Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kris Bryant so far in 2024...

14 at bats with 0(yes thats correct ZERO) hits and 8 strikeouts

this is the guy @CSF77 wanted to trade for and give up prospects for, while also taking on the contract :shifty:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kris Bryant so far in 2024...

14 at bats with 0(yes thats correct ZERO) hits and 8 strikeouts

this is the guy @CSF77 wanted to trade for and give up prospects for, while also taking on the contract :shifty:

What the hell has happened to him? I thought he was one of the best looking young hitters I've seen in many a moon in 2015/16.

BTW, Shota looked pretty impressive today but you can see why he gives up a lot of HRs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And add that contract would be similar to what Jed paid for Ben zobrist at approximately the same age. And I would expect the production to be similar also

Also, if I recall right, didn't Bryant spank the Cubs at the end of last year and he was starting to get healthy again I'll have to check his numbers but I do recall that he was part of the reason why the Cubs didn't get in
When fans consider their team trading for players, they get caught up in sentiment and emotion.

If Kris Bryant had never played for the Cubs previously, would you be proposing the trade you proposed? I doubt it.

You don’t win world championships, making deals based on sentiment. It’s going to sound cold, but a GM needs to look at players for what they really are: tools. What tools do you need to build the team. Don’t get caught up in whether they’re a nice guy or whether they played here before or whether the fans love them. That is not the way you build a winner.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What the hell has happened to him? I thought he was one of the best looking young hitters I've seen in many a moon in 2015/16.

BTW, Shota looked pretty impressive today but you can see why he gives up a lot of HRs.
Bryant was never the same after getting hit in the head with a pitch. There were other injuries as well, but I think that is what really turned it around. It has happened to others.

Bust

Liked Posts:
When fans consider their team trading for players, they get caught up in sentiment and emotion.

If Kris Bryant had never played for the Cubs previously, would you be proposing the trade you proposed? I doubt it.

tru dat sir! Crunch the numbers from recent times, not the lou brock trade from 60 years ago, lol. Former Chicago stars/fan favorites from all the major pro leagues who left? There is but a handful like Kyle Schwarber the organization probably regrets letting walk. But vast majority of the time? Chicago front offices have made the right choice in parting ways.

Post Bears: Akiem Hicks who? Allan Robinson who? Mitch Trubisky who, etc.

Jordan Howard produced for the Bears (great bang for buck production). He was only 24 and got traded.

post bears . . . ouch!

post cubs . . . ouch! ops in the .600's simply not good enough with the money Javy is making

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Yeah, all those 2021 trades worked out wonderfully. I think for Bryant, his love for the game is gone, he is just playing out his contract.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah, all those 2021 trades worked out wonderfully. I think for Bryant, his love for the game is gone, he is just playing out his contract.
LOL, that sentiment is personally relatable - I am playing out my contract at work as well, so can't hate on KB for doing the same.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
KB to the injured list where he spends the majority of his time...nobody other than CSF is shocked

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lower back even? Kris is a slow healer. He'll be out a month.

LOL! The first replay says all. He knicked Heyward's arm pit and the dude is done.