didn’t anticipate the Orioles signing any players to multi-year contracts. Making an exception for Correa, though, makes some sense. Beyond Elias’ personal familiarity with the shortstop, Correa’s young enough to anchor whatever core with which the O’s emerge from their rebuild. He’s only 27 years old, and while Correa wouldn’t single-handedly make Baltimore a contender this year, he’d presumably remain an excellent player during 2023-24 campaigns when the O’s expect to be competitive.
Correa to Baltimore remains a long shot, and the caveat that it may require his asking price falling is a notable one. Still, Raul Ramos of Con Las Bases Llenas linked the O’s with Correa before Rosenthal’s report, writing the club may even had put an offer on the table. There’ll certainly be more clarity on Correa’s eventual destination fairly soon, particularly with the other star free agent option at the position, Trevor Story, reportedly nearing a decision.